Match Thread Stoke City (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

Stoke don't concede many and we don't score many. So that's half of the scoreline worked out!
They've only lost to teams in the top 10 and haven't conceded away from home for 5 games. Away to teams in the bottom half: P7 W3 D4 L0 GF 4 GA 0.

Everything points to an awful first 75 minutes and then a bit of end to end footy when it opens up. From 10 away matches:

1608822462356.png

5-4 City it is then!

cc84cov

They've only lost to teams in the top 10 and haven't conceded away from home for 5 games. Away to teams in the bottom half: P7 W3 D4 L0 GF 4 GA 0.

Everything points to an awful first 75 minutes and then a bit of end to end footy when it opens up. From 10 away matches:

View attachment 18004

5-4 City it is then!
Sounds like all our games pattern apart from Rotherham

Sky Blue Harry H

CET headlines 'myscle injury' , shows a picture of Gus Hamer, then says that Kastaneer has an issue. Wish they'd stop wrong footing me!

stevefloyd

Well todays the day...hope Gus is back amongst our walking wounded, hope everyone had a good day yesterday...good food nice presents and best of all no covid...stay happy no bickering we are all Cov fans and want the best for 'our' team ...health and wealth to all and a pretty 3 points to end this shittest year in recent history PUSB

Briles

Looking forward to this. Always goals on boxing day!

Brighton Sky Blue

I have a worse feeling about this one than before we got Mark Hughes sacked. This side just really needs some reinforcement

letsallsingtogether

I'll take win, all this I'll take a draw is just bullshit way of saying we are not good enough.
Need to win all our home games to stay in this league.

johnwillomagic

Hmm I sort of agree with poster above although we were unbeaten for a stretch the majority were draws and points don't do you that many favours if you cant back them up with a few wins - it will be a tough game but we have to target three points at home most games we will fall short on occasions but it is wins and not draws that will ultimately keep us in this division....great news that we have Hamer back!

Sky Blue Harry H

We all hate losing (obviously) so saying a draw isn't a bad result is just a reflection of that (also a dash of realism, too). Not a person on here who doesn't want, or hope for, a win. Come on City (the Sky Blue one)!

the rumpo kid

Really hope we can win this one , Stoke is the arsehole of England, and there fans are inbred monkeys , shit town shit shit fans ,never made a mark anywhere.

Great_Expectations

Not looking forward to this as much as recent matches, although not exactly sure why!

Sheaf and Hamer in the middle should mean we recycle the ball well and keep it moving as both are good on the ball, however we both to be on it for the whole game and not drift in and out.

I would like to see Giles - he’s often been our best outlet this year and while he isn’t as defensively imposing as McCallum, he’s proven he can defend and the need for an outlet is important, especially considering Dabo’s inconsistency.

We are struggling attacking wise today, I’m a Biamou fan but he needs someone alongside/behind him. So that’s either Baka alongside who seems to be stagnating and/or COH behind him who works as hard as ever, but hasn’t looked as dangerous offensively recently, plus another 10 (Allen or Shipley) neither of which have set the world alight in that position. I understand the calls for a wildcard like Bapaga.

Hopefully we play offensively. I’ve said the same thing every pre match, but we’re a stronger team when we do. The over cautiousness doesn’t suit us. Key word being over, I’m not saying we should be gung ho, it’s not binary - before some idiot calls me out on that.

I’m going for an optimistic 2-1.

cc84cov

People giving Stoke too much credit tbh I don’t see why we can’t go out and win this today tbh 🤷🏻‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread