Striker (1 Viewer)

Gibbo

I don't think Brown was absolute dud. I never saw that much difference between him and Mason to be honest. Andreu - I'll give you. Never saw how he fitted in, even before injury. So make that three.

Chaplin - did ok and has shown form since. He may have kicked on last year, we will never know, but not an absolute dud

I am excluding Development as they are by definition more speculative and wastage is written into the system

Sick Boy

Whilst I think McNulty is probably slightly better than Godden, I don’t think that he’d be good enough to keep us up next year. Shown he can’t cut it with Reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Godden is proven in League 1, whereas arguably McNulty isn’t. He was great for us in League 2 but there’s no way he’s good enough for Championship.

mark82

agreed... otherwise it will be like buying Baka all over again cause we didn’t think we were going to get our primary target Chaplin

That's not what happened. The club have a scouting setup and don't panic buy. If they do ever bring someone in as an emergency or because they can't sign preferred targets it is on loan, certainly not on multi-year contracts that then get extended.

Skybluedownunder

That's not what happened. The club have a scouting setup and don't panic buy. If they do ever bring someone in as an emergency or because they can't sign preferred targets it is on loan, certainly not on multi-year contracts that then get extended.

I think you’ll find we got Baka because Chaplin deal was off

Ollie1998

Godden is proven in League 1, whereas arguably McNulty isn’t. He was great for us in League 2 but there’s no way he’s good enough for Championship.

I agree he’s not but my point was just that McNulty is better than Godden (slightly).

I think we need a proven striker to survive

Ollie1998

Godden will score more next season that McNulty did in the championship,

Also happy to bet on that

McNulty didn’t really get a chance in the championship so clearly not going to bet on that

McNulty did do it in the SPL which is probably a better league than Championship

mr_monkey

McNulty didn’t really get a chance in the championship so clearly not going to bet on that

McNulty did do it in the SPL which is probably a better league than Championship

Funniest post in years.... McNulty didn't score as many in league one as godden did, his only good season was for us in league 2, he's failed in the championship and in league one

Ollie1998

Funniest post in years.... McNulty didn't score as many in league one as godden did, his only good season was for us in league 2, he's failed in the championship and in league one

If you read up the conversation you can see I said it’s about systems. McNulty played in a hoof ball Sunderland team

He’s done well in the SPL and got an international call up.

I like Godden and I don’t think there’s too much in it I just think McNulty edges it

mr_monkey

If you read up the conversation you can see I said it’s about systems. McNulty played in a hoof ball Sunderland team

He’s done well in the SPL and got an international call up.

I like Godden and I don’t think there’s too much in it I just think McNulty edges it

But other than rangers and Celtic the spl is mid league one level and even then he didn't score as many as godden did in league one and I'm not surprised he got a Scotland call up with the lack of forward power they have. If godden was Scottish he'd have a chance of being called up.

I love McNulty for what he did for us in the second half of the legaue 2 season but he didn't do it in league one with the chances he has had before and after us and didn't do it in the championship

fernandopartridge

Is it just me, but thus far the jury is well and truly out on continental signings to date. Kastaneer - say no more, one great goal and one of the most epic red cards in the Club's history; Jobello - looked useful but limited.

So with Hamer, Dacosta and Hessner all coming in we are potentially quite reliant on them - Hamer in particular has the unenviable task of replacing one of the last year's two best players while playing alongside Kelly who is now well above his pay grade.

Thus far Robins has brought in few players who turned out to be 100% duds - Vincenti, Ogogo but that's about it. That is a phenomenal achievement and one of the two big reasons we have risen up. Clearly the strategy is that there is a pool of underpaid talent in Europe that we can tap into. The question is whether the success rate from these European players will be the same as home grown. As I say, the jury is out.
Kelly "well above his pay grade" despite being our most important player again last season

covcity4life

Mcnulty better dribbles and hold up play that godden. More highlight feel goals

Godden better positioning and finishing

Hard to compare as different tiers of football at the time

fernandopartridge

Mcnulty better dribbles and hold up play that godden. More highlight feel goals

Godden better positioning and finishing

Hard to compare as different tiers of football at the time
Yea, not to mention a player at the age where players usually peak (Godden) against somebody a bit younger.

McNulty, great for us and easily capable at L1 level and maybe the Championship

mr_monkey

Yea, not to mention a player at the age where players usually peak (Godden) against somebody a bit younger.

McNulty, great for us and easily capable at L1 level and maybe the Championship

But in his career he has only ever got into double figures 3 times in a season, twice in the Scottish championship (probably league 2 level) and once for us in league 2. He's failed as a striker at any level higher than that and certainly done far less than godden in league one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200718-184522.png
    Screenshot_20200718-184522.png
    458.2 KB · Views: 18

Ccfcisparks

Aberdeen & Hibs

The same Hibernian who have Christian Doidge upfront who scored 1 Goal in 20 in the championship? How you can say the SPL is better quality than the championship shows that you must be on some strong stuff

Liquid Gold

I love McNulty for what he did here, will always have fond memories of him, he was unplayable in the 2nd half of that season and his penalty in the playoff semi first leg was vital, he seemed a nice guy too.

We've moved on as a football club though and I don't think we should be looking back.

Magwitch

Nothing wrong with McNulty scored 28 goals which paved the way to the play offs and division one and earned us £1.5million+ transfer fee chunk of which funded the signing of the crop of players signed that gave us the team to get us promotion.

Magwitch

Nothing wrong with McNulty scored 28 goals which paved the way to the play offs and division one and earned us £1.5million+ transfer fee chunk of which funded the signing of the crop of players that gave us the team to get us promotion.

cc84cov

Nothing wrong with McNulty scored 28 goals which paved the way to the play offs and division one and earned us £1.5million+ transfer fee chunk of which funded the signing of the crop of players signed that gave us the team to get us promotion.
Until he forced a move with his agents help ;)

Ollie1998

The same Hibernian who have Christian Doidge upfront who scored 1 Goal in 20 in the championship? How you can say the SPL is better quality than the championship shows that you must be on some strong stuff

Maybe a tad over exaggeration but it’s not far off and it’s definitley better than league one

Users who are viewing this thread