Match Thread Stoke City (3 Viewers)

clint van damme

fair do’s. Like I said it concerns me not so much most people on here. Each to their own. I’m ok with the point and ok with the draw just concerned about another zero goals

We were shipping too many goals,
Now we've tightened up but aren't scoring enough.
Yes it's something that needs sorting, but while in the process of trying to find a happy medium and generally find our in the Championship we still find ourselves in 18th.
I'll take that for now.

Johhny Blue

Yes it's something that needs sorting, but while in the process of trying to find a happy medium and generally find our in the Championship we still find ourselves in 18th.
I'll take that for now.
Can you smell 14 th?

ccfc92

I'll take that for now.

Plus 5/6 points clear of drop zone 🙌

Macca

I'll take that for now.

I take the point, and as a half season I think it’s a success. However it’s trends that bother me and the current one I believe if not rectified will see is down regardless of how many “happy with the point” moments we have.

clint van damme

I take the point, and as a half season I think it’s a success. However it’s trends that bother me and the current one I believe if not rectified will see is down regardless of how many “happy with the point” moments we have.

But other teams have to improve. Why do people think other teams will improve and we won't?
They also have to improve more than us because we're ahead of 6 of them.

BackRoomRummermill

We were really competitive on the first half, it was a good game to watch first half , we just fell away a bit 2nd half. Like our fitness was lacking . We held on for a deserved point a loss would have been cruel

Brighton Sky Blue

Realistically, do you honestly see us being overtaken by the likes of Derby, Wendies and Wycombe?

Derby and Forest can both afford to improve their squads next month, we ain't got a pot to piss in and long term injuries seemingly every few games. We desperately need some help up top and in midfield. Think in the case of the latter there must be at least a few decent free agents available

Grendel

Before the game, would have taken a pint, but definitely 2 points dropped, the opportunity to win today was there.

Are you serious? They will be scratching their headings wondering how they didn’t have a comfortable win

oscillatewildly

Derby and Forest can both afford to improve their squads next month, we ain't got a pot to piss in and long term injuries seemingly every few games. We desperately need some help up top and in midfield. Think in the case of the latter there must be at least a few decent free agents available
By "improve" I take it you mean 'add to'? It doesn't always reap the rewards tho, does it? Doubtless both those clubs have funds we don't, but
I'll bet there are more Derby fans wishing they had our 'predicament' right now than those supremely confident that throwing money at a crisis come January will definitely guarantee them C'ship survival.
As for Wednesday, they'll be green with envy of our financial resources.

Londonccfcfan

Unfortunately today Baka was the only other striker but Giles for Shipley...Pask for Shipley...Bapaga for Shipley
100% agree.

Should have been Giles for Allen.

His love affair with Shipley is baffling.

I'd rather bring on a substitute goalkeeper than Shipley. Lol

Brighton Sky Blue

By "improve" I take it you mean 'add to'? It doesn't always reap the rewards tho, does it? Doubtless both those clubs have funds we don't, but
I'll bet there are more Derby fans wishing they had our 'predicament' right now than those supremely confident that throwing money at a crisis come January will definitely guarantee them C'ship survival.
As for Wednesday, they'll be green with envy of our financial resources.

We could do with like for like signings with our injury problems to be honest. Though yes, points on the board is king

fernandopartridge

Derby are skint so doubt they'll be doing much. Not sure about Forest but all clubs will be feeling a pinch and they've got big wage bills to manage already

Brighton Sky Blue

Who was commentating, was it still Rob Gurney?... whoever it was ripped at the wires out in excitement and radio went silent!...
Gurney did that at Villa Park when Moldovan scored, then cried on the final whistle! :ROFLMAO:

Nah was still Clive and Geoff then, might possible have been Geoff, his shriek when Mifsud scored at Old Trafford still rings in my head!

Users who are viewing this thread