Still fuming (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

I think the repercussions of Sako's injury (and the inability to get Clark this season and not waiting until next) are really hitting home now. Yeah, yesterday was disappointing but its football, it happens. At the moment it's happening to Liverpool, Atlanta pissed all over them midweek and Palace look like scoring with every counter-attack today.

Brum, Preston and Cardiff were the lows but we've had highs as well (Leicester, Leeds, Wolves).

Next season we need a fast start. We're overdue for that, granted that Wasps screwed us with the pitch fiasco. I actually hope we don't get a truckload of players in because it will take time for them to adapt to our style of playing and/or pace of the Championship, and that could lead to another slow start which again costs us.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Can't see what all the fuss is about. We're top 8 in a semi final for the first time in 37 years. I went to the last semi, which I still remember so next week memories will be made that will last a lifetime.

Was yesterday rubbish? Yep. Do I wish I'd saved my money and listened on the radio? Nope.

I dont care what the doomsters say, players don't go out to not give 100% and to lose a game. Yesterday wasn't our day. How many performances have we had like that over the last few years? A handful, at most. Compared to the great games this club has given us over the last five years, it's nothing, it's gone.

All those that are borderline suicidal need to get a grip.

And, all those that booed at the end of the game can fuck right off.

shmmeee

Can't see what all the fuss is about. We're top 8 in a semi final for the first time in 37 years. I went to the last semi, which I still remember so next week memories will be made that will last a lifetime.

Was yesterday rubbish? Yep. Do I wish I'd saved my money and listened on the radio? Nope.

I dont care what the doomsters say, players don't go out to not give 100% and to lose a game. Yesterday wasn't our day. How many performances have we had like that over the last few years? A handful, at most. Compared to the great games this club has given us over the last five years, it's nothing, it's gone.

All those that are borderline suicidal need to get a grip.

And, all those that booed at the end of the game can fuck right off.

Agree with a lot of this Torch, but we’ve probably had three of the worst performances I can remember under Robins from this squad. There’s definitely something lacking mentally that needs rectifying in the summer.

torchomatic

Agree with a lot of this Torch, but we’ve probably had three of the worst performances I can remember under Robins from this squad. There’s definitely something lacking mentally that needs rectifying in the summer.
Would agree with that too. This week I've travelled down to Southampton and then Brum yesterday and seen two terrible performances, at least in the first half at Southampton. It's a shame that we're doing the total opposite of this time last year when we surged into the top six. Maybe we will see more wholesale changes than we realise. Yet the team yesterday was the team who cam from behind to beat a top ten Premiership side.

I do believe that the Cup has been a distraction for the players, and for supporters, and in a way I'll be glad when the SF is over.

We can be assured though that Robins and Adi won't just accept these performances.

shmmeee

Would agree with that too. This week I've travelled down to Southampton and then Brum yesterday and seen two terrible performances, at least in the first half at Southampton. It's a shame that we're doing the total opposite of this time last year when we surged into the top six. Maybe we will see more wholesale changes than we realise. Yet the team yesterday was the team who cam from behind to beat a top ten Premiership side.

I do believe that the Cup has been a distraction for the players, and for supporters, and in a way I'll be glad when the SF is over.

We can be assured though that Robins and Adi won't just accept these performances.

100%

I think we’ve got a natural point to bring in some experienced characters around the dressing room withiutbtoo much upheaval. An experienced CB, CM, GK who were of the right quality would have made all the difference this season. Take the Kelly, Moore and Godden wages and get it done IMO

torchomatic

100%

I think we’ve got a natural point to bring in some experienced characters around the dressing room withiutbtoo much upheaval. An experienced CB, CM, GK who were of the right quality would have made all the difference this season. Take the Kelly, Moore and Godden wages and get it done IMO
We definitely need a new goalie, both Collins and Wilson make me nervous and are too inconsistent. An experienced CB is also a must.

skybluecb

For me it's Sheaf, he is key. If he doesn't play or has a bad game then we are rubbish. He was subbed against Leeds, I thought he had gone off injured. He plays at Southampton and Brum and is none existent (carrying a knock maybe), we lose both games. We don't want to lose him this summer.

torchomatic

For me it's Sheaf, he is key. If he doesn't play or has a bad game then we are rubbish. He was subbed against Leeds, I thought he had gone off injured. He plays at Southampton and Brum and is none existent (carrying a knock maybe), we lose both games. We don't want to lose him this summer.

Yes, if Shweaf and/or Eccles are below par then the whole team suffers. They've both been pretty hopeless for the last two away games.

blunted

I get really upset when we lose especially in that manner to a local rival who have been royally shit all season and could still go down. Blues fans have absolutely nothing to crow about. Just look at the final table. Their genius owners will probably fuck them up again. See clubs who build a new stadium nearly always suffer for years after.
Doug King wanted a cup run and he got it. Unfortunately, it was at the expense of a playoff place. We just don't have the squad to be able to fire in both competitions. We were mentally and physically tired with the players having one eye on Wembley. No one wanted to get injured or sent off.
There is a weird statistic I read that said when teams played Russell Martin's Swansea, they almost always lost their next match (as players were always chasing possession). Assume the same with Southampton.
After yet another successful season (albeit one of transition), we have the usual meltdown when we lose a few matches. Saddos.

