Supporters forum - 5pm Thursday 20th July (2 Viewers)

Levship20

Was joking
20k and if GH was to in the future discuss a more long term deal for the stadium, I would hope we would get a better deal, F&B for example!! DK’s ambition will be to get this at a manageable level whilst still having the purse to invest

SHUNT31

Not happening this season or any time soon
That’s a shame.

It’s ridiculous that we have an away end that size and behind the goal. Appreciate we haven’t had the attendances in the past to warrant a smaller away end but if we want to be taken seriously as a club, we can’t be giving away fans 15-20% of the total capacity. They should be shoved in the corner like most away ends.

Skybluedownunder

That’s a shame.

It’s ridiculous that we have an away end that size and behind the goal. Appreciate we haven’t had the attendances in the past to warrant a smaller away end but if we want to be taken seriously as a club, we can’t be giving away fans 15-20% of the total capacity. They should be shoved in the corner like most away ends.

I can’t believe at Highfield Rd we used to give the away fans that prime location… was crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skybluedownunder

Though it was much more normal in those days

D’ya reckon? I always used to think even back at the time of Highfield road we were one of the only clubs that would give such prime seating, everyone else was behind a goal or tucked in the corner.

It’s right though, giving so much seating which isn’t always filled, especially weeknights is hampering having strong attendances for us as we grow our season ticket holders. They should be given reduced capacity tucked in a corner. The less fans they have and more home fans we have gives us a strong home advantage having the crowd behind us, and potentially avoids away fans putting off a penalty taker

DazzleTommyDazzle

D’ya reckon? I always used to think even back at the time of Highfield road we were one of the only clubs that would give such prime seating, everyone else was behind a goal or tucked in the corner.

It’s right though, giving so much seating which isn’t always filled, especially weeknights is hampering having strong attendances for us as we grow our season ticket holders. They should be given reduced capacity tucked in a corner. The less fans they have and more home fans we have gives us a strong home advantage having the crowd behind us, and potentially avoids away fans putting off a penalty taker

I suppose it depends how far you go back.

I started doing away games in the mid to late 70s and it wasn't unusual to be behind the goal in those days.

And of course, that was standing!

Sky Blue Pete

no, it says there the minimum is 2k or 10% of the ground if 10% is less than 2k

35.3 says

35.3.1 Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000. The League may, on the prior written

That could be read two ways couldnt it?

David O'Day

35.3 says

35.3.1 Each Club must make provision for at least 2,000 visiting supporters at every home match or such number as represents 10% of the Club’s certified capacity, if less than 2,000. The League may, on the prior written

That could be read two ways couldnt it?
no, it clearly states it minimum is 2k unless 10% of the stadium is less than 2k

also Elland Road holds loads more the CBS so if it was on a percentage basis they would have to offer more

Sky Blue Pete

I think you’re correct though and have asked Colin to clarify to include in the published minutes as I think with the answer given that he’s misunderstood it

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread