Super Max (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Mate no disrespect but Bakayoko, on here... On Facebook and twitter gets more stick than any player currently at the club...

A bloke by us at St Andrews gives him absolute pelters constantly during a match

He has a better league record than a man who supporters absolutely adore... And in all honesty it's weird

maybe your right, i just don’t see it (literally). I wouldn’t look at Facebook as it’s not a representation of an average ccfc fan, and as for here, suspect I have the doom merchants on block. I saw nothing but complete support for both players yesterday and max made the simple effort of hanging around at the end for pics and selfies. Nothing at all to stop Baka or anyone else doing them same. It brings the whole supporter / player relationship a lot closer than abuse on Facebook. Max is 29, he knows his time with us is as likely to be as good as it gets in his career so it looks like he is doing all he can to enjoy it, I don’t have a problem with that, in fact is one thing that makes me like him more !

Evo1883

You must sit in a very sheltered or positive part of St Andrews then. It drives me up the wall the way some people constantly moan, Baka being a frequent target.

I saw your reply before and mcnulty scored 23 goals in 42 league games so when I address him In future I will use this statistic

PVA

It's very good, but his league return is not where it should be and that's undeniable.
Most players here are not afforded slow starts... Some wanted mcnultys head on a stake

But with a player like Max (and Baka) it's not purely about goals.

Just as important is the work they do that enables others (McNulty/Godden) to score goals.

How many 'big man' strikers have had brilliant careers without scoring a goal a game?

People get too hung up on goals for a player like Biamou.

Evo1883

maybe your right, i just don’t see it (literally). I wouldn’t look at Facebook as it’s not a representation of an average ccfc fan, and as for here, suspect I have the doom merchants on block. I saw nothing but complete support for both players yesterday and max made the simple effort of hanging around at the end for pics and selfies. Nothing at all to stop Baka or anyone else doing them same. It brings the whole supporter / player relationship a lot closer than abuse on Facebook

I hope that max scores 20 from now until may, and baka too..
Wont happen but I don't care they have helped the club reach its current position and I'm grateful.

I just think perspective is needed on players and the fact that a player signs your shirt or has a selfie has no direct impact on your overall ability... However good it is for young supporters etc to see a player engaging its the reality

ccfcway

You must sit in a very sheltered or positive part of St Andrews then. It drives me up the wall the way some people constantly moan, Baka being a frequent target.

“Home” fans up and down the country and by and large a lot more negative than away fans. It’s not just us. I was at a Man City game before Xmas and guy next to me was saying Sterling was useless !!

Evo1883

Just as important is the work they do that enables others (McNulty/Godden) to score goals.

How many 'big man' strikers have had brilliant careers without scoring a goal a game?

Next game godden, biamou and or baka play, I urge you to count the headers won by both players...
Matty godden gets zero recognition for this btw.

Watch and observe, you will see that he wins no more than either godden or baka

Grendel

he’s had 6 assists in his career and as Oggy said his biggest weakness still is work off the ball

Irish Sky Blue

Mate no disrespect but Bakayoko, on here... On Facebook and twitter gets more stick than any player currently at the club...

A bloke by us at St Andrews gives him absolute pelters constantly during a match

He has a better league record than a man who supporters absolutely adore... And in all honesty it's weird
His overall record is not better though, I don't think it is fair to pick and choose your stats in that way. Also it took Biamou a long time to get off the mark when he first arrived. I don't agree with barracking any player and Bakayoko certainly doesn't deserve to be treated like that. However, if you had to choose one as the most effective player, I would choose Biamou. I think he is more likely to score and he is more likely to have an impact on a game due to his all round play.

Evo1883

His overall record is not better though, I don't think it is fair to pick and choose your stats in that way. Also it took Biamou a long time to get off the mark when he first arrived. I don't agree with barracking any player and Bakayoko certainly doesn't deserve to be treated like that. However, if you had to choose one as the most effective player, I would choose Biamou. I think he is more likely to score and he is more likely to have an impact on a game due to his all round play.

I 100% disagree, sorry

steve cooper

Lately Biamou has shown his ability to come into games late on and affect the outcome, either with a goal or to change the game in our favour, in the same way as O'Hare can.

wingy

Here goes!!
I have said this privately several times.
I see huge similarities to Grant Holt and Ricky Lambert.
Both on style and potential abilities , possible trajectory.
I would urge the lad himself,coaching staff, psychologists to intently study the hours of footage in their back catalogue.
I see no reason at all why he can't emulate.
F**k all to do with selfies.

Evo1883

Lately Biamou has shown his ability to come into games late on and affect the outcome, either with a goal or to change the game in our favour, in the same way as O'Hare can.

No o hare changes games... We would have won yesterday irrespective of Wether biamou or baka were on the pitch upfront with godden

Evo1883

Why? The other goals count.
Should the goals of Regis, Houchen and Bennett not count from the cup run in 1987?

They do yes but in regards to a team hunting promotion or a title I'm 100% positive fans would prefer the league goals and are more indicitive of how a player performs at his clubs natural level

Evo1883

Here goes!!
I have said this privately several times.
I see huge similarities to Grant Holt and Ricky Lambert.
Both on style and potential abilities , possible trajectory.
I would urge the lad himself,coaching staff, psychologists to intently study the hours of footage in their back catalogue.
I see no reason at all why he can't emulate.
F**k all to do with selfies.

You think he can go to the very top?

Holt and lambert both had multiple 20 goal plus seasons in the league? There is zero comparison

ccfcway

I just think perspective is needed on players and the fact that a player signs your shirt or has a selfie has no direct impact on your overall ability... However good it is for young supporters etc to see a player engaging its the reality

Each to their own. We have a player in max who is making the most of his limited ability and is having a positive impact both on the pitch and off it. It was only 2017 when we had K Thomas, Vernam and Fovili coming off the bench up front. You just knew him and o’hare would change the game when they came on yesterday.

surely this should be more about you wanting people to support Baka more than Biamou less ?

Evo1883

Each to their own. We have a player in max who is making the most of his limited ability and is having a positive impact both on the pitch and off it. It was only 2017 when we had K Thomas, Vernam and Fovili coming off the bench up front. You just knew him and o’hare would change the game when they came on yesterday.

surely this should be more about you wanting people to support Baka more than Biamou less ?

So you agree that his ability is limited and as such think no different to me..
I'm not slating him I'm just trying to be realistic

Grendel

Why? The other goals count.
Should the goals of Regis, Houchen and Bennett not count from the cup run in 1987?

Houchen is a case in point - his league goal ratio was dire. Regis once scored 5 goals against Chester - they don’t count as a measure of league effectiveness no

PVA

he’s had 6 assists in his career and as Oggy said his biggest weakness still is work off the ball

Again, as with goals, it's not purely about assists either. They are just numbers and don't tell the whole story.

If Biamou or any other striker wins a header or lays the ball off for someone to cross for a goal then that's a key contribution but with nothing in his goals or assists column.

Think of someone like Emile Heskey. If you looked at his stats you'd say he was rubbish yet he had a very successful career as a striker.

Irish Sky Blue

No o hare changes games... We would have won yesterday irrespective of Wether biamou or baka were on the pitch upfront with godden
I agree O'Hare had a far bigger impact on yesterday's game than Max. But it's not a competition in that way. Until the second goal there was still that uneasy feeling that one slip from us and all the good work could be undone. Biamou sealed the win.
There are games, Peterborough away, Ipswich away for example, where Biamou has had a major impact on performance and result.

Grendel

You think he can go to the very top?

Holt and lambert both had multiple 20 goal plus seasons in the league? There is zero comparison

Lambert was signed in league 1 for over. A Million so clearly not

Grendel

Again, as with goals, it's not purely about assists either. They are just numbers and don't tell the whole story.

If Biamou or any other striker wins a header or lays the ball off for someone to cross for a goal then that's a key contribution but with nothing in his goals or assists column.

Think of someone like Emile Heskey. If you looked at his stats you'd say he was rubbish yet he had a very successful career as a striker.

Biamou doesn’t do that either - it’s your perception over reality - his movement and instincts off the ball are poor and always will be

stupot07

Biamou averages a goal ever 122 mins (excludes JPT or whatever its called)
Godden 156 or 215 mins from open play
Baka 225 mins

Its clear that Biamou is having a good season .

His cup games were against Ipswich, Bristol Rovers and Birmingham, 2 league one clubs and a championship club.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

In this thread we've had biamou is the greatest free signing ever

And biamou is on the same trajectory as Ricky lambert (an England International)
And grant holt...

Are we done yet or is the madness going to continue

wingy

He's talismanic,it's from the heart .The suggestion that he ,like Baker are elevated through ingratiating their status via contact with the terraces is laughable .
Both have skills that belie their backgrounds
Clearly.both derive inspiration /belief from that emotional connection .
Who'd question the value of that,I don't know.
Why?
Again IDK.

Evo1883

Biamou averages a goal ever 122 mins (excludes JPT or whatever its called)
Godden 156 or 215 mins from open play
Baka 225 mins

Its clear that Biamou is having a good season .

He is, and is best used as an impact player or in a 2, I'm not even denying this and haven't.

PVA

Biamou doesn’t do that either - it’s your perception over reality - his movement and instincts off the ball are poor and always will be

So he doesn't score, doesn't assist, doesn't have any movement off the ball, apparently doesn't have any redeeming qualities whatsoever.. Yet he's regularly contributing to a team at the top end of the table that's lost 3 times all season.

giphy.gif

PVA

In this thread we've had biamou is the greatest free signing ever

And biamou is on the same trajectory as Ricky lambert (an England International)
And grant holt...

Are we done yet or is the madness going to continue

And we've also had people saying he's crap despite having the best mins per goal ratio this season. Madness indeed.

Irish Sky Blue

They do yes but in regards to a team hunting promotion or a title I'm 100% positive fans would prefer the league goals and are more indicitive of how a player performs at his clubs natural level
I just can't agree with that. I can understand this point of few (to an extent) in Checkatrade games against U23 teams, but not in FA Cup matches. Those games really count. To say that we won't count his goal against Blues, even though they are higher league, is very harsh, particularly when this is a discussion about a players ability.

Grendel

The reason he’s more popular is the same as Houchen. He’s a Roy of the Rovers story - he arrived at a higher level at a old age, he engaged with fans scored some memorable goals and big goals and that’s it really

Evo1883

And we've also had people saying he's crap despite having the best mins per goal ratio this season. Madness indeed.

I haven't said he's crap, I'm having a logical discussion based off his time here overall.

I'm also stating Fact that Bakayoko has been even more effective during his time played in the league matches... Where its important.

I hate neither player, I like both players.. I can't listen to nonsense though

Grendel

Again no as Jordan Ponticelli was streets ahead of mcnulty in our promotion season on that measure

stupot07

I just can't agree with that. I can understand this point of few (to an extent) in Checkatrade games against U23 teams, but not in FA Cup matches. Those games really count. To say that we won't count his goal against Blues, even though they are higher league, is very harsh, particularly when this is a discussion about a players ability.
They'd count if Godden had scored them.

Evo1883

So why during his tenure here has he failed to be as impactful in the league over the course of his 59 appearances... Even before his injuries, even after his injuries

Users who are viewing this thread