Match Thread Stoke City (2 Viewers)

skybluepm2

Never doubted it. A week ago I said there would be some surprises, and here we are. I actually think Rotherham have every chance to overhaul Derby but can Derby show some spunk at the final hurdle...it's theirs to lose.

couldn’t have dreamt of 3 wins on the bounce in this run, incredible! A week ago I didn’t see Wilson ever playing for us again. Tonight he was outstanding, fair play MR. He knows exactly what he’s doing. Would love derby to go down personally.

skyblue1991

What a fucking game that was! Couldn't stop smiling, wouldn't have even minded if Stoke equalised because I thought we were safe before a ball was kicked

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Evo1883

We're 4 points above Huddersfield too now as Barnsley just scored

What a beautiful sight

D

Deleted member 4439

Don't come down on me hard, as this is just a puzzlement of both me and my buddy supporter, but has the mood in the camp changed somehow over the past couple of months, as the team doesn't quite seem to celebrate goals collectively as they used to. Perhaps the pressure and the focus/concentration?

letsallsingtogether

@Grendel ? If not biamou at least give wilson his due? 2 big saves tonight
Wouldnt have won without Biamous goal either, so should really give credit to every player, instead or trying to pick faults.
We have just beaten a decent side with a side most posters see as inadequate.
I rest my case.
PUSB

Magwitch1

Fletcher was a real handful when he came on. Sorry to pick on Da Costa, but have a look at where he (right wing back) was for their second equaliser. Nobody then marking Clucas. Also reminds me of a kid who doesn't know how to take a throw in every time he picks up the ball to take one.
I assume Dacosta was playing as Robins wanted him to do but he seemed to be pushing forward all the time after his wonder display v Forest and nieve displays a few games ago he seems to be finding his feet, still not convinced defensively but going forward with the ball is quite affective. Still work to do with him though.

Sick Boy

Don't come down on me hard, as this is just a puzzlement of both me and my buddy supporter, but has the mood in the camp changed somehow over the past couple of months, as the team doesn't quite seem to celebrate goals collectively as they used to. Perhaps the pressure and the focus/concentration?
I like it, it’s gives the impression that they have self-belief and a little bit of swagger.

Frostie

Fletcher was a real handful when he came on. Sorry to pick on Da Costa, but have a look at where he (right wing back) was for their second equaliser. Nobody then marking Clucas. Also reminds me of a kid who doesn't know how to take a throw in every time he picks up the ball to take one.

I'd need to see that again but I think Dacosta went inside to mark the man in the middle, they just had an extra man as we'd got stretched over the other side

cov donkey kick

Forest should be a lot lower
The two games we lost to them were a travesty
We played them off the park both games and still lost both
They were the worst team I think I've seen this season
Agree we should have won both those games and also there goals all individual mistakes by us.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

As a serious question, why don’t they do that? It’s such an easy one there must be a reason. Because the game wouldn’t finish until midnight? I’ve always wondered why that doesn’t happen.

Could be a number of reasons.

Possibility of a game going on forever 9although injury is supposed to reflect that and could also go on that long for long lay-offs or stoppages.
Just the way they set it up initially and people don't want to change it.
Creates a talking point for the fans/pundits, adding to the tension.

Btw, if I were doing it I'd do it as 30min halves with a stopped clock. That would be roughly equivalent to the amount of time the ball spends in play in a game.

Sky Blue Harry H

I assume Dacosta was playing as Robins wanted him to do but he seemed to be pushing forward all the time after his wonder display v Forest and nieve displays a few games ago he seems to be finding his feet, still not convinced defensively but going forward with the ball is quite affective. Still work to do with him though.

No problem with him pushing forward, but his defensive awareness is awful at times. Can't fault his desire, attitude in general, it's almost like he's never been coached. For a rwb he was on the near (left side) post when their cross came in from their right, straight over to where he would 'normally' expect to be (and Clucas finished with a sweet hit). I want him to do well, and he does have the raw basics, but he really is a raw nugget that needs some polishing. Hope Dabo stays fit a lot next season !!!!

higgs

After Rotherham beating QPR I was shitting myself please tell me in not dreaming and we actually won 3 on the bounce

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

David O'Day

No problem with him pushing forward, but his defensive awareness is awful at times. Can't fault his desire, attitude in general, it's almost like he's never been coached. For a rwb he was on the near (left side) post when their cross came in from their right, straight over to where he would 'normally' expect to be (and Clucas finished with a sweet hit). I want him to do well, and he does have the raw basics, but he really is a raw nugget that needs some polishing. Hope Dabo stays fit a lot next season !!!!

This is the thing, he's a project that has had to play a hell of a lot more first team games than we ever planned for him this season.

Johhny Blue

Most people will credit and criticise players fairly. Even though Walker has had some stick, people were still delighted he scored and applauded the good finish.

He did just miss a chance though. No doubt they'll be an excuse.
I'm not a big fan of Walker and initially thought he was a little lucky with his goal and had played it too close to the keeper. However watching the replay it was an excellent finish. There was nowhere else he could have put it that it would have gone in. The miss wasn't terrible either. It was a tough chance and to be honest if he buried chances like that there's no way he would be our player.

Still think he's lazy but top marks today

Users who are viewing this thread