Still fuming (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

It was silent from kick off. I see the excuses are out for the fantastic SBA that only sing when we’re winning. Really poor considering how many fans wanted to tickets.

We were losing all game Tuesday and it was excellent.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

We were losing all game Tuesday and it was excellent.

I agree but there’s too many occasions this season our fans haven’t lived up to the billing of the last couple of seasons and then blamed the performance.

There’s certain big mouthes on Twitter that were giving Brum fans shit all week long about empty seats, shit atmosphere, this is your cup final etc, making us look really small time, that then stood in total silence from kick off and left early. If you give it the big one about how great your atmosphere is…

pusbccfc

I agree but there’s too many occasions this season our fans haven’t lived up to the billing of the last couple of seasons and then blamed the performance.

There’s certain big mouthes on Twitter that were giving Brum fans shit all week long about empty seats, shit atmosphere, this is your cup final etc, making us look really small time, that then stood in total silence from kick off and left early. If you give it the big one about how great your atmosphere is…

Maybe we shouldn't care too much what 5/6 vocal idiots on twitter think mate. We know who they are. The cup final shite was clearly tongue in cheek because we hear it every week.

Warwickhunt

Well if Manure coaches were watching that display then we have given a total sense of security in them reaching the FA cup final. Brilliant ploy city don't know how we totally managed to get every singe player to play without any desire to win?

As they say don't poke a sleeping bear!

If we play with the same desire as the Birmingham had to beat us yesterday we will give Manure a run for their money🤞🤞🤞

Brighton Sky Blue

Normally Mr positive but that's the worst coventry performance for a couple years in my eyes , lack of effort , desire and willing to try and win that game of football against a shocking birmingham team , that has all but ended our aspirations of a playoff spot.

Not just today , but preston , Cardiff, Southampton first half , just fucking wank .. if you don't want to sweat blood for this badge fuck off to another club frankly .. seen too many players over the years pick up a wage that couldn't give a shit to not vent when I see players pondering through 90 like that yesterday .

There is losing and then there's that

Fuming is an understatement and week ruined
We've seen a few brilliant displays this season, a few nightmares and a lot of pretty unconvincing ones. Yesterday is unforgivable for me, that survival means that much more to a shit Birmingham side than a shot at the playoffs means to our lot. Because that's the only way you can turn in such a bad performance.

Better put in one hell of a game next Sunday

Tommo1993

It’s not just 3 points dropped against relegation fodder, it’s another point dropped when some cunts called it “Stans”.

no_loyalty

We've seen a few brilliant displays this season, a few nightmares and a lot of pretty unconvincing ones. Yesterday is unforgivable for me, that survival means that much more to a shit Birmingham side than a shot at the playoffs means to our lot. Because that's the only way you can turn in such a bad performance.

Better put in one hell of a game next Sunday
If we lose next Sunday, all we have to look forward to are end of season dead rubber games.

Brighton Sky Blue

If we lose next Sunday, all we have to look forward to are end off season dead rubber games.
That's a big part of the frustration for me, we should be going into the last games still in contention for an interesting finish. Now because of these clownish performances they're an irrelevance at best and a nuisance at worst.

Not that you could sense any disappointment from the players, they were having a fun time at the final whistle

Captain_Slackbladder

We also have to accept that Birmingham were very, very good yesterday.

It's similar to how Leeds must have felt against us last week. A tough place to go against a side that wanted it more on the day.
Leeds competed against us though and we had our backs to the wall, Birmingham were in cruise control

Sky Blue Harry H

If Birmingham are soon to come into a shed load of money from their Yank brigade(don't know how much will be spent on players) we should have been doing everything possible to get them relegated, as they could be a competitor for the play offs next year (don't think they will be, but not impossible). Even if we had beaten them but missed the play offs ourselves, relegating them could have done us a favour for next season.

Sky Blue Harry H

That's a big part of the frustration for me, we should be going into the last games still in contention for an interesting finish. Now because of these clownish performances they're an irrelevance at best and a nuisance at worst.

