Stay or go (3 Viewers)

torchomatic

Nah, we need to berate people for not funding the club, and for being fair weather twats.

And similarly we need people to tell fans that go they are supporting SISU and delaying CCFC coming back to Cov as they are SISU apologists.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Totally appreciate your position but you're going to attract counter points that you’ve skirted by.

Yes, ownership carries a fair share of blame. But three weeks ago we were party to a PR statement battle (apply pinch of salt here) which uncovered alleged shithousery from the Council, along with Wasps demanding indemnity from possible penalties from any future EC ruling against the sale of the Ricoh. That in itself doesn’t excuse poor ownership (if true as documented) but it does make the move to St. Andrews not acceptable but more understandable.

I’m a firm believer of ‘each to his own’, and dislike opinions paraded as facts. We all have our own opinions and each one should be respected. The line is crossed when we attack each other for them. You didn’t attack anyone, you stated your opinion....and I respect that.
That's a great post. I have every respect for those going to st Andrews, but I decided against it. I have simply shut out Saturdays and tried getting on with other things so as not to miss it too much, because I've been going for so long it's a strange feeling now. I just hope we get back next season or at least get some serious progress towards a new stadium, though I doubt that will happen .

GaryJones

I would try it at St Andrews even if it’s just the once - then you can judge how you feel - go on you know you want to!!
Saturday was a great day out - we were all there to support the team and management and enjoy watching our team.
Don’t deny yourself the pleasure.

Sky Blue Harry H

So with 3,000 season tickets, 1,000 away fans, x amount of matchday packages sold, start of season optimism.....I am not so impressed with yesterdays 6,500 now.

A lot will have been on their hols, too. Why have you got to pour scorn on what was a bloody decent turnout of City fans? No need. If you don't feel able to go, fair enough, but there's no need to knock the numbers that do. You obviously care about City, otherwise you wouldn't come on here, but show it in a positive way, surely? Not having a go, as I gave your previous post a like !!

Last edited:

ccfcway

I would try it at St Andrews even if it’s just the once - then you can judge how you feel - go on you know you want to!!
Saturday was a great day out - we were all there to support the team and management and enjoy watching our team.
Don’t deny yourself the pleasure.

It was like an away game, but less of a “them v us feeling”, more of a “a few of them v us” feeling.

By all means try it, but in my opinion, proper away games are better and we didn’t do enough yesterday to express annoyance that we weren’t in Coventry

GaryJones

I thought it was louder than the Ricoh even though we only had about half the attendance we would have had at the Ricoh!
Great atmosphere I thought.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Yes, but attendances could drop to 2 or 3,000 in Brum. There were a lot of cash paying customers yesterday from the length of certain queues, so a lot of last minute decisions even for yesterdays gate.
I think beyond this season attendances will drop if there is no further progress on the Ricoh/ new stadium.
However, as has been pointed out , many are on holiday, and importantly I can't think of any other club ( please put me right someone) that has had such a crisis of ownership/ stadium for the length of time as us. Thinking of Brighton , Wimbledon, Charlton, Portsmouth and the current crises at Bolton and bury. Other clubs have had points deductions/administration like us but I can't think of a club that's endured mismanagement from owners as long as us and yet we get over 5,000 at a ground in another city. That's incredible under the circumstances. It may not seem a massive number compared to the likes of Portsmouth or Sunderland nor Blackpool's opening gate but it does indicate a basic groundswell of support that is still bigger than some clubs' home gates in the division. Not easy to estimate what we'd be getting had we been at the Ricoh but I think it's fairly clear it would be more than last season . A real shame.

Last edited:

DionDublinsJockstrap

I speak as someone who never set foot in Sixfields. It is different this time round.
Sixfields was SISU stopping paying the rental - this time round blame is far more nuanced.
St Andrews is a proper ground
Mark Robins is doing a great job and deserves our support
Fantastic atmosphere yesterday.
I didn’t here a single moan from the stands
Pitch allowed us to play a really good passing game
Play up Sky Blues

Sky Blue Harry H

It was like an away game, but less of a “them v us feeling”, more of a “a few of them v us” feeling.

By all means try it, but in my opinion, proper away games are better and we didn’t do enough yesterday to express annoyance that we weren’t in Coventry

I think the vast majority understand the circumstances, want to support the team first and foremost, and don't want to unsettle the players. I didn't particularly enjoy the anti SISU songs during games at The Ricoh (although I concur with the sentiments) and think it will feel even more toxic at The Trillion. It is most likely to be trotted out when we are losing, which is unlikely to 'help' the team. It doesn't make a jot of practical difference in my opinion and sours the matchday experience. That said, I am all for supporting something that is effective in changing our circumstances.

Last edited:

ccfcway

I speak as someone who never set foot in Sixfields. It is different this time round.
Sixfields was SISU stopping paying the rental - this time round blame is far more nuanced.
St Andrews is a proper ground
Mark Robins is doing a great job and deserves our support
Fantastic atmosphere yesterday.
I didn’t here a single moan from the stands
Pitch allowed us to play a really good passing game
Play up Sky Blues

Dont disagree with any of that. How long would you be happy with it ?

Skybluefaz

I've got my ST, couldn't make it yesterday. I just want to know what the plan to get back is. Not sure I'll get one next season if we're not told what's going on.

Sky Blue Harry H

I've got my ST, couldn't make it yesterday. I just want to know what the plan to get back is. Not sure I'll get one next season if we're not told what's going on.

If you pm me, I'll tell you. One of the stewards told me at half time.

P.S. We won 1-0

Johnnythespider

What should we have done, and who should we have aimed it at ?
My two pennies worth, it pissed all over a day at the Ricoh, should we be in Cov yes, should it be at the Ricoh ? Should it bollocks, would the council allow sisu or indeed any owners to move us to a new stadium in Cov and leave them with a white elephant, would they fuck. If they want us back in Cov they should own up to their balls up and beg, the wankers.

Magwitch

The longer we stay away from Coventry the more perilous our football club will become imo this St Andrews arrangement as welcome as it was under the circumstances won’t be forever, likely one year only what then. Football clubs depend on support and attracting new support where is this new support coming from. it’s likely more regulars will die or become infirm this year than new ones come along.

ccfcway

I think the vast majority understand the circumstances, want to support the team first and foremost, and don't want to unsettle the players. I didn't particularly enjoy the anti SISU songs during games at The Ricoh (although I concur with the sentiments) and think it will feel even more toxic at The Trillion. It is most likely to be trotted out when we are losing, which is unlikely to 'help' the team. It doesn't make a jot of practical difference in my opinion and sours the matchday experience.

It’s a good point and I am not suggesting we protest, more have a “in our Coventry homes” campaign, where we could sing that song constantly before the game and at half time. That song wouldn’t distract from the team but also makes a point. Banners and flags saying “In our Coventry homes”. Surely something the trust would and could get on Board with ?

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

I’d happily stay at brum for 2-3 years it meant finishing wasps off and getting them out of a city that hasn’t or never will accept them.

We can’t really afford to stay away from the RICOH ourselves.

The support was decent against Southend, but another year at St. Andrews and attendances will continue to fall.

clint van damme

I love away games but I always feel like some stupid behaviour is just about happen, and it often does.
Didn't feel that yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread