Match Thread Stoke City (2 Viewers)

David O'Day

Fair comment.

Without he injuries to Dabo he would be making his mistakes and learning in the U23s, still if we can get him to understand hoiw to defend there could be a player there.

But this is our financial module, a less well off Brentford seems to be the idea.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's because the young fans have a poor attention span and think games go on too long as it is, ask Perez

Doesn't really fit in with the addition of VAR to check if a player has a pube offside yet not showing those in the stadium whats going on.

Magwitch1

Thought we were excellent tonight and I thought 2-3 flattered Stoke although their two goals were both terrific strikes both we’re preventable. We look a good side at the moment from number one to eleven.

Fergusons_Beard

There have been times this year when we’d have played well and lost because of two wonder strikes.

What’s turnaround!

Get in there you magic skyblue army!

PUSB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BornSlippySkyBlue

Could be a number of reasons.

Possibility of a game going on forever 9although injury is supposed to reflect that and could also go on that long for long lay-offs or stoppages.
Just the way they set it up initially and people don't want to change it.
Creates a talking point for the fans/pundits, adding to the tension.

Btw, if I were doing it I'd do it as 30min halves with a stopped clock. That would be roughly equivalent to the amount of time the ball spends in play in a game.
Ha, forgot I asked that in all the excitement. Has always seemed the obvious way of cutting out time wasting to me. Ball out of play = stopped clock. Makes it pointless to kick the ball away and other such annoying things. Yeah, if it made the game too long for the iPad generation then think of ways of adjusting it.

Blind-Faith

Great result. But actually, just wanted to say, from what I’ve seen of Eccles so far, he looks like he’s going to be a classy player.

100% agree. You can tell he’s got a good footballing brain on him, very clever. Great passing ability and able to play couple of positions.Hope he gets a few starts now 👍

AlansEyes

3 wins in 6 days is excellent. Credit where it's due for Robins, he knows how to finish a season - much better that than the likes of Mowbray who fall to pieces after Christmas.

jordan210

Having watched the highlights. Da Costa is the player who won the ball from stokes throw to set up our first goal.

Also stokes 2nd goal. He sticks with his man so is no way at fault. As people tried to blame him last night.

At times he is beaten to easily or is slightly out of position. But credit where its due. He is by far a better player than he was. He just needs to learn more about the wing back role.

fatso

Having watched the highlights. Da Costa is the player who won the ball from stokes throw to set up our first goal.

Also stokes 2nd goal. He sticks with his man so is no way at fault. As people tried to blame him last night.

At times he is beaten to easily or is slightly out of position. But credit where its due. He is by far a better player than he was. He just needs to learn more about the wing back role.
Hes certainly improved a hell of a lot, even if Dabo is available id still play Dacosta on Saturday to give him a bit more experience.

jordan210

Hes certainly improved a hell of a lot, even if Dabo is available id still play Dacosta on Saturday to give him a bit more experience.

The more game time he gets the better. I think he underestimates his ability some time. Has he will run at a player and look world beating. Then next time panic and make a poor pass.

He has the ability to be a good player. But not sure if its a wing back.

Also would. be worth resting Dabo till pre season. So we can have a fully fit player next season.

fernandopartridge

I'd need to see that again but I think Dacosta went inside to mark the man in the middle, they just had an extra man as we'd got stretched over the other side
Yes, it wasn't Dacosta at fault at all. He's been much better the last 3 games. Eccles is ball watching then finally spots his man. As I said last night though it wouldn't have happened had Hyam headed the ball out of play rather than infield

AOM

Wilson's voice had gone completely in the press interview

Funny they still made him do it. Seems a good character to have around the squad

BornSlippySkyBlue

The more game time he gets the better. I think he underestimates his ability some time. Has he will run at a player and look world beating. Then next time panic and make a poor pass.

He has the ability to be a good player. But not sure if its a wing back.

Also would. be worth resting Dabo till pre season. So we can have a fully fit player next season.
Was thinking during the game he’s improved a bit recently. He still has some interesting moves, shall we say, but overall the game time has done him good. You can start to see the thinking with recruiting him, he has ‘something’ but needs to develop - exactly our model. If Dabo is fit next season though will he get the game time he needs to push on?

Users who are viewing this thread