Striker (1 Viewer)

Skybluedownunder

Is that 2-4 Sunday morning? I'm going to be watching a lot of games steaming.

yeah, 2am Sunday mornings. Usually I just go out to a nightclub and then leave about 1:30am to go watch the match at home on ifollow and usually steaming haha

midweek games are a little easier, get up at 5:45am and watch the match and then go work afterwards... works a bit of a struggle but at least get to watch the match

Skybluedownunder

Where are you? I was due to move to Sydney 1st June but it's all up in the air with this madness.

down in Melbourne. Now that we are in the championship you can get Kayo Sports instead of ifollow which then you get all pay per view sports like the UFC etc for a monthly subscription but when we were in league one Kayo sports didn’t cover that

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

This story has been posted twice in the last two weeks from CET, if you had to pick out of any of these 5 strikers which would you go for?

If it was out of them 5 I’d probably go for Nouha Dicko. Although I’d question what’s happened for him - he seemed a class player at wolves a few years back

covcity4life

He scored something like 2 in 15 for Sunderland last season. He’s scored more than ten twice in his career, both in L2 for us and Pompey. Failed at Reading in the Championship, did OK at Hibs and Livingstone but lol Scotland. Very much unproven IMO.

I’m not sure if Godden will step up, I think so if he gets the service, but he’s proven at L1 which is better than McNulty.

Ok fair enough. Obviously levels need to be taken into it no doubt. But i have more fond memories of Mcnulty thsn I do godden SO FAR

I think my real point is I don't like how players that have achieved success with us are not shown respect once they leave

Mcnulty will always be a player I remember fondly for rest of my life.

shmmeee

Ok fair enough. Obviously levels need to be taken into it no doubt. But i have more fond memories of Mcnulty thsn I do godden SO FAR

I think my real point is I don't like how players that have achieved success with us are not shown respect once they leave

I’ve got no issue with McNulty. He did an outstanding job for us and didn’t seem to force a move from what I remember. Just think we’ve surpassed him.

Bugsy

good memories but Didn't McNulty leave us for better money at Reading if my mind serves me right...PUSB

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

So what? That's life. We release players every year who would like to stay
Don’t get me wrong I love mcnulty, but I don’t think he’s a better player than Godden and I think we need someone better than him.

I think as a club we’ve shown too much respect to past players (Lookijg at you McSheffrey)

Robins has become ruthless and it has been to our benefit

Bugsy

So what? That's life. We release players every year who would like to stay

What u mean so what that's life lol. That's my point thou he didn't want to stay with us we wanted him to stay but left us for Reading for better money...PUSB

Bugsy

But whata that got to do with having fond memories lol

You said:
"I think my real point is I don't like how players that have achieved success with us are not shown respect once they leave"

I thought u was making out that city didn't show McNulty respect.

Lol nothing no worries ive crossed wires I think
.....PUSB

covcity4life

You said:
"I think my real point is I don't like how players that have achieved success with us are not shown respect once they leave"

I thought u was making out that city didn't show McNulty respect.

Lol nothing no worries ive crossed wires I think
.....PUSB

No i just mean city fans.

Briles

Woodrow would be a shout if Barnsley go down. Remenber robins really praising him.

Alkhen

Re watching the playoff final win again the other day really reminded me of the good work McNulty other than scoring. I would take him back if he didn't break the bank.

Ollie1998

Whilst I think McNulty is probably slightly better than Godden, I don’t think that he’d be good enough to keep us up next year. Shown he can’t cut it with Reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nonleagueherewecome

Yeah it's a bit like how for AFC Wimbledon, the lads that tore up the United Counties League when they re-formed will always be absolute legends, despite none being anywhere near as good as anyone in their current squad. Like this dude: AFC Wimbledon | Player Profile | Matt Everard

Check out the goal stats, 37 in 87, not bad for a defender!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Whilst I think McNulty is probably slightly better than Godden, I don’t think that he’d be good enough to keep us up next year. Shown he can’t cut it with Reading.

Godden scored more goals last season than McNulty has in his whole league one career.

I know it’s not just about goals - but McNulty isn’t a better player than Godden.

love McNulty for starting our revival effectively. But he won’t cut it at championship level

covcity4life

Godden scored more goals last season than McNulty has in his whole league one career.

I know it’s not just about goals - but McNulty isn’t a better player than Godden.

love McNulty for starting our revival effectively. But he won’t cut it at championship level

He had bwtter build up play than godden
And dribbling

But could he do it at championship level I dunno. Prob not based on readong but not sure how much he played. Godden a passenger alot of time till gets a chsnce. Poacher vs more of an all round attacker

Ollie1998

All down to systems though isn’t it. Playing as a relatively small pacey striker in that hoof ball Sunderland team will never work (e.g. Will Grigg)

McNulty done really well in the SPL for Hibs on his loan there and has been called up for Scotland he’s obviously got talent

covcity4life

Yeah it's a bit like how for AFC Wimbledon, the lads that tore up the United Counties League when they re-formed will always be absolute legends, despite none being anywhere near as good as anyone in their current squad. Like this dude: AFC Wimbledon | Player Profile | Matt Everard

Check out the goal stats, 37 in 87, not bad for a defender!
THIS

Move on by all means but don't forget who helped us get where we are.

Lee burge shocking many many times I lost voice effing and blinding st his mistakes. Bit say his name now and I am like the helped us win checkatrade and get promoted.

Positive seasons lately so let's remember them positively!

Nonleagueherewecome

THIS

Move on by all means but don't forget who helped us get where we are.

Lee burge shocking many many times I lost voice effing and blinding st his mistakes. Bit say his name now and I am like the helped us win checkatrade and get promoted.

Positive seasons lately so let's remember them positively!
Absolutely. And as it goes, IF he had stayed here where he was loved and it had clicked (much like it has with Robins and the club), maybe he would have been good enough as a Championship player with us? But it's always a risk when you move up 2 tiers that it won't work and a bad move can easily derail you. But we got a great fee for a player signed on a free who gave a sterling year of service. He got a better wage in a short career, we got money to keep the wolf from the door and to reinvest in the squad. No regrets. He couldn't have done much more in his time here so if he's not a one season legend, I dunno who is-and it doesn't matter what level it was at.

cc84cov

Agree with this Godden is a far more complete player than McNulty

EAst ender

I think he'll leave but for about half of that, they're actually linking him to clubs themselves trying to drive the price up.
Indeed, £6M ish and £20K a week I should think. Probably about right that fee. They want a couple of ours so we may be in for him, especially if Famara Diedhou leaves us. Then again, we haven't even got a Manager. :(
To the poster that said Paddy Madden, nowhere near good enough at the level you're now at, not even close.

Gibbo

Is it just me, but thus far the jury is well and truly out on continental signings to date. Kastaneer - say no more, one great goal and one of the most epic red cards in the Club's history; Jobello - looked useful but limited.

So with Hamer, Dacosta and Hessner all coming in we are potentially quite reliant on them - Hamer in particular has the unenviable task of replacing one of the last year's two best players while playing alongside Kelly who is now well above his pay grade.

Thus far Robins has brought in few players who turned out to be 100% duds - Vincenti, Ogogo but that's about it. That is a phenomenal achievement and one of the two big reasons we have risen up. Clearly the strategy is that there is a pool of underpaid talent in Europe that we can tap into. The question is whether the success rate from these European players will be the same as home grown. As I say, the jury is out.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Is it just me, but thus far the jury is well and truly out on continental signings to date. Kastaneer - say no more, one great goal and one of the most epic red cards in the Club's history; Jobello - looked useful but limited.

So with Hamer, Dacosta and Hessner all coming in we are potentially quite reliant on them - Hamer in particular has the unenviable task of replacing one of the last year's two best players while playing alongside Kelly who is now well above his pay grade.

Thus far Robins has brought in few players who turned out to be 100% duds - Vincenti, Ogogo but that's about it. That is a phenomenal achievement and one of the two big reasons we have risen up. Clearly the strategy is that there is a pool of underpaid talent in Europe that we can tap into. The question is whether the success rate from these European players will be the same as home grown. As I say, the jury is out.

You forgot Brown and Andreu. I'd also say Chaplin only stays off the list cos we got a good price for him.

We'll ignore development players but Bosma has to be one of the weirdest.

Users who are viewing this thread