Supporters forum - 5pm Thursday 20th July (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Questions please - deadline for them 12th July

I’ll summarise those that I forward to Colin Henderson the chair once done

Thanks everyone

If anyone is available to go and wants to go on behalf of sbt please dm me and I can check with Colin that I can attend as secretary and vice chair

RoboCCFC90

Questions please - deadline for them 12th July

I’ll summarise those that I forward to Colin Henderson the chair once done

Thanks everyone

If anyone is available to go and wants to go on behalf of sbt please dm me and I can check with Colin that I can attend as secretary and vice chair

At any what point Pete did you think "I'm going to regret this" as you posted this thread :ROFLMAO:

Sky Blue Pete

Who represents women supporters?
How many women supporters does the club have?
If they don't know why not?
What is the club doing to attract support from over 50 percent of potential supporters?
Great question it’s a lady who has taken a keen interest in these issues as equality lead I’ll find out more
She’s brilliant too on mark Hornbys team

Minutes on there for the last couple - could you look and ask a specific question if not previously covered

SBAndy

Question for you Pete: what is the aim of these meetings? Improvement of matchday experience? Feedback on customer-facing aspects? Understanding of financial circumstances?

Plenty of questions I have but the format will dictate which are worthwhile asking.

Sky Blue Pete

Great question it’s a lady who has taken a keen interest in these issues as equality lead I’ll find out more
She’s brilliant too on mark Hornbys team

Minutes on there for the last couple - could you look and ask a specific question if not previously covered
I’m sorry I was misremembering the disability link person is jody Jones. Rather than equality lead. That’s Sandra garlick but I think she may have been ignored a little too by the new regime, I can include the initial questions you asked I think

Sky Blue Pete

Question for you Pete: what is the aim of these meetings? Improvement of matchday experience? Feedback on customer-facing aspects? Understanding of financial circumstances?

Plenty of questions I have but the format will dictate which are worthwhile asking.
It says in the ccfc site what they’re for

The Supporters Forum was formed in January 2018.

The aims for the Forum, agreed by supporters on the Forum, are:

• To establish a forum for supporters to communicate directly with the club in a structured manner.
  • To help the club better understand the club issues that most affect and concern fans.
  • To give the club an opportunity to consult, explain the thinking behind key decisions and improve club transparency.
  • To enable fans to play a key role in helping the club achieve success on and off the pitch.
  • To support Coventry City Football Club and help improve it for the benefit of all supporters

RoboCCFC90

Q: Who authorised Simon Moore's stupid hairdo and can you tell him to get rid of it?

SBAndy

Matchday:
- Why are we continuing to close seats in on-sale areas when the risk-reduction impact on this is limited at best?
- Given the significant increase in season tickets, has there been any thought to operating a fan village within the exhibition hall on matchdays? Now The Mill is closed there are limited options for families/children.
- What will be replacing the betting kiosks on the concourse?
- The service within the corporate lounges is disappointing, with a high turnover of staff and many seemingly learning ‘on the job’ rather than having training provided before opening. What are you doing to resolve this?

Financial:
- Was the EFL loan fully repaid as part of the takeover transaction?
- What other commercial opportunities are you exploring alongside sponsorship and corporate sales?
- Do you intend to inject any external investment into the playing side of the club, or is this ringfenced to infrastructure?
- How does the new license agreement compare to what was in place previously?
- Is there any external debt currently housed in either Coventry City Football Club Ltd or CovCityCo Ltd?

djr8369

Matchday:
- Why are we continuing to close seats in on-sale areas when the risk-reduction impact on this is limited at best?
- Given the significant increase in season tickets, has there been any thought to operating a fan village within the exhibition hall on matchdays? Now The Mill is closed there are limited options for families/children.
- What will be replacing the betting kiosks on the concourse?
- The service within the corporate lounges is disappointing, with a high turnover of staff and many seemingly learning ‘on the job’ rather than having training provided before opening. What are you doing to resolve this?

Financial:
- Was the EFL loan fully repaid as part of the takeover transaction?
- What other commercial opportunities are you exploring alongside sponsorship and corporate sales?
- Do you intend to inject any external investment into the playing side of the club, or is this ringfenced to infrastructure?
- How does the new license agreement compare to what was in place previously?
- Is there any external debt currently housed in either Coventry City Football Club Ltd or CovCityCo Ltd?
The fan village is a great shout and with higher attendances worth doing. In the good weather, before the Brum and boro games the extra food and beer trucks outside helped.

Sky Blue Pete

The fan village is a great shout and with higher attendances worth doing. In the good weather, before the Brum and boro games the extra food and beer trucks outside helped.
Previous minutes referred to opposite end to main entrance to ground I think being a ccfc end. Hopefully some more answers about what this means at the meeting

SBAndy

Previous minutes referred to opposite end to main entrance to ground I think being a ccfc end. Hopefully some more answers about what this means at the meeting

Might just be me, but haven’t got a clue what you’re on about here.

