Stuart Linnell here, if anyone wants to talk (5 Viewers)

bigfatronssba

We (the BBC) are required to be balanced in what we do and say, and to reflect all sides whatever we may think. This applies, to a large degree, to what I say here and (for example) on twitter.

I don't think any of us have a problem with that, however, it comes across as though Sisu get an easier ride than ACL during interviews etc.

I'm not saying this personally, more the station as a whole.

coop

Could sisu play in league 1 next season if they dont get there hands on the golden share.would it be possible to have the part of the company with the share just to piss sisu off?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Linnell my arse! If you're Stuart Linnell, what name was suggested for the daily greyhound tip when you were at Mercia Sound?

SLOnAir

Stuart; i appreciate you coming on here, especially gien the amount of stick you recieve. I think it will change peoples opinion of yoy. What we really need though is CWR to take up the fight against SISU moving the club.. this simply cannot happen

As I said earlier, the BBC requires us to be balanced and to represent all views. The local newspaper has no such restrictions and can campaign as it thinks fit. What BBC Coventry & Warwickshire can do is report the activities of others, which we have and will continue to including reporting on the Telegraph's petition.

quinn1971

We (the BBC) are required to be balanced in what we do and say, and to reflect all sides whatever we may think. This applies, to a large degree, to what I say here and (for example) on twitter.

Really ? You dont come across as having a balanced view.you let fisher off the hook but your line of questioning to peter was very different. You tried to get him to admit to calling fisher a liar.not very balanced imo

bigfatronssba

Has, to your knowledge, anyone at BBC C&W ever tried to find out who Sisu's investors are?

SLOnAir

to SLONAIR; what do you see is most likely to be the outcome this pre-season?

I may have answered this already, but at this moment I can not see anything other than the club remaining in Sisu ownership with their relocation plan in place, but, as I HAVE said previously, it depends precisely what the administrator has to sell and if there genuinely is an alternative owner with the means to not only acquire the club but to fund it into the future.

Leamington Pete

1. What is your opinion on the club apparently buying land with no planning permission or even plans drawn up, and 2. do you think that MOST of the fans support SISU as I believe you have stated?

italiahorse

Can you next time someone comes on the show from SISU ask them .......

With the new Fair Play Rules restricting finance, where do they expect the club to be when they come back to "Coventry" particularly bearing in mind the club income will be at least 50% of what it is now?

Also what do you think ?

bigfatronssba

Do you have any idea as to where this new stadium will be?

Also will the Football League except that as a plan to return as planning permission has not yet been granted?

lifelongcityfan

why , in your opinion are SISU hanging on? realistically it will be 5-6 years before any profit is made, and by then they will have invested c100million?
I'm an accountant, but it makes no sense to me!

SLOnAir

Have you read the report published by the SBT which lists all the questions that need answering by the administrator and what is your opinion on it?

The next time you speak to Mr Fisher you need to ask him why CCFC Ltd, a company he claims to be non-trading and is not the football club had a turnover of £10m in the May 2011 accounts and £9m in the May 2012 accounts per the administrators report.

Thank you, I will bear that in mind. I have read the SBT report and my initial thought was that I would be surprised if the administrator responded, only because he will be focused on reporting to the court rather than anyone else.

Brighton Sky Blue

As I said earlier, the BBC requires us to be balanced and to represent all views. The local newspaper has no such restrictions and can campaign as it thinks fit. What BBC Coventry & Warwickshire can do is report the activities of others, which we have and will continue to including reporting on the Telegraph's petition.

The BBC violates this every time anything remotely royal is covered.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Have you signed the Telegraph's petition?

Disorganised1

Who owns the Jimmy Hill Statue ?

Chipfat

Why does TF state that ltd is worth nothing ,,, yet Sisu are bidding for the ownership? you state he is sincere? ,really...........Sorry SL respect coming on here,,but i like many think he is using you and cwr to spin bollocks... If you don't believe me ask the 12,000 that have signed the petition if they believe him.

And have you signed the petition?

SLOnAir

1. What is your opinion on the club apparently buying land with no planning permission or even plans drawn up, and 2. do you think that MOST of the fans support SISU as I believe you have stated?

1. I find it hard to believe that they would make such a purchase without having a good idea where such a plan would go.

2. I have no doubt that a significant proportion of those that regularly attend home matches want Sisu out, as do probably most of those on here, but that does not translate to MOST fans wanting them out. And by the way I have never said that MOST fans support Sisu, I said that MOST did not hold the "Sisu out" view. The reason I say that is that most of the club's wider fan base simply don't care. They don't care enough to go to matches, and they don't care who owns the club. That is not meant to sound critical, but it is the way it is. And I exclude those who genuinely can't afford to go to games, but face facts - we are not a city like Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds or Sheffield, where people turn up in numbers regardless. Understandably, after all we've been through, people have got out of the Sky Blue habit, and most - sadly - simply don't care - until we get to a cup semi-final, that is.

Users who are viewing this thread