Striker (2 Viewers)

cc84cov

I am not sure godden is good enough to be number 1 striker for s team looking tonget to prem i agree

But no idea who this dude is either. First goal is probably staying up so godden can help usbthete hopefully

Wolves loaned to come perhaps a d Baja and max there as physical plan bs
With service Godden will score plenty in the championship he’s a natural instinctive finisher

better days

Baka has potential & all the assists to become a good player he’s still young and learning,also we’ve offered him a new deal I wouldn’t be shocked if we picked up a few for him pre season either m.
I think the lad could come on this year
He's got a good attitude and wasn't afraid to ask for help when he was struggling at one point last season
Robins obviously sees something in him

Skybluefaz

Possibly but not as a centre forward
giphy.gif

Bugsy

Nonleagueherewecome

Hee hee, just for the record I bloody loved Gibbo, my first Sky Blue Hero. He must have been gutted to see us lift the cup not long after leaving, so I was extra happy for him when Dons lifted it soon after. As a bit of a change from the Liverpool hatrick, here's the Luton brace a week before that made 7 year old me ecstatic:

I never liked Luton back then: usually relegation rivals, smaller club than us, Tory chairman who later banned away fans, plastic pitch, David Pleat, Les Sealy, Ashley Grimes, Wayne Sodding Turner...quite like them now!

Gotta love the awful fashion then, too. Lots of ratty moustaches and afro-esque perms, especially on the light-haired players. Or if you're Killer, both. Yet you tell todays kids with their Hitler Youth haircuts, douchebag beards and arms full of tattoos that they'll look daft in the future, and they won't believe you...

Last edited:

usskyblue

I think that was the game where our fans were fighting in the stand. I was at the front of the stand and I heard a ruckus behind me. I turn around and are fists flying everyfuckingwhere.

I looked back at the game just as Gibbo scored. I celebrate, look around again ...and all the tossers that were trying to kill each other seconds ago, are now hugging and jumping in the air...

Skybluedownunder

With Luton going down, wouldn’t mind picking up James Collins. Local lad who’s always wanted to play for Coventry. He’s always had a good goal record and is now a Republic of Ireland international. Scored 12 this season in a struggling team, every other season he’s been 20 goals a season

CanadianCCFC

One has to wonder why we didn’t get Lawrence Shankland when we were up in Scotland scouting him and instead chose Dundee United. The guy bags goals for fun! Unfortunately with the calibre of clubs that were chasing him this season I very much doubt we would stand a chance, nor could we now afford him. As Dundee got promoted to Scottish Prem he would only leave to a bigger club.

One striker I feel could potentially be within our budget and we stand a chance of getting would be Paddy Madden, he was on the bench for the 1st leg of Fleetwood’s semi final which I’m sure he wouldn’t have been too impressed with... probably why he got sent off when he came on haha.

I know everybody is on the Godden train but realistically he didn’t score in that many games, if you take into consderation the two hat tricks and only count one goal per game in those two he only scored in 10 games out of the 26 he played in, hardly prolific
So you’re discounting 4 of Godden’s goals? Any reason why?

CanadianCCFC

With Luton going down, wouldn’t mind picking up James Collins. Local lad who’s always wanted to play for Coventry. He’s always had a good goal record and is now a Republic of Ireland international. Scored 12 this season in a struggling team, every other season he’s been 20 goals a season
Oh he WANTS to play for Coventry, that makes all the difference. Forget about his compatibility in our team.

AStonesThrow

I used to know James Collins’ dad, lovely bloke. Pretty sure we had a conversation about Cov and sure there was some bad feeling about playing for Cov, possibly a rejection earlier on his career that put him off. Could be wrong as I was serving him in a busy, loud pub at the time so wasnt getting all the information! Met James once when he came in, had a chat and mentioned my lad loved football etc and two days later his Dad came in and handed me one of James’ Hibs shirts from when he played there which he’d signed for my lad! Nice gesture!

fatso

Baka has potential & all the assists to become a good player he’s still young and learning,also we’ve offered him a new deal I wouldn’t be shocked if we picked up a few for him pre season either m.
Well done on the most hilarious post I've ever seen on SBT!

fatso

He had his chance to come here and turned us down, he's also 30 in less than 6 months, so doesnt exactly fit into our buying model, and I'd suggest his best years are behind him.

David O'Day

are the only players you know either ex cov players or players from cov?

Skybluedownunder

are the only players you know either ex cov players or players from cov?

Jheeze you guys are a really bitchy bunch ey. Nothing to do that James Collins often scores 20 goals a season and is about to get relegated *eyerolls*

you are telling me you’d rather have Dadashov who’s stats look very average

Liquid Gold

Jheeze you guys are a really bitchy bunch ey. Nothing to do that James Collins often scores 20 goals a season and is about to get relegated *eyerolls*

Dadashov has scored more goals than Collins did at the same age.

David O'Day

Would I rather loan a 21 year old former Germany U17 international who scored 12 goals in 15 games and at 21 has played at an higher level than Collins did for his who career up to this year or would I rather sign a year old lump who has scored 12 goals and wouldn't fit in with our style of play?

mrtrench

I'd rather have the player that Robins and the scouting staff want. I'd prioritise their opinions over everyone's on here, including mine.

mr_monkey

But scored 12 in the league we are going to be in next season. Honestly if this isn't a wind up you need to go and watch some football from over the last few years to get a more informed opinion....

Skybluedownunder

But scored 12 in the league we are going to be in next season. Honestly if this isn't a wind up you need to go and watch some football from over the last few years to get a more informed opinion....

scores 20 goals a season consistently in league 1 and 2, scores 13 in championship In a struggling team. Pretty good in my opinion seeming as many seem to think Godden is the leading man yet hasn’t done as good as Collins.

Ccfcisparks

scores 20 goals a season consistently in league 1 and 2, scores 13 in championship In a struggling team. Pretty good in my opinion seeming as many seem to think Godden is the leading man yet hasn’t done as good as Collins.
Godden also isn’t 30, and doesn’t cost us £2m out of an already tight budget

mr_monkey

But very different types of players, Collins would not fit into our style of play at all.... Good player but not for us

Users who are viewing this thread