Stay or go (1 Viewer)

ccfc1234

Look at Bolton and Bury and the mess they arebin right now. The super fans prepared to tour the UK as they are so loyal and dedicated to CCFC don't realise they are putting us on a path to being one of those clubs or at the very least having to sell our best players year on year.
I totally understand the pissed off about not playing in Cov bit, but its a scandal of epic proportions that has been inflicted on our club. Mistakes have been made on all sides historically and SISU are not blameless as they tried to get the Ricoh on the cheap and it backfired. Should it have then resulted in our city being infested with wasps, a London franchise here attempting to Hoover up local fan money?? They are imposters and unless you endorse franchise sporting models, there presence should make you very angry, not least for the fans they turned their backs on in London. We're 20 miles from SA the Ricoh is how far from their historical roots?
As a club we need to stay together and not take the moral high ground as right now in August 2019 it's the wrong approach and will be counterproductive to the success of the club you love so much that you will travel hundreds of miles to see.
Your choice but I hope you can all see where I am coming from and make the decision to raise your voice at home game very soon.

Last edited:

djr8369

Look at Bolton and Bury and the mess they arebin rught now. The super fans prepared to tour the UK as they are so loyal and dedicated to CCFC don't realise they are putting us on a path to being one of those clubs or at the very least having to sell our best players year on year.
I totally understand the pissed off about not playing in Cov bit, but its a scandal of epic proportions that has been inflicted on our club. Mistakes have been made on all sides historically and SISU are not blameless as they tried to get the Ricoh on the cheap and it backfired. Should it have then resulted in our city being infested with wasps, a London franchise here attempting to Hoover up local fan money?? They are imposters and unless you endorse franchise sporting models, there presence should make you very angry, not least for the fans they turned their backs on in London. We're 20 miles from SA the Ricoh is how far from their historical roots?
As a club we need to stay together and not take the moral high ground as right now in August 2019 it's the wrong approach and will be counterproductive to the success of the club you love so much that you will travel hundreds of miles to see.
Your choice but I hope you can all see where I am coming from and make the decision to raise your voice at home game very soon.

Genuinely can’t work out if you are saying people should go to games or stay away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

Fair enough, but people have to realise that the kind of animosity being thrown around is key in all this now. The contempt that is held by people who choose to go, telling us all who won’t go that it’s wrong. Well it’s just another ingredient that helps me to decide that I won’t bother. The aggro seems very one sided this time around, apparently I have no excuse to have the mindset I do and am a shit fan. All I’m saying is why can’t someone make the decision, whatever it is, and be left alone?

covboy1987

Totally agree with you and have a season ticket and went yesterday - However, this has to be a temporary situation and a direction and announcement by the club by Xmas latest or myself like others will start to lose interest - Hand on heart I liked the win but did not really enjoy the experience yesterday probably because our normal routine was all over the place - Tuesday night games and attending is going to be challenging - This complete silence on the future by the club (back to The Ricoh or build a stadium) has to change in my view or support will start to dwindle

Otis

Fair enough, but people have to realise that the kind of animosity being thrown around is key in all this now. The contempt that is held by people who choose to go, telling us all who won’t go that it’s wrong. Well it’s just another ingredient that helps me to decide that I won’t bother. The aggro seems very one sided this time around, apparently I have no excuse to have the mindset I do and am a shit fan.
Yep, if we want people to go, we need to coax and encourage, rather than chastise and criticise.

Last edited:

Hobo

Look at Bolton and Bury and the mess they arebin right now. The super fans prepared to tour the UK as they are so loyal and dedicated to CCFC don't realise they are putting us on a path to being one of those clubs or at the very least having to sell our best players year on year.

SISU are not to blame for everything but have played a massive part.

We are where we are, but as owners it is their responsibility to sort it out and find the solutions.

Poor product and moving from your customer base will test any companies customer loyalty.

I quite enjoyed St Andrews yesterday because it seemed like an away game with a large Coventry following. Poor results and bad weather and it will be a dire experience.

It is not sustainable in the long term and unfortunately I cannot see the situation being quickly resolved.

ccfcway

More fans will go if the club give direction on what future we have

100%. We have been given nothing since the move to Birmingham by way of a road map back to home.

