Votes: 83 62.9%
  • Buy 2 or 3 strikers

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Buy 4 or more strikers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Magwitch1

29 is no age nowadays for a pro. footballer and Goddens’ injury record isn’t that bad his recent injury was apparently a rare one not helped by coming back too early. For me we need at least one good striker two if we sell Godden that’s not knowing what young recent recruit Tavares brings to the table, ideally left sided with power and pace but buying strikers is the most difficult of signings established ones in our division cost a few million and want top dollar 3/4 year contracts, finding one in the lower leagues again costly fee wise and a bit of a gamble. There is the loan market just look where Villa are now largely thanks to the successful loan of Tammi Abrahams in their promotion year.

TomRad85

Keep Walker and Godden.. get rid of the rest. Its difficult to say who I'd sign, we'll be looking at Premier League youngsters and players from lower down the pyramid who could step up. I had picked Adebayo as one who I thought could step up, which he is doing at Luton unfortunately.
Jayden Stockley is one we've been linked with in the past, hasn't had much of a chance other than off the bench at Preston but now 1 in 2 on loan at Charlton. Big and strong, think he could be handy.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Esoterica

It's hard to answer without knowing what budget we have. I'd replace Baka in whichever division we end up. Godden needs to show he's genuinely over this injury by the end of the season. Godden and Walker would be a first choice partnership I'd be delighted with in L1 but for a 2nd season in the Championship the waters are a bit more muddy.

In an ideal world I'd want an improved version of Max who is consistently at the level and let Godden and Walker fight to partner him. A first name on the team sheet striker is going to be expensive though. If i could alternatively get a quality AM, a left sided CB and a better 3rd choice striker for that same number 1 striker budget? Not sure what i'd go for.

Last edited:

rexo87

Need a physical presence in the mould of huggill who will score double figures every season.

Hugill might be a bit of a shout. Seems like an upgrade on Godden sort of player. If Norwich go up we might be able to get him on a cheap fee and tempt him to us seeing as we would give him regular football and he’s at an age where he really needs to be playing. Down to him I guess as he could go to a higher club on more money but wouldn’t be first choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ccfcisparks

The fact we cant purchase from overseas really hinders us. Signings from League 1 and below may not be any better than Godden and Walker and proven championship players will cost too much.

stevefloyd

We need one who is quick and mobile who can potentially disrupt opposition defences with the ability to obviously score and hold the ball up longer than a nanosecond to enable our midfield to get up and support an attack

Frostie

Hugill might be a bit of a shout. Seems like an upgrade on Godden sort of player. If Norwich go up we might be able to get him on a cheap fee and tempt him to us seeing as we would give him regular football and he’s at an age where he really needs to be playing. Down to him I guess as he could go to a higher club on more money but wouldn’t be first choice

They only bought him in the summer for around £5m, no way will he be cheap. Half of the Championship would be interested in him too.

chiefdave

Walker has only made 13 starts and scored 6 goals so maybe the priority should be someone who complements him. Getting someone like that in and keeping Godden as backup is probably the best we can hope for on our budget.

Would get rid of Baka, is his contract up? Can't imagine Max is on big bucks so no problem keeping him around as 4th / 5th choice. His attitude in the past suggests he would just work hard rather than be disruptive.

rexo87

They only bought him in the summer for around £5m, no way will he be cheap. Half of the Championship would be interested in him too.

Probably right. He won’t have a chance of being in their prem squad but will probably go to a higher level championship side. Just a thought that he might want to be guaranteed a starting place after pretty much a wasted year for him

Ccfcisparks

That's the defence which in the last 4 games against Norwich, Brentford, Swansea and Blackburn have conceded 4 goals?
Perfect then we will keep a defence of Hyam, Rose and McFadzean for next season and we will be absolutely grand. They won't make the same countless mistakes as they have this season im sure.

Sky Blue Harry H

He'll be 32 and got 14 in 2018/19 and 15 in 2019/20. Hes the perfect foil for the likes of Walker. I think you should reassess who we are actually capable of signing.

I haven't referred to who I want; I just don't think Juke is the answer for us now.
This season - 2 goals, 2 assists. 1 goal every 805 minutes. That's one goal every 9 games.
If he came along and scored 15 goals, then fine (just don't see it)

Grendel

That's the defence which in the last 4 games against Norwich, Brentford, Swansea and Blackburn have conceded 4 goals?

It’s the defence that’s conceded more than all teams but two this season

Users who are viewing this thread