Striker (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

This story has been posted twice in the last two weeks from CET, if you had to pick out of any of these 5 strikers which would you go for?

Either Dicko or Baston, both hugely unrealistic though

David O'Day

scores 20 goals a season consistently in league 1 and 2, scores 13 in championship In a struggling team. Pretty good in my opinion seeming as many seem to think Godden is the leading man yet hasn’t done as good as Collins.

He's scored 20 goals in a season 3 times in his career kid

David O'Day

just looked them all up on Wikipedia to check their stats etc and the one out the 5 that are on there that looked to have a good record was Baston. Plus he was 6 ft 3 whereas Dicko was only 5 ft 8

They've all been at a higher level than James Collins

mark82

Borja Baston of those 5, but he left Swansea because of high wages. Would've been on a decent package at Villa too. Therefore, probably unrealistic - will probably go back to Spain.

Evo1883

Get the ball to godden in the box... Goal.

We were doing this more and more as Jamie Allen got more game time.

15 goals with an injury lay off is no easy thing to do... He deserves his chance

A goal every 141 minutes last season, to me that's certainly prolific over the course of 26 league games, that's 28 goals over the course of 44 full 90 minute matches

PUSB-We_are_going_up

How about Ivan Toney or we could cash in on Baka and Westbrooke and then sign a good striker of our own that can score goals for more years to come?

Skybluedownunder

How about Ivan Toney or we could cash in on Baka and Westbrooke and then sign a good striker of our own that can score goals for more years to come?

with the amount Peterborough charge fans to go to games they must have bags of cash! Their price on Toney would be huge! Even with selling those two I doubt we’d be able to afford him

Magwitch

Whoever we get has to fit into our system and be able to play with Godden it was said Peterborough let Godden leave because he couldn’t fit in alongside Ivan Toney although the difference now if he came here Toney would be playing for a proper manager.

Frostie

I think he'll leave but for about half of that, they're actually linking him to clubs themselves trying to drive the price up.

Magwitch

Buying strikers is a bit of a minefield, in my time we have had far more big money failures than successes. Regarding Toney who is going to shell out millions for a third division striker plus big wages when there will be a load available released by championship and Prem clubs.

SlowerThanPlatt

Buying strikers is a bit of a minefield, in my time we have had far more big money failures than successes. Regarding Toney who is going to shell out millions for a third division striker plus big wages when there will be a load available released by championship and Prem clubs.

Which clubs are releasing a striker who scored 24 goals last season?

cc84cov

We don’t need to be rushing in either patience is the key until the right one comes up I think they will sit tight it’s not like we’re desperate

Magwitch

We don’t need to be rushing in either patience is the key until the right one comes up I think they will sit tight it’s not like we’re desperate
I’m sure Robins has a preferred target there’s the rumoured loanee from Wolves but wouldn’t be surprised if he brought someone else in too, it’s a buyers market so as you say no need to rush once the prem and championship finish there will be a few available if think.

Skybluedownunder

agreed... otherwise it will be like buying Baka all over again cause we didn’t think we were going to get our primary target Chaplin

covcity4life

Much better.
No I'm not arguing im curious. What is his record

Mcnulty scored 28 goals in a promotion winning cov side
I am never ever going to call him shit cos he isn't. Since then he has played championship and Scottish premiership. Whilst not pulling up any trees I wouldn't moan of MR brought him back to the club

Prefer Adam Armstrong like

kg82

just looked them all up on Wikipedia to check their stats etc and the one out the 5 that are on there that looked to have a good record was Baston. Plus he was 6 ft 3 whereas Dicko was only 5 ft 8
Do you ever watch a player or do you just come up with opinions based on stats?

Liquid Gold

I am never ever going to call him shit cos he isn't. Since then he has played championship and Scottish premiership. Whilst not pulling up any trees I wouldn't moan of MR brought him back to the club

70 games 13 goals in League 1. 1 goal in 13 in the Championship. 33 in 69 in league Two.

He scored 24% of his career goals in one season with us in League Two.

shmmeee

He scored something like 2 in 15 for Sunderland last season. He’s scored more than ten twice in his career, both in L2 for us and Pompey. Failed at Reading in the Championship, did OK at Hibs and Livingstone but lol Scotland. Very much unproven IMO.

I’m not sure if Godden will step up, I think so if he gets the service, but he’s proven at L1 which is better than McNulty.

Users who are viewing this thread