Championship Record (1 Viewer)

djpalms23

Wasn’t been anything to make a song and dance about from 2001 - 2012. In fact considering the players and managers we had it was a massive under achievement. An 8th and 11th position finish being the best we mustered prior to relegation to the 3th and 4th tier of the English football pyramid.

With a favourable 4 game run in compared to others and playing teams in and around us we could potentially finish just below mid table (13th-15th) which would be our 4th highest finish since relegation from the premier league.

Survival is the main goal, however, If we pulled a 13th, 14th or 15th position off then that would be an amazing achievement when you consider we’re playing in Birmingham, no fans and the budget we’ve had to work too.

feeling very optimistic about next season, retention and recruitment will be key this summer. No room for vincenti, kasteneer et al signings with our budget. Need to kick on and try and break into the top 10-12.

PUSB

shmmeee

Here’s another: if we concede only one more goal this season, it’ll be our best ever defensive record in The Championship (third best at this level, but the first two were in the old First Division)

hill83

We're we just shit before or conditioned to expect to be shit after years of doing nothing in the Premier League. I don't remember as much whinging back then.
I've been disappointed with a lot of this season, but have I been conditioned to expect success over the last few years now, which is causing the whinging?

Edit: Sounds like an extremely convoluted telegraph headline

To me it just feels like we are a totally different prospect from back then when happy to not lose most of the time.

Last edited:

rob9872

We're we just shit before or conditioned to expect to be shit after years of doing nothing in the Premier League. I don't remember as much whinging back then.
I've been disappointed with a lot of this season, but have I been conditioned to expect success over the last few years now, which is causing the whinging?

Edit: Sounds like an extremely convoluted telegraph headline

To me it just feels like we are a totally different prospect from back then when happy to not lose most of the time.
Totally agree, Certainly continuing on an upward trajectory which is why imo it was so crucial we stayed up this season. I know we're not there yet, but in order to keep the momentum of being at the Ricoh, higher number of fans etc that we have continued progress and maintain the league status. About the 4th consecutive season we've had something to celebrate at the end of improvement (could even argue 5th with the Checkatrade and changing regime despite the relegation).

SeaSeeEffCee

I'm basing this purely off memory but it felt like we used to do the same thing every year where we'd start really strongly and then utterly collapse after Christmas and barely pick up another point. Meant that despite constantly finishing 17th we were never under that much threat of relegation in most seasons and there was always early season optimism that we were going to do well.

steve cooper

I'm basing this purely off memory but it felt like we used to do the same thing every year where we'd start really strongly and then utterly collapse after Christmas and barely pick up another point. Meant that despite constantly finishing 17th we were never under that much threat of relegation in most seasons and there was always early season optimism that we were going to do well.
It's strange how MR has turned our late season form on its head, in L2 a late spurt into the playoffs and then the glorious semi and final games. Last season our results from Christmas onwards were phenomenal, and now this season's late run (hopefully it continues)

rob9872

Yep - people used to say we come down with the decorations. I think when we beat Liverpool just before Christmas we went 2nd or 3rd one season in the prem and I remember another where we were top after approx 4 or 5 games until we let in an early goal away and started singing "top for a minute, we were top for a minute" in usual City gallows humour.

rob9872

It's strange how MR has turned our late season form on its head, in L2 a late spurt into the playoffs and then the glorious semi and final games. Last season our results from Christmas onwards were phenomenal, and now this season's late run (hopefully it continues)
He's also kept our head above water consistently. I could be wrong but don't think we've actually slipped into the bottom 3 all season or if we have only temporarily until we caught our game up.

skybluetony176

If we finish 16th it’ll be the best ever league position under Sisu and the first time they’ve moved us forward relative to where they took us over.
When I first read that I thought that can’t be right, surely we did better when Coleman was here and SISU splashed the cash in the early days. Yet...

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I thought of us as quite literally a fair weather team.

Sunny summer, early autumn tended to do well then when the nights drew in and it got cold we went to absolute pieces. The April time when it warmed up and the days got longer we put on a spurt to avoid relegation.

Still maintain if football had been a summer sport Cov would've been going for trophies!

wingy

I thought of us as quite literally a fair weather team.

Sunny summer, early autumn tended to do well then when the nights drew in and it got cold we went to absolute pieces. The April time when it warmed up and the days got longer we put on a spurt to avoid relegation.

Still maintain if football had been a summer sport Cov would've been going for trophies!
As we're an innovative team,well history tells us that,how about the first team to play in full length thermal leggings,sleeves,gloves and bobble hats.
Or something waterproof.
Heated boots maybe?🤔😊

Users who are viewing this thread