Sunderland fans crying "again" (2 Viewers)

DannyThomas_1981

It’s all a bit embarrassing saying their fans are all shite - most are just fans

If any opposition fans experience of Coventry fans was the female (I use this term loosely) behind me it would hardly have left a positive impression

She made Tubbs from Royston Vasey look like a glamour model. This one toothed wonder with real hygiene issues was I suspect on a mission to create a world record for the amount of c words in a sentence. She particularly laid into Dabo on more than one occasion for not castrating the winger he was up against

I agree with all of this - for once! I’m from Cov and always proud to say that - but equally it doesn’t really give me bragging rights to look down on any other place. And this constant derision of Sunderland is very tiring and serves no purpose.

And equally I’m reluctant to take my young nephews to games given some anti-social behaviour and a complete lack of respect for others by some of our fans - they are very much in a minority but there’s still an element there.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

Can they actually string a sentence together?

Bit of a stretch for the presenter to say they were ‘the better team’ and ‘dominated possession’. He said himself they didn’t create much.

The game was pretty even, as you’d expect from two evenly matched sides at the top of the table.

We created the better chances, end of story for them.

SkyBlueAussie

'Electric' - Mark Robins gives her verdict as Coventry City beat ...
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/.../mark-robins-coventry-city-sunderland- 17841008

8 hours ago - Coventry City news - Mark Robins has given his view on the Sky Blues' ... Robins gives her verdict as Coventry City beat Sunderland to go top of League One ... Coventry City manager Mark Robins (Image: EMPICS Sport).

This on google....obviously another sulking mackem fan doing the editing....

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Bit of a stretch for the presenter to say they were ‘the better team’ and ‘dominated possession’. He said himself they didn’t create much.

The game was pretty even, as you’d expect from two evenly matched sides at the top of the table.

Kevin Phillips on SkySports made a laughable comment after the game, to paraphrase; I think a draw would have been a fair result, Coventry scored early on and then it was fairly even after that.
So, we deserved to win then? Or does being fairly even after a team has scored cancel out their goal!?

Mucca Mad Boys

Kevin Phillips on SkySports made a laughable comment after the game, to paraphrase; I think a draw would have been a fair result, Coventry scored early on and then it was fairly even after that.
So, we deserved to win then? Or does being fairly even after a team has scored cancel out their goal!?

That is a laughable comment because they didn’t create a clear cut chance all game.

After Gooden’s goal, the next best chance was his breakthrough in the 2nd half.

It was two evenly matched teams in quite an even game. But, we were defending a lead for over 90 minutes - we didn’t need to push the boat out.

fellatio_Martinez

After Godden scored we definitely sat back on the lead and played them at the their own game.

Sunderland fans were hoping we'd roll over and let them tickle our arses and because we didn't we're now "nothing special" and "Not impressive".

I wouldn't take them seriously for a second.

SkyBlueDom26

Im surprised you could even understand what he was saying! I couldn't

mark82

After Godden scored we definitely sat back on the lead and played them at the their own game.

Sunderland fans were hoping we'd roll over and let them tickle our arses and because we didn't we're now "nothing special" and "Not impressive".

I wouldn't take them seriously for a second.

It wasn't our most scintillating performance but always felt we had a couple more gears to go through had we needed it. Aside from if they'd scored a last minute equaliser, I feel like if they'd pegged us back we could just up it a notch and go at them again.

Last edited:

Astute

It wasn't our most scintillating performance but always felt we had a couple more years to go through had we needed it. Aside from if they'd scored a last minute equaliser, I feel like if they'd pegged us back we could just up it a notch and go at them again.
I thought it was Sunderland that needed to go through a couple of years before scoring.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The only chance I remember them having was that guy who ghosted begind our back 4 and volleyed over from 6 yards out.

It was cagey and cautious, but we defended well - well earned rest before the Ipswich game. Let’s hope they don’t sack Lambert this week

lifeskyblue

The only chance I remember them having was that guy who ghosted begind our back 4 and volleyed over from 6 yards out.

