Still fuming (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Normally Mr positive but that's the worst coventry performance for a couple years in my eyes , lack of effort , desire and willing to try and win that game of football against a shocking birmingham team , that has all but ended our aspirations of a playoff spot.

Not just today , but preston , Cardiff, Southampton first half , just fucking wank .. if you don't want to sweat blood for this badge fuck off to another club frankly .. seen too many players over the years pick up a wage that couldn't give a shit to not vent when I see players pondering through 90 like that yesterday .

There is losing and then there's that

Fuming is an understatement and week ruined

pusbccfc

Don't worry mate, we've got bigger fish to fry.

I'm spending my day planning which of my regular boozers I'll be attending next Sunday at the home of world football. ☀️😎

covboy9

Brum had to win simple as that

did our lads turn it in with one eye on Wembley? Yes

is play off run over yes? We’ve been a nearly side this season that turned it around after an abysmal start

improve squad and next season we’ll be better

I get your anger but remember the dark days this isn’t one of them

TomRad85

Normally Mr positive but that's the worst coventry performance for a couple years in my eyes , lack of effort , desire and willing to try and win that game of football against a shocking birmingham team , that has all but ended our aspirations of a playoff spot.

Not just today , but preston , Cardiff, Southampton first half , just fucking wank .. if you don't want to sweat blood for this badge fuck off to another club frankly .. seen too many players over the years pick up a wage that couldn't give a shit to not vent when I see players pondering through 90 like that yesterday .

As I said in the match thread, it was a performance that reminded me of the dark Championship years. Gutless, useless, pathetic.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

skybluecam

Eh I’m over it. As you say we’ve been running out of steam for a while, think it’s clear to see why when the squad is stretched in certain areas. Yesterday was the result of having two extremely tough games in the 7 days before and players minds being on the cup semi.

I’m looking forward to Sunday and then next season, I think it could be a great one.

shepardo01

@Evo1883 - same as - a very worrying performance yesterday - as were Robins post match comments...
Posted this on the match thread after someone said, it's ok, we won't play like that next week...;
Not so sure. Confidence is key....
We are going into the game off the back of 3 defeats in the last four.
A confident side goes out and plays without fear and confident they can compete.
Currently we'll be scared to make telling passes and mistakes and that will be a recipe for disaster against United.
You can't just switch things like this on and off.....

Evo1883

It’s a bit of an over reaction. This is football. You lose games. You have periods of poor form. Everyone quoting this run conveniently throws in Cardiff/Saints/Brum. What about Leeds?

We've lost 3 in the last 4 , and showed up for 1 game in a playoff battle ..

Unacceptable , and I'm sure Robins will be saying the same to them

Evo1883

It's the manner of it again for me. Just weak and lack of fight. Where is the leadership on the pitch? Needs reviewing I think. To lose 3 out of 4 games at this stage of the season when on the verge of playoffs is pathetic.

I think we have every right to feel frustrated.

I'm properly fuming , feel like they didn't give a fuck on that pitch

pusbccfc

We also have to accept that Birmingham were very, very good yesterday.

It's similar to how Leeds must have felt against us last week. A tough place to go against a side that wanted it more on the day.

SeaSeeEffCee

We haven’t been good enough for a while now. Turn up for games like Leeds and Wolves and then throw in horrendous performances against the likes of Cardiff, Birmingham and Preston. Even a few of the games we’ve won recently we didn’t play well like Huddersfield and Watford.

The Sakamoto injury and lack of cover killed our chances of the play-offs really. We’ve been able to muddle by for the most part and ground out a few wins in some of the aforementioned games but just seems like too big an ask for us this year.

A disappointing end to the season but there is enough promise in this team to look forward to next year and I’m confident that we’ll make some decent signings in the summer too. More annoyed that recent games have put a real dampener on the semi for me. Just hope we don’t embarrass ourselves on the big stage.

Otis

It's similar to how Leeds must have felt against us last week. A tough place to go against a side that wanted it more on the day.
Yup and this is how cup upsets happen.

Seemingly, Brum had more determination, more fight and more desire.

Had we gone a goal up, I think it would have been a completely different game.

I don't think yesterday will have any bearing at all on how we play next week.

A whole new ball game.

Covkid1968#

Fed up of having my Blue nose mates taking the piss. But we move on… will be really interesting to see the response next week. We are on the verge of an FA cup final… that’s what gets me past shite like yesterday.., glad I didn’t go!!

Sky Blue Harry H

Just looked up the 2017/18 season when we finished 6th.

Above us were Exeter and Wycombe, and Accrington won the league (I'd honestly forgotten that!)
Whichever division, you are unlikely to go 46 games without a no-show or two. But yes, be annoyed when that happens. We are still heading the right way from near oblivion, though.

Samo

Attachments

• Vic Handbag.jpg
    Vic Handbag.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 16

SkyBlue_Bear83

Leeds lost 2-1 to us and could have nicked a point if there took the chance in injury time.

I'm sure they were pissed but it's not the same, we got dominated 3-0 by a struggling side and never looked like doing anything for 90 minutes.

If we would have lost 2-1 and missed a great chance to equalise we would still be annoyed but it wouldn't be getting the reaction that yesterdays performance did.

covcity4life

It's the manner of it again for me. Just weak and lack of fight. Where is the leadership on the pitch? Needs reviewing I think. To lose 3 out of 4 games at this stage of the season when on the verge of playoffs is pathetic.

I think we have every right to feel frustrated.
No doubt. I think both sides of this are correct

Short term every right to be fuming

Long term every right to be optimistic still

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Leeds lost 2-1 to us and could have nicked a point if there took the chance in injury time.

I'm sure they were pissed but it's not the same, we got dominated 3-0 by a struggling side and never looked like doing anything for 90 minutes.

If we would have lost 2-1 and missed a great chance to equalise we would still be annoyed but it wouldn't be getting the reaction that yesterdays performance did.

agree completely. There was absolutely nothing in yesterday that was positive. We looked limp and devoid of any interest or even token effort.

Even our fans were shit. The Twitter brigade spent all week baiting Birmingham and Man Utd fans making us pathetic and then our fans stood in silence for 90 mins. Funny as some of our fans claim our support is wonderful, it’s silence when the players need us or a kick up the arse.

Another fucking own goal, another shocking performance from Brad Collins who managed to make himself as small as possible for the third brum goal, another anonymous Haji Shite and Torp performance.

Still pissed off big time.

alexccfc99

agree completely. There was absolutely nothing in yesterday that was positive. We looked limp and devoid of any interest or even token effort.

Even our fans were shit. The Twitter brigade spent all week baiting Birmingham and Man Utd fans making us pathetic and then our fans stood in silence for 90 mins. Funny as some of our fans claim our support is wonderful, it’s silence when the players need us or a kick up the arse.

Another fucking own goal, another shocking performance from Brad Collins who managed to make himself as small as possible for the third brum goal, another anonymous Haji Shite and Torp performance.

Away end was shite yesterday - spent more time singing about them than they did us then after they went 1-0 up we had nothing

I don't like them but I'll sing about my own side before I goad them

pusbccfc

You expect the atmosphere to be good yesterday? 😂😂

Evo1883

Why do our fans sing

You're in my seat

Like they're funny , also why do our fans sing football in a library literally right after the home team have been singing , are they thick ?

pusbccfc

Why do our fans sing

You're in my seat

Like they're funny , also why do our fans sing football in a library literally right after the home team have been singing , are they thick ?

When it was sung yesterday it's was eerily silent

Users who are viewing this thread