I think the club and all the staff should also be fighting this with their communications. It wouldn’t be difficult to not refer to “home” games, but say “tomorrow’s game in Birmingham” etc. The more language we all use to make it obvious we aren’t accepting this the better.

ccfc1234

Agree with the road map comments. Problem we have is one that our goal is to hope wasps go under or the EU finds in our favour.

The former relies on them seeing no revenue streams from CCFC. Further distressing their accounts.

CCFC clearly want the Ricoh and don't therefore want to build a stadium while their is this a possible chance of this happening.

Hedge funds play the long game and in the circumstances, despite the needs and wants of the fans, who deserve clarity and direction I can't see it happening.

What should we do? Come back home and make the long game longer or maybe play away home games for 2 seasons and get the Ricoh back full time.

To me it's clear this is the end game and I wish Joy would say so actually and it might pick the hornets nest if she did.
Just hoping we win in the EC asap and state aid is paid back and we get compensation for all the sh*t our anti CCFC council has put us through.

covcity4life

Think 2 years of no ccfc at ricoh is noy enough to send wasps under

Also we clearly wnated to do a deal. It was more the legals. Not sure what their plan is tbh

covboy1987

Agree with the road map comments. Problem we have is one that our goal is to hope wasps go under or the EU finds in our favour.

The former relies on them seeing no revenue streams from CCFC. Further distressing their accounts.

CCFC clearly want the Ricoh and don't therefore want to build a stadium while their is this a possible chance of this happening.

Hedge funds play the long game and in the circumstances, despite the needs and wants of the fans, who deserve clarity and direction I can't see it happening.

What should we do? Come back home and make the long game longer or maybe play away home games for 2 seasons and get the Ricoh back full time.

To me it's clear this is the end game and I wish Joy would say so actually and it might pick the hornets nest if she did.
Just hoping we win in the EC asap and state aid is paid back and we get compensation for all the sh*t our anti CCFC council has put us through.

Only issue could be things seem to be personal between CCFC and CCC - If wasps did leave whats to say the council don't knock the Ricoh down and build houses

Tommo1993

That’s the problem. We want plan and transparency but I think that’s all there is for them. They’re not likely to write that in a statement.

fatso

But we’ve ALWAYS sold our best players! We’ve been doing it for ever, it’s not something that’s happened only when we’ve been playing away from cov.

Sky Blue Harry H

That’s the problem. We want plan and transparency but I think that’s all there is for them. They’re not likely to write that in a statement.

Agree with that. Only found out yesterday that Price Waterhouse had resigned as auditors of Wasps accounts due to dodginess' of their figures, and understand they are now being investigated by financial services (forget the official name). It does sound as though they are in financial difficulties. Hopefully something gives soon. If we support our club, hopefully they will burst before we do. Sad state of affairs.

Last edited:

ccfc1234

Only issue could be things seem to be personal between CCFC and CCC - If wasps did leave whats to say the council don't knock the Ricoh down and build houses

I would support direct action from the population if they did this. Local government is there to help the local community prosper not carry out personal vendettas with private business. We elect these people and our taxes pay the 2ages of the staff. Gives us a big say if we can unite as a city on this issue.

CCFC party like Brexit but with a different sole aim of would be fun to campaign for even if they probably would not win enough votes.

Johnnythespider

More fans will go if the club give direction on what future we have
Maybe we have more of a future if more fans go, just an observation by the way not a criticism, as for the criticism being one sided, people should look at FB and twitter, plenty of bile being aimed at the "sisu supporters" on those platforms.

cc84cov

Didn’t go to Northampton went to brum yesterday it’s a different situation I feel.I think we should unite this time pack brum out yesterday was a great atmosphere happy to stay there till wasps have fucked off.

Johnnythespider

SISU are not to blame for everything but have played a massive part.

We are where we are, but as owners it is their responsibility to sort it out and find the solutions.

Poor product and moving from your customer base will test any companies customer loyalty.

I quite enjoyed St Andrews yesterday because it seemed like an away game with a large Coventry following. Poor results and bad weather and it will be a dire experience.

It is not sustainable in the long term and unfortunately I cannot see the situation being quickly resolved.
Poor results and bad weather would make the Ricoh a dire experience, just for balance.

Hobo

Poor results and bad weather would make the Ricoh a dire experience, just for balance.