It was cagey and cautious, but we defended well - well earned rest before the Ipswich game. Let’s hope they don’t sack Lambert this week

That and one tame header. Marosi not worked hard; his biggest test was with the pushing/pulling at corners and he dealt with that ok.
Thought we were the more likely to score throughout and cut through their defence when we kept ball on ground and played slick football. Their holding it is ok if you have a plan once you have lumped it forward; Sunderland’s problem was they were aimless in punts forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Massive credit to us that we've taken 4 points from Sunderland and Rotherham who like to play the dark arts and are about being big, strong and fast. We can beat teams no matter the style they play and the formula to beat us isn't clear at all.

shmmeee

Sky were a joke.

*Sunderland player two hand shoves us in the box*

“Good strong defending there never a penalty.”

*our player brushes one of theirs*

“Definite penalty there”

was like listening to that fan commentary they used to do.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Sky were a joke.

*Sunderland player two hand shoves us in the box*

“Good strong defending there never a penalty.”

*our player brushes one of theirs*

“Definite penalty there”

was like listening to that fan commentary they used to do.

The build up to the game was only on for 30 minutes but all of the focus before the game was on Sunderland and them seeking redemption. We had about a 5 minute spotlight but I thought that suited us fine, let Sky/BBC grandstand Sunderland and go on about how 'football is a religion' in the North East (where isn't it).

SkySports usually has a pundit in the studio that has represented either side playing. Kevin Phillips - fairenough but Sam Parkin? I had to double check but Parkin hasn't played for either side, surely they could have got someone with a Cov connection on?

I enjoyed the coverage, it was a refreshing change to iFollow but I would agree it was definitely skewed in the Sunderland perspective. The best contribution I thought was surprisingly on punditry from Lee Hendrie, he seemed to give a balanced reflection of the game and had done his homework on both sets of players.

mark82

The build up to the game was only on for 30 minutes but all of the focus before the game was on Sunderland and them seeking redemption. We had about a 5 minute spotlight but I thought that suited us fine, let Sky/BBC grandstand Sunderland and go on about how 'football is a religion' in the North East (where isn't it).

SkySports usually has a pundit in the studio that has represented either side playing. Kevin Phillips - fairenough but Sam Parkin? I had to double check but Parkin hasn't played for either side, surely they could have got someone with a Cov connection on?

I enjoyed the coverage, it was a refreshing change to iFollow but I would agree it was definitely skewed in the Sunderland perspective. The best contribution I thought was surprisingly on punditry from Lee Hendrie, he seemed to give a balanced reflection of the game and had done his homework on both sets of players.

To be fair, Parkin has been all over City as the best team in the division this year during his appearances on the Quest highlights.

D

Deleted member 2477

They really are a bunch of bitter cry baby poor losers. Some of these comments on their forum just make me laugh at their bitterness.

Coventry are shit, we would have walked that if Hume could cross a ball and we had a striker who could score goals

layed like the home team. They got the early goal and whether that influenced their decision to sit back and soak it up I dont know but I thought we played alright considering it was against the team who based on current league position are the best in the league, they looked very limited imo.

Coventry were terrible and they beat us. That's my view on this

Had been hearing for a long time that Coventry are the best side in this division and play class football. They were fucking awful like

I think we outplayed them but couldn’t put it in the net. Can I just say our supporters are absolutely amazing, we deserve much better than this!

SkyBlueDom26

They really are a bunch of bitter cry baby poor losers. Some of these comments on their forum just make me laugh at their bitterness.

Coventry are shit, we would have walked that if Hume could cross a ball and we had a striker who could score goals

layed like the home team. They got the early goal and whether that influenced their decision to sit back and soak it up I dont know but I thought we played alright considering it was against the team who based on current league position are the best in the league, they looked very limited imo.

Had been hearing for a long time that Coventry are the best side in this division and play class football. They were fucking awful like

I think we outplayed them but couldn’t put it in the net. Can I just say our supporters are absolutely amazing, we deserve much better than this!

Haha terrible this terrible that, really sums up how deluded ones fan base can be

David O'Day

Their fans weren't very good at all. 3000 sounded like 30

Jcap

And even then only because Onien took McCallum out with a cynical block as the cross was delivered, only picked that up on the replays - bet sky didn’t make anything of that!

David O'Day

O'Nein is that mixture of bang average player and horrible person that rally grinds my gears

Last edited:

skybluesam66

sunderland are still on a £15m parachute payment - their last season
if they dont go up - even with investment, due to FFP, they will need a big shake up

Users who are viewing this thread