Match Thread Sunderland vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 23rd Nov (2 Viewers)

Tommo1993

Ok I really despise Sunderland fans now. Self entitled pricks booing and complaining at everything. Shame we couldn’t make that last chance count, would’ve been perfect.

cc84cov

1-0 is shaky we can be slow starters at the re start they will come out at us 2-0 we needed Hiwula for Baka he will thrive playing counter attack quick football

BornSlippySkyBlue

To be fair to Baka I don’t think he’s having a bad game, been a bit unlucky with his chances and could maybe have done a bit better. Not sure I can stand 45 minutes of this.

Great_Expectations

Not sure how that isn’t a pen? Burge was nowhere near the ball and absolutely nailed Baka. Not sure you can blame Baka for missing that.

However, we’ve had chances to double the lead and we are breaking them down with ease. The worry is that they’ve had one or two good chances out of nowhere. We have to avoid gifting them a goal.

Really positive first half, we look very dangerous. Baka isn’t playing badly and is even quite aggressive, but if he was more clinical we’d be even more of a threat.

As long as we keep playing how we are, we’ll win. They look poor defensively and in midfield, so let’s make sure we take advantage.

It would be good to see Hiwula and O’Hare at around 60 minutes, especially against tired legs.

Marty

They're here for the taking, look dreadful, I think we're playing a dangerous game by sitting back, they've had a couple of chances they really should have put away.

We have a lot of pace on the bench, so we have the option of stretching the play even more if we need too.

C'MON CITY!!!!!

Magwitch

Watching on telly missed first 20 minutes but we have played well. What can I say about Bakayoko, should have a rather easy hat-trick although we scored from the resulting corner from his first miss. Think we need a second goal though to win this match

cc84cov

Not sure how that isn’t a pen? Burge was nowhere near the ball and absolutely nailed Baka. Not sure you can blame Baka for missing that.

However, we’ve had chances to double the lead and we are breaking them down with ease. The worry is that they’ve had one or two good chances out of nowhere. We have to avoid gifting them a goal.

Really positive first half, we look very dangerous. Baka isn’t playing badly and is even quite aggressive, but if he was more clinical we’d be even more of a threat.

As long as we keep playing how we are, we’ll win. They look poor defensively and in midfield, so let’s make sure we take advantage.

It would be good to see Hiwula and O’Hare at around 60 minutes, especially against tired legs.
O’Hare & Hiwula is a good shout mate

no_loyalty

Excellent first half, Westbrooke is quality. Hope we don't regret that Baka miss.

Sick Boy

They're here for the taking, look dreadful, I think we're playing a dangerous game by sitting back, they've had a couple of chances they really should have put away.

We have a lot of pace on the bench, so we have the option of stretching the play even more if we need too.

C'MON CITY!!!!!

I wouldn’t say we are sitting back, they’re not a bad side and do look quite dangerous themselves

Paxman II

Baka should have a couple. He has done well but he just lacks pace and physicality, while his shots have been slow and lumbering, much to do with confidence. Would Hiwula prove the difference?
Team doing well but must keep on the front foot and not start dropping deep. We need someone to help run the midfield going forward so crying out for O'Hare to replace Shipley at the moment. If we frustrate by keeping the ball and knocking it around we have every chance of the win. The game is ours to win and we must dictate what happens

Tommo1993

Parkinson has a 2.5 year contract too. Lol.
giphy.gif

Adge

Baka did look a bit clueless as to what to do with the bad back pass, but to be fair the angle was tight and Burge was on him quick - it wasn’t a easy chance. But hey it’s Baka so let’s hate him.

Great corner routine and goal. Second goal quickly would be game over I think.
He’s got to go inside with that-terrible miss after good anticipation regarding reading the back pass.
But love it 0-1!

Users who are viewing this thread