Yes, but attendances could drop to 2 or 3,000 in Brum. There were a lot of cash paying customers yesterday from the length of certain queues, so a lot of last minute decisions even for yesterdays gate.

ccfcway

Didn’t go to Northampton went to brum yesterday it’s a different situation I feel.I think we should unite this time pack brum out yesterday was a great atmosphere happy to stay there till wasps have fucked off.

Just curious, how long would be acceptable, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years ?. Do you have a cut off ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Over the last 3 months SISU appear to have morphed from outright enemy to almost victim of the other two parties and going to st Andrews is "different this time" to Northampton since it's obvious that SISU are a victim in this as much as the supporters, as quite a few on here seem to think.
If SISU think they can drag our this action for 4-5 years in order to force wasps hand they will. Meanwhile gates will soon dwindle when the " novelty" of at Andrews wears off and we're back to 2000 for games with the club with less to spend than ever.
I hope this all exile ends soon, but those bastards who own our club have done this for a second time so as far as I'm concerned I will not part with any cash in the direction of ccfc. That's the end for me , having had a season ticket since 1976 bar Northampton and two seasons 1980-82. Do I feel guilty? Not in the slightest. Joy the "Coventry city fan" can go to hell.

Sky Blue Harry H

Yes, but attendances could drop to 2 or 3,000 in Brum. There were a lot of cash paying customers yesterday from the length of certain queues, so a lot of last minute decisions even for yesterdays gate.

We've sold 3.000 season tickets ? So no on the days, match packages and zero away fans to hit the higher figure you quote?

Sky Blue Harry H

Over the last 3 months SISU appear to have morphed from outright enemy to almost victim of the other two parties and going to st Andrews is "different this time" to Northampton since it's obvious that SISU are a victim in this as much as the supporters, as quite a few on here seem to think.
If SISU think they can drag our this action for 4-5 years in order to force wasps hand they will. Meanwhile gates will soon dwindle when the " novelty" of at Andrews wears off and we're back to 2000 for games with the club with less to spend than ever.
I hope this all exile ends soon, but those bastards who own our club have done this for a second time so as far as I'm concerned I will not part with any cash in the direction of ccfc. That's the end for me , having had a season ticket since 1976 bar Northampton and two seasons 1980-82. Do I feel guilty? Not in the slightest. Joy the "Coventry city fan" can go to hell.

Thanks for that. Feel sorry that you feel unable to support your team.

cc84cov

I don’t support sisu I go to support Robins his staff & the players

ccfcway

I’m not expecting it to be anytime soon myself...you ?

Clearly a personal opinion but I am the same. I’m concerned this could be a lot longer than many think as wasps will not want to admit defeat and will hang on as much as possible, coupled with CCC resistance with SISU.

Also, I can’t see the senerio when CCC Hand the stadium over to SISU.

I was surprised yesterday at the lack of making it obvious that we didn’t want to be there.

Spoke to one friend who said it was great, train to Birmingham, beers in digbeth and then great atmosphere.

Concerns me.

I have already lost my cricket team to Birmingham, have absolutely no ambition to lose my football team to the same

Last edited:

Hobo

We've sold 3.000 season tickets ? So no on the days, match packages and zero away fans to hit the higher figure you quote?

So with 3,000 season tickets, 1,000 away fans, x amount of matchday packages sold, start of season optimism.....I am not so impressed with yesterdays 6,500 now.

usskyblue

Totally appreciate your position but you're going to attract counter points that you’ve skirted by.

Yes, ownership carries a fair share of blame. But three weeks ago we were party to a PR statement battle (apply pinch of salt here) which uncovered alleged shithousery from the Council, along with Wasps demanding indemnity from possible penalties from any future EC ruling against the sale of the Ricoh. That in itself doesn’t excuse poor ownership (if true as documented) but it does make the move to St. Andrews not acceptable but more understandable.

I’m a firm believer of ‘each to his own’, and dislike opinions paraded as facts. We all have our own opinions and each one should be respected. The line is crossed when we attack each other for them. You didn’t attack anyone, you stated your opinion....and I respect that.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

So with 3,000 season tickets, 1,000 away fans, x amount of matchday packages sold, start of season optimism.....I am not so impressed with yesterdays 6,500 now.
I'm actually amazed we sold 3000. I think if we had plans already passed for a new stadium and a spade had already gone in the ground we'd have shifted more as the fans would have seen progress.
Personally I think 3000. Is as good as we could get given our circumstances. There'll.never be a big walk up. It's too far.

Users who are viewing this thread