Super Max (1 Viewer)

stupot07

But again that is not a genuine stat as an appearance can be 95 minutes or 2. Its why goals per minute is a much better measure of what a player can do.
You are a poster that I usually agree with as I think on the whole you try to be fair.
I don't think you're doing that in this thread.
Since breaking his duck and scoring his first league goal against Swindon hes scored 20 in 51 games in all competitions. Not sure how that stacks up in terms of starts and subs.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

As I’ve said before, you’re right about some stuff. But fuckmylife, whether it’s your intention or not, sometimes it comes across as you;

Really believe what you’re saying
WUMing
Plain wrong but won’t admit it

Or...myfavorite;

Secretly hoping we make the playoffs and Biamou misses the decisive penalty so you can be officially crowned the forum heavyweight champion.

The bloke is a complete and utter joke.

He said in December we won't finish top 8.

DazzleTommyDazzle

he’s had 6 assists in his career and as Oggy said his biggest weakness still is work off the ball

Yesterday in commentary, Oggy said that it had been his biggest weakness. This was said in the context of Oggy praising him for spotting that Pask (I think) was out of position and Biamou had sprinted 60 yards to cover him.

Reactions: PVA

Grendel

As I’ve said before, you’re right about some stuff. But fuckmylife, whether it’s your intention or not, sometimes it comes across as you;

Really believe what you’re saying
WUMing
Plain wrong but won’t admit it

Or...myfavorite;

Secretly hoping we make the playoffs and Biamou misses the decisive penalty so you can be officially crowned the forum heavyweight champion.

It’s the same argument regarding Burge

If we’d have invested in a decent keeper we’d have been promoted 3 years ago

if we’d invested in a decent striker to actually play in this system we’d be promoted by now

We haven’t

stupot07

Explain?

Tell me how many times this season we have put a ball to a strikers foot in the box this season? Even better in the last 10 games in the league..

Now go back and watch Leon Clarkes Coventry goals.

Then come back and tow me how much you've heard it all

Go back and watch Armstrong and McGoldrick, a lot of there goals they recieved the ball outside the box.

He needs to make better runs. We get loads of balls into the box.

I dont even think hes a bad player, but he still needs to offer more. Biamou often looks more like scoring that he does when he comes in.

I'll leave you to it

Grendel

Yesterday in commentary, Oggy said that it had been his biggest weakness. This was said in the context of Oggy praising him for spotting that Pask (I think) was out of position and Biamou had sprinted 60 yards to cover him.

No he still said it’s the think Robins will still need him to improve on and it’s why he doesn’t start matches

Evo1883

But again that is not a genuine stat as an appearance can be 95 minutes or 2. Its why goals per minute is a much better measure of what a player can do.
You are a poster that I usually agree with as I think on the whole you try to be fair.
I don't think you're doing that in this thread.

Ok fair enough, but I haven't said I dislike max, I'm trying to be fair on Bakayoko more than anything in this thread.

I said a few pages earlier I like max and am grateful for his contribution

Londonccfcfan

The fact that we sit 2nd in the league on GD. Today Yet we have folks dissing our strikers is a complete joke, especially one that came off the bench and scored the 2nd goal.

Unbelievable the stupid. Are they actually fans?

Evo1883

Go back and watch Armstrong and McGoldrick, a lot of there goals they recieved the ball outside the box.

He needs to make better runs. We get loads of balls into the box.

I dont even think hes a bad player, but he still needs to offer more.

I watch him make the run in behind all game but we choose to go sideways, I watch it happen with max too.

In terms of the quality of chances creates (likely to lead to a goal) we are something like the 7th worst in the league.

Goes hand in hand with underperforming strikers then

Irish Sky Blue

The fact he’s not starting tells you something

Godden or Biamou if sold tomorrow - who would attract have biggest fee? Include Bakayoko as well if you like
That's not the discussion. I think most City fans would say that an in form Godden is the better player. They would also say the Biamou has a positive contribution to make, can score goals at this level and is a reasonable player. It is the last part that you simply can't bring yourself to agree with. It's okay to say you were wrong.

Evo1883

The fact that we sit 2nd in the league on GD. Today Yet we have folks dissing our strikers is a complete joke, especially one that came off the bench and scored the 2nd goal.

Unbelievable the stupid. Are they actually fans?

Mate

I don't like this

I travel thousands of miles every season with this club.

I've missed 11 games in the last 5 years home and away.

I'm not dissing max I'm trying to put some balance on why supporters overhyped his contribution.

Again and final time.

I like max, I like baka, I like godden.

usskyblue

if we’d invested in a decent striker to actually play in this system we’d be promoted by now

We haven’t

I getcha. You’re not too far off base...

But we’re joint top, so please calmyourtits a bit and stop baiting the locals.

....it’s seriously harshing my mellow

Londonccfcfan

Mate

I don't like this

I'm not dissing max I'm trying to put some balance on why supporters overhyped his contribution.

