Votes: 83 62.9%
  • Buy 2 or 3 strikers

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Buy 4 or more strikers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

higgs

James Collins on a free and release baka and have max as 4th choice with Godden and Walker not a bad front 4

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Irish Sky Blue

Perfect then we will keep a defence of Hyam, Rose and McFadzean for next season and we will be absolutely grand. They won't make the same countless mistakes as they have this season im sure.
In the first 11 games we conceded 23 goals. We were shipping over 2 goals a game. The whole team was getting used to life in the Championship, we were without, Kelly, Rose and Dabo for most of those games. Also, Osti had only just arrived before the start of the season.
Robins then changed tactics after an international break. Since then, despite continued injuries to Dabo, Rose and Kelly, we have conceded 21 goals in 22 games. Many of those goals, as you say, down to individual mistakes. However the team's overall defensive stats, since that break are not too bad.
You say the defense needs a complete overhaul. I disagree. We may need a new goalkeeper and one, possibly two centre halves. However, that doesnt mean that the current players in those positions are simply written off. I think Hyam and Rose in particular deserve another Championship shot. McFadz I would keep too, probably as cover. Osti I would keep if possible and if this happened would only be looking for one centre half.
I don't see the need for over reaction when you look at things in an objective way.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

In the first 11 games we conceded 23 goals. We were shipping over 2 goals a game. The whole team was getting used to life in the Championship, we were without, Kelly, Rose and Dabo for most of those games. Also, Osti had only just arrived before the start of the season.
Robins then changed tactics after an international break. Since then, despite continued injuries to Dabo, Rose and Kelly, we have conceded 21 goals in 22 games. Many of those goals, as you say, down to individual mistakes. However the team's overall defensive stats, since that break are not too bad.
You say the defense needs a complete overhaul. I disagree. We may need a new goalkeeper and one, possibly two centre halves. However, that doesnt mean that the current players in those positions are simply written off. I think Hyam and Rose in particular deserve another Championship shot. McFadz I would keep too, probably as cover. Osti I would keep if possible and if this happened would only be looking for one centre half.
I don't see the need for over reaction when you look at things in an objective way.
I don’t think we need a new goalkeeper just yet unless a class one becomes available as Wilson has done pretty well and Marosi is pretty good. I would like to see how Wilson does in a full season of the Championship

Terry Gibson's perm

I think we have got away with it with Wilson so far by being a lot more defensive in front of him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Depends on budget/availability etc.

i've said keep walker, Godden and Max and sign 1 but there are caveats to it.

Godden has his injury issues and IF someone we willing to pay a half decent fee for him I'd be tempted to take the money and look to see who else is available.

Similar with Max. Would be fine resigning him as 4th choice but that's assuming on pretty much the same wage he's on now. If he wants a bit of an increase I'd probably reconsider and he may well do if we stay up. Also assuming he'd be happy to play that 4th choice role and barely get any game time. Might prefer to go somewhere else with more regular game time.

Terry Gibson's perm

Talking goalkeepers: Anyone know what youngster Tom Billson is like I know he has had a few injuries lately but at 20 he needs to be pushing seriously for the first team.

I would imagine they would want to get him some time in league two to get a bit more experience

Sky Blue Harry H

For those advocating Juke; from the Birmingham forum tonight....

I thought we were poor tonight. What the hell juke is doing on a football pitch in a Birmingham city shirt still I don't know. He's had his day. Time for him to move on.

I suppose a point is a point though. Very tough game to come at Barnsley on Saturday.

Sad to say but he just has such little impact in attack, goal creation or goals. Give him a long rest and see where he is next season. Maybe he is still feeling his covid, either way he isnt the player he was a few seasons ago and he isnt going to get us the goals we need to stay up

SleepyGinger

I think Colin Kazim Richards been a handful both games against derby this year, holds the ball up really well. I know he’s wrong side of 30 but if they go down and we stay up he might be worth a look.

Morgan Rodgers on loan at Lincoln from Man City also looks good prospect. Wouldn’t mind him on loan next year

cov donkey kick

James Collins on a free and release baka and have max as 4th choice with Godden and Walker not a bad front 4

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Is Collins coming to the end of his contract? As a cov kid he would snap up an offer if the money was right, wouldn't he?

Evo1883

Tbh Collins not had a great season, and at his age isn't the sort of striker I would go for anyway... He's in decline now

Godden would have scored more than him this season by now

no_loyalty

Is Collins coming to the end of his contract? As a cov kid he would snap up an offer if the money was right, wouldn't he?

His current contract is due to expire at the end of June, however Luton have already started contract negotiations with him.

Users who are viewing this thread