Match Thread Sunderland vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 23rd Nov (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

D

Deleted member 2477

Phil Parkinson looking to move on after shock first-round FA Cup exit

On Tuesday, Sunderland were eliminated in the first round of the FA Cup for the first time since 1923 as they fell 1-0 to Gillingham thanks to a 105th-minute goal from Brandon Hanlan.

Though the defeat will hit Black Cats supporters hard, Sunderland were without a whopping 10 first-team players due to injury and international call-ups.

Following Sunderland’s group-stage exit from the EFL Trophy last week, Sunderland are now out of every cup competition with six months left in the season.

Now manager Phil Parkinson has his sights set on Saturday’s clash with Coventry, which could see the Black Cats re-enter the top-six.

“It’s a huge four days for us from Saturday to Tuesday and it’s an opportunity for us to get ourselves in the top six,” said Parkinson, who was without ten first-team players due to international call-ups and injuries at Gillingham.

“There are a lot of lads who were not on this trip who will be training and getting ready for that game.

“We were really depleted tonight, missing ten players, and when we get back to the training ground the international players will be back, [Joel] Lynch will be back training, Jordan Willis will be back training, George Dobson will be back training, and Marc McNulty has a chance of being involved, so all of a sudden the squad looks better going into this important period for us.”

Sunderland have only won once from their last seven matches in all competitions.

Nick

Administrator
I love how their fans have short memories like ours.

They are moaning about a team full of freebies, they spent £4m on Will Grigg.

giphy.gif

CovInEssex

Fuck me they're negative, they wanna try 5 seasons in this league when half the fan base thinks they have a divine right to be in the Premier league (like ours)

It's all set up to take the piss out of them on Saturday but knowing us it will be Rotherham part 2.

fellatio_Martinez

Rangers V Celtic, Barcelona V Real Madrid have nothing on this...

That unmistakable whiff of lard, northern negativity and inbreeding mixed with hoyed bags of shit. It can only be Sunderland away! Exclusively live on iFollow this weekend with a global audience of 100 people, this one is not to be missed!

giphy.gif

Gint11

We get an early goal, fans turn and they get nervous, we’ll pump these twats with 4 or 5 I can see it

cc84cov

Robins will be well Should be telling the lads SHOOT ON SIGHT Saturday & Baka follow everything in.

coop

Our season will not be over even if Scumderland can get a win and they are not the only team with injuries and suspensions.I would take a draw as draw away win at home but I feel we must score early to fuck the home fans off.

Johhny Blue

Robins will be well Should be telling the lads SHOOT ON SIGHT Saturday & Baka follow everything in.
Be careful what you wish for.
Burge is an “excellent shot stopper” it’s a good job our excellent shooter is suspended and some of the crap shots will find their way in.

Users who are viewing this thread