Again and final time.

Give credit where it's due then.

Irish Sky Blue

Since breaking his duck and scoring his first league goal against Swindon hes scored 20 in 51 games in all competitions. Not sure how that stacks up in terms of starts and subs.

That's one every two and a half games even before you look at goals per minute. A good stat!

Grendel

That's not the discussion. I think most City fans would say that an in form Godden is the better player. They would also say the Biamou has a positive contribution to make, can score goals at this level and is a reasonable player. It is the last part that you simply can't bring yourself to agree with. It's okay to say you were wrong.

Well it is the discussion as he’s been claimed to be the best free transfer we have ever had, up there with 3 named premier league players and should start ahead of a 0.75m player

steve cooper

We haven’t
This season and last, we have had 5 or 6 attempts at finding the right striker, and laid out good money (apparently). One of the problems has been that we have changed our system.

Evo1883

I shouldn't have got involved and just left the echo chamber alone tbh :)

I look forward to being tagged in when he scores next even though il be celebrating too

Old Warwickshire lad

We all have our own opinions, thought that’s what this forum was all about.
Put them 12 yards out with just the keeper to beat. If I had to put money on it I would go 1. Godden 2. Max 3. Baka
Some will agree some not. Each surely entitled to an opinion.
In the end it is only Robins opinion that counts.

Evo1883

I agree, but I think that you seem to be taking the opposite stance and are trying to downgrade what he has achieved, can do.

Fair enough, if I've come accross that way it's not my intention.
Just trying to be balanced if I'm honest

Irish Sky Blue

Well it is the discussion as he’s been claimed to be the best free transfer we have ever had, up there with 3 named premier league players and should start ahead of a 0.75m player
You're picking out extreme comments that are at the other end of the spectrum from your own and are just as far off the mark.
Go on. admit it. At this level Max is a reasonable player, can score goals and makes a positive contribution.

usskyblue

FUCKIT

I’ll say it.

Robins (for being a striker as a player) doesn’t, for whatever reason* play a system (currently) that plays to a strikers benefit.

He concentrates on midfield (holding and advancement) and a solid defence. Which means we’ve probably conceded less than a lot of teams in the league (can’t be arsed to look).

Arguing amongst ourselves about strikers stats and selfies seems a bit fucking redundant when half the time, the system currently employed, leaves the fuckers running around for scraps.

*It’s working so I ain’t knocking it

Last edited:

clint van damme

Mate

I don't like this

Again and final time.

I'm not in agreement with everything you're saying here but I haven't read any of it as dissing players just debating their attributes.

Grendel

You're picking out extreme comments that are at the other end of the spectrum from your own and are just as far off the mark.
Go on. admit it. At this level Max is a reasonable player, can score goals and makes a positive contribution.

Ive said repeatedly the one area we have in the squad that is ooir is in the forward role and players like Clarke, Armstrong, Wilson and McGoldrick would have easily been on 20 league goals already and the only reason If we fail us because of this

Londonccfcfan

Ive said repeatedly the one area we have in the squad that is ooir is in the forward role and players like Clarke, Armstrong, Wilson and McGoldrick would have easily been on 20 league goals already and the only reason If we fail us because of this

We are a league 1 club...imperfect like all the rest of the club's in this league. We can't have it all.

All we can do is be better than the rest.

Lol the strikers you memtion are all playing championship and ptemkership level. Lol this isn't FIFA.

NortonSkyBlue

Throwing my view in to the discussion late on.
Max is a very likeable character and that goes a long way with goodwill. I find myself rooting for him and I can't explain where that comes from logically.
I remember him coming over to the fans at Carlisle and getting abused nastily after a win.
Sometimes he looks like a pub player, other times he can take your breath away with something he does.
I want every Coventry player to do well but I have to admit that Max doing well means a bit more to me.

Grendel

We are a league 1 club...imperfect like all the rest of the club's in this league. We can't have it all.

All we can do is be better than the rest.

Lol the strikers you memtion are all playing championship and ptemkership level. Lol this isn't FIFA.

Er we signed them on loan in two cases and oddly have a premiership and championship player now in midfield, oh and Clarke was a free transfer from a league one club

Londonccfcfan

Throwing my view in to the discussion late on.
Max is a very likeable character and that goes a long way with goodwill. I find myself rooting for him and I can't explain where that comes from logically.
I remember him coming over to the fans at Carlisle and getting abused nastily after a win.
Sometimes he looks like a pub player, other times he can take your breath away with something he does.
I want every Coventry player to do well but I have to admit that Max doing well means a bit more to me.

I was at Carlisle. I think Your getting mistaken with Nazon! Was disgraceful how lazy he was.

It wasn't max

Irish Sky Blue

You're still addressing a different issue. What is being discussed is the merits or otherwise of Biamou.

Users who are viewing this thread