Match Thread Stoke City (A) - Sat 7th May 12:30 (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSoul

Thought it was worth kicking this off and separating it from the tickets thread.

Neither team with anything left to play for except pride so am expecting a party atmosphere in the stands after a cracking season and hopefully something similar to Millwall at the end of last season. My fag packet maths says the lowest we can finish is 15th seeing as Swansea and QPR play each other, highest is 9th but relies on an 8 goal swing with Blackburn.

Head says score draw, hopefully Vik signs off with another goal or 2. Interesting comments from Robins about team selection, talking about looking to next season:

When asked about if he has one eye on next season when it comes to team selection, this is what Robins had to say.

“There will be certain considerations taken into account, I have to look at that. We will pick a team that will reflect what we’re trying to do and what we’re trying to achieve and what we want to do on the day in terms of tactics.

“Matty Godden will be available, he’s trained, but only for one day, but he will be available from the bench I would imagine. We will look who comes in and make sure everyone is in good health and then continue our preparation.”

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Moore
Hyam Rose JCS*
Kane Allen Eccles Bidwell
O' Hare Jones
Gyokeres

Wilson, Fadz, Kelly, Reid, Howley/Bapaga, Tavares, Godden*
*if fit​

Wouldn't play Hamer due to possibility of a ban going into next season.

Skybluebeliever

Moore
Hyam Rose JCS*
Kane Allen Eccles Bidwell
O' Hare Jones
Gyokeres

Wilson, Fadz, Kelly, Reid, Howley/Bapaga, Tavares, Godden*
*if fit​

Wouldn't play Hamer due to possibility of a ban going into next season.
I think five of those will not play tomorrow , JCS and godden are both fit in fact there is only Dabo not available but with the under 23 game coming up a couple could be held back for that

Sky Blue Harry H

I think five of those will not play tomorrow , JCS and godden are both fit in fact there is only Dabo not available but with the under 23 game coming up a couple could be held back for that

Five ! Guessing Jones, Eccles and Moore are three of the changes. If big Vik and O'Hare are missing, the rumour mill will kick off big style !!

Covkid1968#

Loads to play for… win and we could be a top 10 champ team. How good does that sound? I think we finished 8th one year but apart from that 10th might be one of our best finishes.

Always amazes me how people know these things… but someone on here will know how 10th ranks amongst our champ campaigns!

Seaside-Skyblue

Tyler Walker to play a part tomorrow?
After the fruitless loan spell at Pompey, I can't see Robins throwing him in even if he was eligible. I think it would be an insult to the cov away fans who have bought tickets to throw in any player who isn't even close to being on his game right now for whatever reason. Hope he's ok though, could be a personal issue we have no idea about. To go from a player who can clearly score goals in a particular system to what's happened in last few months doesn't quite add up.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Last paragraph:

When asked if he’d had any feedback from either Portsmouth or Walker about how the striker’s spell had gone, or if he could shed any light on what went wrong, City boss Mark Robins was in no mood to discuss the issue, simply confirming that he isn’t available for the weekend and saying: “Yes, I have (had feedback) but I’m not going to talk about it. I have spoken to him, of course I have.”

Ashdown

Does anyone know if the match will be shown in somewhere like the Gatehouse Tavern in town ? If not where else in the city centre ?

SkyBlueSoul

Just getting the train from Manchester, excited but bittersweet feeling knowing it’s the last game for a while.

Dad’s first game since Brum in the FA Cup pre-covid too, he’s like a kid at Christmas

no_loyalty

I really hope we get at least a point here, as it will be a bit demoralising if we get overtaken by Stoke, Swansea, Preston and Blackpool.

CCFCSteve

Last paragraph:

When asked if he’d had any feedback from either Portsmouth or Walker about how the striker’s spell had gone, or if he could shed any light on what went wrong, City boss Mark Robins was in no mood to discuss the issue, simply confirming that he isn’t available for the weekend and saying: “Yes, I have (had feedback) but I’m not going to talk about it. I have spoken to him, of course I have.”

Sounds positive 😳

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Wilson
Hyam - Fadz - JCS
Eccles - Kelly - Allen - Bidwell
O’hare - Jones
Gyökeres

bench
Moore, Rose, Maatsen, Shipley, Hamer, Tavares, Godden​

I was gonna put Kane in but I get that feeling that Shippers will get that last send off

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Sounds positive 😳
I think he sounds disappointed with him, considering Robins likes his players to try hard and it seems that whilst with Pompey he was cruising through games and perhaps Robins may have reached the end of his patience with Walker and will decided to let go of him in the summer

Users who are viewing this thread