Votes: 83 62.9%
  • Buy 2 or 3 strikers

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Buy 4 or more strikers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fatso

I know they arnt strikers, but I think we can off load Kastaneer, Hilssner and Jobello, which would make room and money for a couple of decent pacy forwards.
And let's not forget we should (?) have JJ back next season (where have we heard that before)

shmmeee

Less bothered about pace. Needs to be someone who can bring down high balls out and bring others into play and win some headers in the box.

Depends on budget. If we can afford it get rid of Max and get two strikers in, otherwise keep him and get one as there’s other priorities for me.

Frostie

I know they arnt strikers, but I think we can off load Kastaneer, Hilssner and Jobello, which would make room and money for a couple of decent pacy forwards.
And let's not forget we should (?) have JJ back next season (where have we heard that before)

We'd get next to nothing for those 3 & they won't be on massive salaries either. Hilßner won't be written off just yet I don't think as we paid a fee for him.

fatso

We'd get next to nothing for those 3 & they won't be on massive salaries either. Hilßner won't be written off just yet I don't think as we paid a fee for him.
It's not so much the money we would get for them as the places in the squad it would free up. As the 3 i mentioned arnt likely to ever get a game for us, we could take a punt on a couple of free signings instead, or young players released from premier league teams, like we did with O'hare, or how about a foreign striker like when we signed Cedric Roussel.

Frostie

It's not so much the money we would get for them as the places in the squad it would free up. As the 3 i mentioned arnt likely to ever get a game for us, we could take a punt on a couple of free signings instead, or young players released from premier league teams, like we did with O'hare, or how about a foreign striker like when we signed Cedric Roussel.

Fair enough. Thought when you said "Decent" you were hoping to sell them to fund proven quality, was just managing expectations! 😁

Somebody in a similar mould to Roussel would be a good fit with Walker I think.

Terry Gibson's perm

Fair enough. Thought when you said "Decent" you were hoping to sell them to fund proven quality, was just managing expectations! 😁

Somebody in a similar mould to Roussel would be a good fit with Walker I think.

Can you still sign players from the eu as easily I am not sure

Liquid Gold

All depends on where the budget is really. In an ideal world we’d have Walker and Godden plus two new strikers, one a big strong unit who can hold it up and get on the end of crosses and one speed merchant that can stretch the defence.

In reality we’re going to need a load of new players, ideally a champ level GK, a load of new CBs (at least one left footed and our best on e is only on loan), a LWB and an AMC.

I’d rather we bought in a few players of proven quality than loss of gambles so that would limit to one ST, LCB and LWB with loans peppered in elsewhere.

Frostie

All depends on where the budget is really. In an ideal world we’d have Walker and Godden plus two new strikers, one a big strong unit who can hold it up and get on the end of crosses and one speed merchant that can stretch the defence.

In reality we’re going to need a load of new players, ideally a champ level GK, a load of new CBs (at least one left footed and our best on e is only on loan), a LWB and an AMC.

I’d rather we bought in a few players of proven quality than loss of gambles so that would limit to one ST, LCB and LWB with loans peppered in elsewhere.

Yeah, exactly. Going to need a pretty big overhaul so may have to be done gradually.

Assuming we sign Sheaf we still need to replace the other 4 loanees + a striker & a goalkeeper as bare minimum.

cc84cov

29 is no age nowadays for a pro. footballer and Goddens’ injury record isn’t that bad his recent injury was apparently a rare one not helped by coming back too early. For me we need at least one good striker two if we sell Godden that’s not knowing what young recent recruit Tavares brings to the table, ideally left sided with power and pace but buying strikers is the most difficult of signings established ones in our division cost a few million and want top dollar 3/4 year contracts, finding one in the lower leagues again costly fee wise and a bit of a gamble. There is the loan market just look where Villa are now largely thanks to the successful loan of Tammi Abrahams in their promotion year.
Godden has suffered with a reoccurring injury most his career

fatso

No, not so readily. I wonder if the likes of South America will be the new markets EFL clubs try to tap into. Trickier transitions though so expect a fair few flops.
Now we are out of the EU and not under the European court, we should be able to make our own rules up, but it might take a little time.

Grendel

Now we are out of the EU and not under the European court, we should be able to make our own rules up, but it might take a little time.

The rules we have made make it in theory harder to sign Eu players

PUSB-We_are_going_up

It's hard to answer without knowing what budget we have. I'd replace Baka in whichever division we end up. Godden needs to show he's genuinely over this injury by the end of the season. Godden and Walker would be a first choice partnership I'd be delighted with in L1 but for a 2nd season in the Championship that waters are a bit more muddy.

In an ideal world I'd want an improved version of Max who is consistently at the level and let Godden and Walker fight to partner him. A first name on the team sheet striker is going to be expensive though. If i could alternatively get a quality AM, a left sided CB and a better 3rd choice striker for that same number 1 striker budget? Not sure what i'd go for.
Obafemi?

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Cant JJ play as a second striker like Maradonna could (Im obviously not comparing them just saying sort of position wise

PUSB-We_are_going_up

It’s the defence that’s conceded more than all teams but two this season
I have a solution to it
Left footed Center back : Van Aken from Sheff Weds.
Central Center back : Osti (if he stays)
Right Center back : Rose
Back ups : Hyam, Pask, Drysdale and Thompson

Seaside-Skyblue

I'm surprised when anyone says let Godden go. He's a natural goal scorer and has proven it at every club he's been at looking at his stats. Not quite a 1 in 2 but not far off that. I get the bit about if he can't get over his injury but I feel he's a player we need to keep 100%

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread