Stockdale/Burge (2 Viewers)

pastythegreat

Yeah fuck off Burge with your two goal-saving saves in the last 5 minutes
They were basic saves. 1st one ce after he should of collected the cross in the 1st place and the second one he was lying on the floor and it was hit straight at him.
Come on, have some fucking self worth. If you're happy floating around L1 then keep sucking off a half arsed keeper performance.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

PVA

It was going underneath him and he reacted to stop it. It was a bad miss but it was still a decent save.

If it had been Stockdale you would have all been creaming your pants about how good a save it was and how amazing Stockdale is.

Grendel

He’s rubbish

Cavan O'Doherty

That first goal wouldn’t have happened if it was Stockdale. 2 saves you’d expect him to make, one of which was hit straight at him.

Nick

Administrator
The desperation to slag him off is even weirder.

He'll be at a better/higher placed club than us next season and good luck to him.
My desperation is to win games, we have less chance with him in goal.

The defence looks completely different with him, he has no idea what to do from set pieces.

I notice you didn't say playing at a better club. Let him go and sit on the bench somewhere

chiefdave

I'm all for replacing Burge if we can get a better keeper. There's little value in making a like for like swap or ending up with O'Brien.

Can we afford to get Stockdale or similar in on a permanent basis? You're talking about an experienced keeper with Premier League and Championship experience. Even assuming he wanted to sign how much more would his wage be than Burge is on and where else in the squad do we make a saving to free up the cash?

stevefloyd

I'm all for replacing Burge if we can get a better keeper. There's little value in making a like for like swap or ending up with O'Brien.

Can we afford to get Stockdale or similar in on a permanent basis? You're talking about an experienced keeper with Premier League and Championship experience. Even assuming he wanted to sign how much more would his wage be than Burge is on and where else in the squad do we make a saving to free up the cash?
Chaplin

pastythegreat

It was going underneath him and he reacted to stop it. It was a bad miss but it was still a decent save.

If it had been Stockdale you would have all been creaming your pants about how good a save it was and how amazing Stockdale is.
If it was Stockdale he'd of taken the cross in the 1st place, the 1st save from Collins wouldn't of been needed because he's already nullified the threat, then you'd be here saying how can we say Stockdale had a good game as he had fuck all to do

pastythegreat

The desperation to slag him off is even weirder.

He'll be at a better/higher placed club than us next season and good luck to him.
Do you still believe in the Easter bunny and Santa Clause?

rob9872

Brilliant, thanks for that.
If Burge catches the header we win 0-1.

Cheers Burge
Nah they'd have kept going until it came a different way. So on top at that point. We didn't start playing until we conceded.

steveo1987

Bog standard Burge performance.Howler for the goal,flaps around at set pieces,puts defenders in trouble by trying to move the ball quickly,defense has no confidence in him and of course two fairly good saves at the end.Like I said,a bog standard performance

pastythegreat

Bog standard Burge performance.Howler for the goal,flaps around at set pieces,puts defenders in trouble by trying to move the ball quickly,defense has no confidence in him and of course two fairly good saves at the end.Like I said,a bog standard performance
Cracks you up really.
He stood in the area with the ball at his feet to run down the clock, then picks the ball up and hurriedly bowls it out to Sterling who was under pressure. What was the fucking point?!?!

steveo1987

Cracks you up really.
He stood in the area with the ball at his feet to run down the clock, then picks the ball up and hurriedly bowls it out to Sterling who was under pressure. What was the fucking point?!?!

Absolutely..I'm all for moving the ball out of defense but not like hot potato

Brighton Sky Blue

Well for once another team failed to take a myriad of sitters, largely gifted by a static defence which was slow to react to a predictable-as-fuck free kick routine. No excuses for Burge pushing the ball into the goal, the only question is who do you blame for allowing the freebies in the first place. Burge for not organising his defence, or the defenders themselves for standing gormless. Either way it's about time another side dropped points for poor finishing.

Gibbo

He just didn't look confident at any point. And that buggers up the defence as much as his mistakes

torchomatic

We were behind the goal and i happened to record their goal. Burge messed up again. He was lucky as my piss poor videoing skills forgives him a little.

stevefloyd

Not sticking up for him but after seeingva decent keeper in goal for us he was gonna be on a hiding to nothing whatever he done but he duly obliged

pastythegreat

Not sticking up for him but after seeingva decent keeper in goal for us he was gonna be on a hiding to nothing whatever he done but he duly obliged
Your right, I've never been a fan of Burge. As a former keeper myself (granted, nowhere near L1 level but still) I've always watched his positional play and thought how shit it is. I've always praised him when he's done something well or had a good game but I tend to jump on his slightest mistakes.

With that said though, he just isn't improving as a GK at all. His reaction saves have always been good, but that is the only attribute of a GK he has. He can't catch, he doesn't talk to defenders, he doesn't patrol his area, his erratic when he has the ball, his distribution is poor at best. With nearly 150 games under his belt he's one of the most experienced players in our team atm, you wouldn't think that though if you were watching him for the 1st time.

I think I (like many others) was waiting for him to make a mistake today so I could jump on him. But it was never a case of IF he would make a mistake, just a case of when it would happen. It's inevitable.

Winny the Bish

This is the thing: why is it too much to ask for our number 1 goalkeeper to be able to claim crosses?

Stockdale is currently stuck in the Birmingham U23s, he's not some incredible, hidden gem goalkeeper yet he came in and made Burge look like a non-leaguer. We shouldn't be settling for a goalkeeper that can't command his area. Get rid in the summer and use the wages on a keeper who potentially can do that. Easy.

PVA

Brilliant, thanks for that.
If Burge catches the header we win 0-1.

Cheers Burge

This is bollocks. Football doesn't work like that and you know it.

If you want to play that game then how about if the defender doesn't lose his man at the corner then we win the game. Don't hear anyone giving the defender (was it Hyam? Not sure) dogs abuse.

Nick

Administrator

If you want to play that game then how about if the defender doesn't lose his man at the corner then we win the game. Don't hear anyone giving the defender (was it Hyam? Not sure) dogs abuse.

It wasn't Hyam.

If Burge commands his area and catches the basics then we win a lot more games. I am not expecting him to be tipping things round the post in the top corner and being world class.

Just the basics.

Grendel

Why would you offer Burge another deal? In the end he’s not improved several aspects of his game at all and has had more opportunities than any other keeper I can remember to do so.

He breeds zero confidence in the back 4, he never looks comfortable off his like and his ability to distribute well is non existent.

The idea he’s some kind of genius at stopping shots is a myth created because he does oddly make some saves and is used to mitigate failings in other areas.

He’s poor and we need to try another alternative

PVA

It wasn't Hyam.

If Burge commands his area and catches the basics then we win a lot more games. I am not expecting him to be tipping things round the post in the top corner and being world class.

Just the basics.

Yes. But you can apply that to just about every player in the squad.

Eg if Chaplin/Hiwula/Thomas finish more of their chances we win a lot more games

Users who are viewing this thread