Stockdale/Burge (1 Viewer)

robbiethemole

he had time and height to catch the fucker, not try to punch it. Don't even offer him a new cotract ffs, get someone new in

Gint11

What I find truly bizarre with Burge is he does the difficult things well but then cocks up what looks like bread and butter stuff.

larry_david

Yep it's becoming clear now he'll be off. Firstly I think we were disappointed but now, I reckon mutually we all know it's for the best

Gint11

If we end up at Birmingham for a while then it might give us a better chance of getting Stockdale ha

Esoterica

'Great to see your lack of knowledge is not restricted to politics'

Well done Grendel. Exactly the kind of negative and snide remark that I would expect of you - whilst others are enjoying a sensational away performance. I see you now as the type of fan who would much prefer to see the team lose so you can put the boot in.
Not a peep out of him on the match thread during the game until the 41st minute when Burge fucked up.

Grendel

It’s amazing how people intently follow my every word on here

Evo1883

I think his time is up here , too static from set pieces , too static in general , poor at the basics but a decent shot stopper .

Need to look elsewhere for next season

speedie87

I’ve always defended burge on the basis he has always been our best option out of the keepers we have.

His biggest weakness I think is he seems quite a nervous keeper which I hoped he’d grow out of. However I think it put himself under pressure with the contract situation and trying to impress other clubs which has really affected this game since Xmas

itsabuzzard

'Great to see your lack of knowledge is not restricted to politics'

Well done Grendel. Exactly the kind of negative and snide remark that I would expect of you - whilst others are enjoying a sensational away performance. I see you now as the type of fan who would much prefer to see the team lose so you can put the boot in.
It might just be me, but I thought it was quite a funny remark. Don't know if Grendel made it with tongue in cheek, but even if he didn't I'd hope that Mucca would take it with amusement.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Grendel

It might just be me, but I thought it was quite a funny remark. Don't know if Grendel made it with tongue in cheek, but even if he didn't I'd hope that Mucca would take it with amusement.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

He liked it. People really need to get some perspective

CCFCSteve

Burge has fucked it I think. He or his agent appear to have been putting noises about championship clubs, most likely to get a better offer here, then he gets shown up by a better keeper which Robins has obviously noted and then comes in and makes another mistake leading to a goal. He can't be on much here but I'd never be offering him more than he's on at the moment, probably a wage reduction with an experienced backup in mind. He'd improved a lot but is regressing into old habits more and more as the weeks go by.

Agreed. Thought he looked like a different keeper up this season (more assured) until Walsall away (or at least that’s the game that sticks in my mind), then the stuff about not signing a contract, negative fan reaction, few mistakes and back to square one. Shame as he’s a great shot stopper, always concerned about concentration and crosses though.

Users who are viewing this thread