MAFF

They need to sort out the shit show of travelling to games. There’s not enough places to park around the ground (thank to the restrictions) and virtually no public transport options (poxy minibuses from the tavern don’t count).

Have the club raised the issue of the train station with Frasers?

SBAndy

What % of our sales has to go to pay off Sisu?

To build on this: are there any contractual obligations either on an ongoing basis or performance-related basis for the former ownership to extract funds from the club? If so, what do these look like?

djr8369

Might just be me, but haven’t got a clue what you’re on about here.
I think it’s reference to main arena entrance and exhibition hall where wasps had fan village being opposite the main stand (sorry forget which one it is, east?).

djr8369

They need to sort out the shit show of travelling to games. There’s not enough places to park around the ground (thank to the restrictions) and virtually no public transport options (poxy minibuses from the tavern don’t count).

Have the club raised the issue of the train station with Frasers?
Now you mention that, Pete, getting away from the stadium after games is horrendous and it’s only a matter of time until there is an accident. There aren’t enough footpaths or ways to cross the road.

Would it be at all feasible to add further footbridges? Limit or slow traffic on match days? Run shuttle buses to the city centre?

Saddlebrains

Dear Doug/ Dave and co

PLEASE REPLACE/PAINT THE FUCKING WINDOWSILLS AT RYTON AND THE SMASHED FUCKING WINDOW

Kind Regards

Saddlebrains - SBT Member

KenilworthSkyBlue

What is the club doing to pursue commercial relationships with local universities - i.e. Warwick/Coventry University. Numerous clubs throughout the EFL partner with a local university in some commercial capacity yet it's something the club has always fallen flat with (likely SISU-induced). So essentially what is the club doing so it can capitalise not only on the local student population but also to attract these institutions as commercial partners.

Similarly, has the club approached the larger enterprises in the area such as JLR and Aston Martin for commercial partnership opportunities. Are there any opportunities here or are they simply not interested?

What is the current situation with operating losses. How significant are they and is there a plan for DK to bridge them or will the majority need to be covered through commercial/sponsorship/ticketing/merchandise revenue as well as player sales?

What is the plan following the conclusion of the five year license agreement with FG at the CBS? Why couldn't a long-term agreement be agreed?

Can you divulge further into what actually is the commercial arrangement under the new license? Does the club see any F&B/parking revenue or does it all go to FG.

What is the club doing to try and boost commercial income throughout the 23/24 season?

DK claimed that he was looking at partnering with international and national enterprises on a commercial basis. (Presuming these haven't materialised, why not?)

Who actually owns the training ground and is there still a charge on it?

The club has recently funded a new pitch at the CBS. Are there contractual obligations in place for FG to contribute to the upkeep if they plan on using it for certain events?

Aside from the new pitches, will further improvements be made to the training ground and facilities over the coming months/years. If so what are these?

From its own perspective what are the club's biggest challenges over the coming years? And how does it plan to overcome these?

Irish Sky Blue

One of the things that I found annoying with all of the segregation that exists is the closure of the club shop after games until (presumably) the away coaches have gone. I tried to go in after one of the games last season but was told by the steward manning the fence that I’d have to wait until it was safe to pull back the fence. I didn’t bother and went home. I think this will be true of a lot of people. They are turning away people who would like to spend money on the club.
To me, they could keep the same level of segregation and security by putting fencing across from the shop frontage to the opposite wall and allow people access to the shop by using the slope. It’s madness that a club in need of cash is actually turning customers away.

One of the ladies in the shop told me at the time of the Tommy Hutchison book signing that the place is really buzzing after a City win and people spend more money after a victory. Higher crowds, possibly more younger fans and you turn them away from the shop? There has to be a way of having the shop open directly after games.

Sky Blue Pete

Some of the questions have already had answers can people read the website and previous minutes before suggesting them please?

Sky Blue Pete

Also it’s an hour meeting so when I summarise what questions to pose please don’t be too frustrated and suggest I’m not willing to question the club

KenilworthSkyBlue

Also it’s an hour meeting so when I summarise what questions to pose please don’t be too frustrated and suggest I’m not willing to question the club

I think if anything it's important that in this particular meeting that attendees actually listen and gather intel rather necessarily press the club on answers given or for further info. That likely won't be all that productive at this stage anyway and time is limited.

I know in previous meetings time has been taken up by nonsense drivel. So probably would be more beneficial that follow-ups to vague/nondescript answers are tabled at a future supporters forums to ensure as much intel is gathered as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread