Super Max (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

They'd count if Godden had scored them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Which again is bizzare as he's the clubs top scorer in the league and you continue to put him down... Very strange

Maybe you should argue with Robins who continuously picks him over biamou

Irish Sky Blue

Houchen is a case in point - his league goal ratio was dire. Regis once scored 5 goals against Chester - they don’t count as a measure of league effectiveness no
By your measure then, statisticians should go back and classify a player's career goals as first or second class depending on who they were against. George Best has his 6 against Northampton immediately downgraded.
Houchen scored goals against Wednesday, Man Utd and Spurs in that run. Why were they not as worthy as his league goals also against top flight opposition?
A goal is a goal. They all count.

usskyblue

giphy.gif

It really doesn’t matter if Max or Robins are any good. This is just ANOTHERTHREAD and ANOTHERSUBJECT where Grendel has cast an opinion that he will TAKETOTHEGRAVE. No matter what you say or what stats you dig up.
Robins, Max ...et al.

I don’t even believe he fucking believes what he’s typing. For all I know he just likes shooting fish in a fuckingbarrel

giphy.gif

Evo1883

By your measure then, statisticians should go back and classify a player's career goals as first or second class depending on who they were against. George Best has his 6 against Northampton immediately downgraded.
Houchen scored goals against Wednesday, Man Utd and Spurs in that run. Why were they not as worthy as his league goals also against top flight opposition?

Let's not downgrade any goal. Let's just state his total

Coventry

20 goals in 78 games

Evo1883

So what abut the Bolton game? Did you forget about that one?

As a striker its his job to win us matches from time to time, I was delighted when he scored and won us the match

O hare literally can change the dynamic of a match with his skill or ability.

Again though I am grateful for max biamous contribution but can't fall into the notion of him being the best thing since sliced bread

Londonccfcfan

Biamou

2694 minutes played total in league over 59 appearances

9 goals
6 assists

Goal every 299 minutes in league

LOVED best free signing ever

Bakayoko

2638 minutes played in league over 51 appearances

11 goals
3 assists

Goal every 239 minutes in league

HATED

Coventry fans ladies and gentlemen

What's Biamou fa cup record for us?
Pretty good in both our fa cup runs.

Just a quirk imo....his fa cup goals vs Ipswich/mk dons/Bristol Rovers and Birmingham could easily have been in the league.

Irish Sky Blue

So why during his tenure here has he failed to be as impactful in the league over the course of his 59 appearances... Even before his injuries, even after his injuries
I'm pretty sure that if you looked at his league minutes/ goals ratio this season that they would be pretty good. The fact is that he has had percentage wise more Cup starts than league starts.

Grendel

No but they represent a players worth - who do you think would attract a higher transfer fee - Godden or Biamou and why?

stupot07

Which again is bizzare as he's the clubs top scorer in the league and you continue to put him down... Very strange

Maybe you should argue with Robins who continuously picks him over biamou
No, I wasnt putting him down I was saying that if we had a better striker we would be walking away with the league. He still doesnt look like scoring most of the time. Shame as he looked sharp in his first 4-5 games

Evo1883

Just a quirk imo....his fa cup goals vs Ipswich/mk dons/Bristol Rovers and Birmingham could easily have been in the league.

His cup ratio will be better than most players in the history of the football club probably... Probably better than players like Wayne Rooney for example

Grendel

How could a goal in extra time be in the league?

Evo1883

No, I wasnt putting him down I was saying that if we had a better striker we would be walking away with the league. He still doesnt look like scoring most of the time. Shame as he looked sharp in his first 4-5 games

When we discussed this I argued that style of play and chance creation for the forward man directly impact a strikers return.. I used Ivan toney at Wigan and at peterborough as a case for this... You disagreed.

You think godden should pluck goals from his arse, which won't happen.

Grendel

giphy.gif

It really doesn’t matter if Max or Robins are any good. This is just ANOTHERTHREAD and ANOTHERSUBJECT where Grendel has cast an opinion that he will TAKETOTHEGRAVE. No matter what you say or what stats you dig up.
Robins, Max ...et al.

I don’t even believe he fucking believes what he’s typing. For all I know he just likes shooting fish in a fuckingbarrel

giphy.gif

Of course I believe it and several people have agreed

If we had a thread on super Walsh or super O hare than there would be less support

The hyperbole is absurd. Best free signing, better than players who are clearly more saleable assets, comparisons to premier league footballers - and it’s me that’s wumming - come on

Evo1883

If we had a thread on super Walsh or super O hare than there would be less support

The hyperbole is absurd. Best free signing, better than players who are clearly more saleable assets, comparisons to premier league footballers - and it’s me that’s wumming - come on

Me and you actually agree on this 100%.

It was also the same with Jacob Murphy, I believe we agreed on that too at the time

Grendel

Me and you actually agree on this 100%.

I’ve said he has the gold dust factor and can spark the crowd - it’s the nonsense he’s some kind of great footballer that’s got to be challenged. He’s a good news story and a one in five scorer and that’s it

Evo1883

It's a goal simply put for you.. Against a championship team from a player not considered league 2 standard by some.

To put this into context, Tom pope scored against man City.

He's a league 2 striker and league 1 at best during his peak

Irish Sky Blue

As a striker its his job to win us matches from time to time, I was delighted when he scored and won us the match

Again though I am grateful for max biamous contribution but can't fall into the notion of him being the best thing since sliced bread
No one is saying he is the best thing since sliced bread. The argument is that he is popular for a reason (nothing to do with selfies and Twitter etc as far as most people are concerned). First of all he tries hard and seems to want to work for the team and the fans (yes, all players should do this I know). Secondly he can produce the unexpected. He has scored some wonderful goals. Thirdly, he played well and scored twice when we really needed it in that amazing game at Notts County. Fourthly, he does have a positive impact in games, even when he doesn't score.
I just think it is great that we have players like Max and now Baka who can make a difference. I don't see the need to downgrade or say, 'yes but he's not as good as so and so'.

stupot07

When we discussed this I argued that style of play and chance creation for the forward man directly impact a strikers return.. I used Ivan toney at Wigan and at peterborough as a case for this... You disagreed.

You think godden should pluck goals from his arse, which won't happen.

Leon Clarke scored goals as a loan striker, as did McGoldrick, as did Armstrong before mowbray brought in Fortune and shunted him out wide.

Grendel

To put this into context, Tom pope scored against man City.

He's a league 2 striker and league 1 at best during his peak

Must be a million pound player. Same as the guys who scored for Sutton in the cup against us

Evo1883

No one is saying he is the best thing since sliced bread. The argument is that he is popular for a reason (nothing to do with selfies and Twitter etc as far as most people are concerned). First of all he tries hard and seems to want to work for the team and the fans (yes, all players should do this I know). Secondly he can produce the unexpected. He has scored some wonderful goals. Thirdly, he played well and scored twice when we really needed it in that amazing game at Notts County. Fourthly, he does have a positive impact in games, even when he doesn't score.
I just think it is great that we have players like Max and now Baka who can make a difference. I don't see the need to downgrade or say, 'yes but he's not as good as so and so'.

You have to call out nonsense though, and some of the comments about him on this thread have been insane

steve cooper

I agree with that, in my post I was trying to identify some possible reasons why Biamou is more popular than other players with some people. I can't quote individual games without looking back now but I have seen several games this season where Biamou coming on has changed the game in our favour in my opinion. At the end of the day, something like this is very much opinion based

Evo1883

Leon Clarke scored goals as a loan striker, as did McGoldrick, as did Armstrong before mowbray brought in Fortune and shunted him out wide.

We never played 3421 ever using those players, a more demanding role for the forward than 4411 or 4231 or 433

Clarke never covered side to side for 90 either remained centrally

Londonccfcfan

I’ve said he has the gold dust factor and can spark the crowd - it’s the nonsense he’s some kind of great footballer that’s got to be challenged. He’s a good news story and a one in five scorer and that’s it

Was a 1 in 10 goalscorer 10 games ago.

That 1 in 5 is only improving.

Soon it will be 1 in 4..

Funny how the stats are always appearances and not based on starts.

Irish Sky Blue

Let's not downgrade any goal. Let's just state his total

Coventry

20 goals in 78 games
But again that is not a genuine stat as an appearance can be 95 minutes or 2. Its why goals per minute is a much better measure of what a player can do.
You are a poster that I usually agree with as I think on the whole you try to be fair.
I don't think you're doing that in this thread.

Grendel

Was a 1 in 10 goalscorer 10 games ago.

That 1 in 5 is only improving.

Soon it will be 1 in 4..

Funny how the stats are always appearances and not based on starts.

The fact he’s not starting tells you something

Godden or Biamou if sold tomorrow - who would attract have biggest fee? Include Bakayoko as well if you like

Grendel

But again that is not a genuine stat as an appearance can be 95 minutes or 2. Its why goals per minute is a much better measure of what a player can do.
You are a poster that I usually agree with as I think on the whole you try to be fair.
I don't think you're doing that in this thread.

So Ponticelli was our best striker in league 2 - wow

Evo1883

Heard it all now

Explain?

Tell me how many times this season we have put a ball to a strikers foot in the box this season? Even better in the last 10 games in the league..
The stat pages suggest not Alot based on the quality of our chances created

Now go back and watch Leon Clarkes Coventry goals.

Then come back and tow me how much you've heard it all

usskyblue

As I’ve said before, you’re right about some stuff. But fuckmylife, whether it’s your intention or not, sometimes it comes across as you;

Really believe what you’re saying
WUMing
Plain wrong but won’t admit it

Or...myfavorite;

Secretly hoping we make the playoffs and Biamou misses the decisive penalty so you can be officially crowned the forum heavyweight champion.

Londonccfcfan

Arguably our best striker cant even get on the bench.

At least they changed their tune to maybe he is considered a league 1 striker.

Fucking disgusting laughable fans who can't see how he has improved since his debut and bad start to his career with us.

Users who are viewing this thread