Match Thread Stoke City (1 Viewer)

stay_up_skyblues

I would give O'Hare a rest from starting and put Bapaga alongside Biamou. He is young and unproven but obviously has talent and likes to run at people. He has nothing to lose. If he is struggling O'Hare can come off the bench when Stoke are hopefully tiring and then utilise the space that he isn't finding when starting.
I also wonder about Hilssner starting as AM. I would hope by now that he is over his health issue and his fitness is much improved. He looked technically good and able to provide from set-pieces. He scored for U23s from one. I would prefer to give him a go than Shipley who has been given ample opportunities.

Thing is, with O’Hare, you get the pressing/chasing down and occasional successful tackle. He’s a bit of a rare AM in that sense and that work is fairly crucial for us, particularly with Kelly out and one of Allen or Shipley having to play DM. He’s a manager’s dream really.

I really want to see Bapaga given a run but not at the expense of COH, although the kid does look in need of a rest. The week off before the next game will hopefully help in that regard.

If we are two up top then Bapaga could easily play in place of Baka who offers the square root of fuck all.

Hertsccfc

Allen did really well against Sheff Wednesday in the defensive mid position. If not the best, one of the best on the pitch.
Is it just me that didn't think Allen was that good against Sheffield Wednesday? He started ok but seemed largely anonymous to me. I thought Sheaf was much better

Jamesimus

Is it just me that didn't think Allen was that good against Sheffield Wednesday? He started ok but seemed largely anonymous to me. I thought Sheaf was much better

I think Sheaf had a decent game too and was one our better players on the day, albeit with a few more errors in possession than Allen. General consensus seems to be Allen had a good game, probably because he did haha.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't rated Allen this season and when he's played I've mainly seen him in the other attacking midfield spot, where he seems to get tackled or pushed off the ball easily and probably doesn't get as much time. He seemed to have a lot more time on the ball on Saturday.

Hertsccfc

It’s become fashionable to knock Allen think someone Saturday knocked him after just ten minutes. I thought he played okay and as usual worked his nuts off.
I am not one to knock players and he played ok. But no way was he one of the best players. I would say all three central defendrs and Sheaf were far better and others too

skyblu3sk

I have this odd thing with COH at the moment every time he receives the ball I expect him to sprint past the defender but he rarely does... I think i have been completely overestimating his pace. Its like I see that build of player and just expect it or something.

Brighton Sky Blue

Got used to the two games a week now :confused:
Mid week feels empty without us playing and Saturday feels ages away

Think the players really need the rest even if it’s just a few extra days. Someone keep Kasta away from the turkey though

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

Sky Blue Harry H

Stoke left back Morgan Fox just gone off with hamstring injury. Thank You. Keep them coming....

Jamesimus

Glad it isn't just me - he gets through a ridiculous amount of work, yet some just judge him on his creative side, when there is so much more to his game,

This. It's absolutely mad, his Strava running times in lockdown astounded me.

Get him in Kellys position, now 🤣

In all seriousness though, even when he has what's regarded as a 'bad game', just the fact he has an incredible engine and capacity to run and chase everything helps the team so much.

Briles

Morgan Fox picked up an injury last night against Tottenham, hes Stokes only natural leftback. They played James Mclean as a wingback there yesterday and he did ok but might mean a formation change for our game.

skyblueelephant76

Morgan Fox picked up an injury last night against Tottenham, hes Stokes only natural leftback. They played James Mclean as a wingback there yesterday and he did ok but might mean a formation change for our game.
They had Josh Tymon on the bench last night who plays left back

SkyblueTexan

Stoke looked very impressive versus Spurs. Will be a very tough match.

johnwillomagic

I personally think as players will have had a weeks rest MR will not ring too many changes - will Godden start with Walker is my only question?
I think this is how MR will line up against Stoke below I would like Godden to start but do not think he will.

Wilson

Dabo Osti Fadz Hyam McCallum

Sheaf Hamer Allen

O'Hare

Waker

Subs: Camp, Pask, Giles, Shipley, Kastaneer, Jobello Biamou, Baka, Godden

Users who are viewing this thread