Happy_Martian

Very disappointing end to the season. Playoffs all but gone. Fan enthusiasm has diminished quicker than our goal threat.

If any player thought they were guaranteed to be in the Wembley squad, that idea should be knocked out of their head.

Tomorrow, training starts with a plain tactics board. Players have a week to sort themselves out in training and let MR and AV choose the best and those who show they want it on the training pitch.

The Philosopher

One thing that lets this side down is the total lack of ability with a dead ball.

Throw ins? We’ve always been poor and the ball often gets turned over. Why hasn’t this been addressed in coaching?

Corners and wide free kicks? Wasted more often than not. Hamer was an exception to the rule but the corner taking early season (Eccles) was atrocious and JDS yesterday was a comedy act. We’ve more chance of being hit on the break than creating an opportunity. When you’ve got the person most likely on the league of getting you a free kick around the box (probably) in C OH then why on earth aren’t we setting dead plays better?

Get a set piece coach in.

Happy_Martian

Viktor Johansson would be my choice as a GK

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

He's as accident prone as those two. Remember Simmo's first goal in the home game a couple of weeks ago ? Easy cross, keeper takes the ball but then drops it in front of Simmo.

shepardo01

Tomorrow, training starts with a plain tactics board. Players have a week to sort themselves out in training and let MR and AV choose the best and those who show they want it on the training pitch.
It doesn't - they have been given three days off apparently!

torchomatic

Hobo

Team full of bottlers TBH. No one in the Fadz, Kelly, Godden roles on the pitch.

Summer we need experience at CM and CB and posssible ST too. Get some winners in.

I get your point, but there are good reasons why none of those are on the pitch.

But yes, we need a couple of real gritty winners in at CM and CB. A modern day Terry Yorath and George Curtis respectively.

shmmeee

I get your point, but there are good reasons why none of those are on the pitch.

But yes, we need a couple of real gritty winners in at CM and CB. A modern day Terry Yorath and George Curtis respectively.

Oh they’re just not good enough. But the lack of experience and grit has really shown this season IMO.

Hobo

Oh they’re just not good enough. But the lack of experience and grit has really shown this season IMO.

I think Simms, Sheaf, Eccles and Thomas have potential in that department. For me Kitching gets too easily sucked into petty battles and gets distracted by having his buttons pressed.

It was a shame we missed out on signing James, but understand why he chose Bristol.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

this reminds me of Kermit the frog, for some reason!
Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Hate to break it to you, players have 3 days off, report back for training on Wednesday. 😱

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Hate to break it to you, players have 3 days off, report back for training on Wednesday. 😱
I do think that's too long.

I agree that they need rest, but surely there is stuff they can do which allows them to do that? Watching the tapes of Man U and going through MR's intended tactics. Getting them in for massages etc to help relieve muscles.

Whenever we seem to have given them extra time off they've looked rusty the next gameday.

sotvtoday

Normally Mr positive but that's the worst coventry performance for a couple years in my eyes , lack of effort , desire and willing to try and win that game of football against a shocking birmingham team , that has all but ended our aspirations of a playoff spot.

Not just today , but preston , Cardiff, Southampton first half , just fucking wank .. if you don't want to sweat blood for this badge fuck off to another club frankly .. seen too many players over the years pick up a wage that couldn't give a shit to not vent when I see players pondering through 90 like that yesterday .

There is losing and then there's that

Fuming is an understatement and week ruined
It happens.
Look at the results this weekend - Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester, Leeds, Spurs.
Look at the bigger picture. Top half finish and an FA Cup semi-final in a season when we started badly due to losing our 2 best players for years.

Happy_Martian

It doesn't - they have been given three days off apparently!

Players may have 3 days off. But I'll bet MR and AV are still in the office tomorrow trying to sort things. So I'm part right. Tomorrow there will be a blank tactics board. And hopefully no guaranteed starts. Let them earn the chance to play on the hallowed turf.

Chris1987

Players may have 3 days off. But I'll bet MR and AV are still in the office tomorrow trying to sort things. So I'm part right. Tomorrow there will be a blank tactics board. And hopefully no guaranteed starts. Let them earn the chance to play on the hallowed turf.
They will know their starting 11 now providing no new injuries.

messiahrobins

Dont understand that performance at all. Presumably these players want to be premier league footballers and to that end yesterday was the biggest match of the season as we had to win to stay in the mix. This talk of the players having one eye on the FA Cup makes no sense to me at all unless this group of players feel if the club got promoted most of them will be let go and a whole new squad put together for the PL, in which case, that suggests a squad lacking in belief and ambition.
Robins also dropped a clanger, no reason to drop Eccles in such a big game, it upset the whole balance of the team.
The reality is Man United are going to tear us to pieces next weekend. We do not defend well enough and are the type of team Man Utd like playing.

Users who are viewing this thread