Not that you could sense any disappointment from the players, they were having a fun time at the final whistle
A bit harsh - Cardiff beat us with 2 flukes, and despite our first half against Saints - at least one of their goals should have been ruled out, and our pen miss was unfortunate. Only the Birmingham game has been clownish imo.

Brighton Sky Blue

A bit harsh - Cardiff beat us with 2 flukes, and despite our first half against Saints - at least one of their goals should have been ruled out, and our pen miss was unfortunate. Only the Birmingham game has been clownish imo.
That Cardiff performance went downhill almost straight after taking the lead. Southampton performance first half was very weak too and Robins agreed with as much. Yesterday was on another level to those.

Credit to Simms throughout both games this week in continuing to fight hard unlike his colleagues. The rest should be ashamed of their displays to be honest.

Sky Blue Harry H

That Cardiff performance went downhill almost straight after taking the lead. Southampton performance first half was very weak too and Robins agreed with as much. Yesterday was on another level to those.

Credit to Simms throughout both games this week in continuing to fight hard unlike his colleagues. The rest should be ashamed of their displays to be honest.
I actually think Simms might be our most important player against United, Asides from the fact that I want us to hassle Fernandes all game, I think he needs to make it his mission to hound Maguire all game (a bit like Szmodics did for Blackburn at Leeds) Get in his face and find his inner Duncan Ferguson.

Hobo

You can't judge any side on one performance. But I am sure Mark Robins and Adi Viveash will have learnt something about the team and individuals after the last few games. Too many living of the Wolves result.

Need to see a response now, not just next week but until the end of the season.

SBT

You can't judge any side on one performance. But I am sure Mark Robins and Adi Viveash will have learnt something about the team and individuals after the last few games.
I wouldn’t ask Robins about this though…

Brighton Sky Blue

I actually think Simms might be our most important player against United, Asides from the fact that I want us to hassle Fernandes all game, I think he needs to make it his mission to hound Maguire all game (a bit like Szmodics did for Blackburn at Leeds) Get in his face and find his inner Duncan Ferguson.
I agree. If he brings his shooting boots I back him to cause a few problems.

Adge

Normally Mr positive but that's the worst coventry performance for a couple years in my eyes , lack of effort , desire and willing to try and win that game of football against a shocking birmingham team , that has all but ended our aspirations of a playoff spot.

Not just today , but preston , Cardiff, Southampton first half , just fucking wank .. if you don't want to sweat blood for this badge fuck off to another club frankly .. seen too many players over the years pick up a wage that couldn't give a shit to not vent when I see players pondering through 90 like that yesterday .

There is losing and then there's that

Fuming is an understatement and week ruined
Week ruined? Blimey-that’s taking it to extremes. It’s a game of football that we lost. There is another one next week.

robbiethemole

It's a crap end to the League season, and people keep saying 'next season', BUT what if it's no better and we crash and this is as good as it gets??

shmmeee

Team full of bottlers TBH. No one in the Fadz, Kelly, Godden roles on the pitch.

Summer we need experience at CM and CB and posssible ST too. Get some winners in.

Brighton Sky Blue

Team full of bottlers TBH. No one in the Fadz, Kelly, Godden roles on the pitch.

Summer we need experience at CM and CB and posssible ST too. Get some winners in.
More likely to be younger players who make mistakes for a few seasons before coming good

shmmeee

We do need experience tho. We’re going to lose a lot of itbeith Fadz gone and Godden, Kelly, Moore, maybe even Bidwell going this summer.

Robinshio

Watching Liverpool it is a very similar performance. Also look at spurs and rangers this weekend
It happens
Let’s look forward to next week

Chris1987

It's a crap end to the League season, and people keep saying 'next season', BUT what if it's no better and we crash and this is as good as it gets??
That's a knee jerkingly negative way to look at things. There are many more reasons to thing that next season the team will be stronger than not.

Adge

It's not just a game of football , something my Mrs would say
We were all deflated watching and after the performance somewhat, but there are more important things. We went to the effort of creating accounts and going in the home end to watch us capitulate. I was as miffed as the next man last night but have moved on. Put your focus on Sundays occasion 👍

Users who are viewing this thread