Standing up at away games (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Pretty sure someone on this thread had that idea of "im alright Jack"
And that's wrong but we can't taint the rest of those that want to stand with that attitude, just like we can't judge the rest of those that want to sit with the "it's a seat, sit on it" bullshit. As adults we should be able to disregard the few (I've already said they're knobheads) and do something that works for 95% of fans.

rob9872

Totally agree with many of the suggestions, but the best of all that avoids all confrontation are two simple words "unreserved seating". that would safely allow us to arrive early and get a seat at the front or back as desired. Others arriving later on the peripherals or looking for a gap. In fact late arrivals on the edge would also be better as they've had the extra beer that means they need to go to the loo every 5 mins too.

pusbccfc

Yep, something needs to be done.

Opposite to some on here, I stand at every game and that won't change. I'm certainly in the majority at away games. There does, this season, seem to be a fair few more recently sitting down. Therefore I'm in a position where I don't want to block the view in front but can't move elsewhere. I felt guilty Saturday for standing.

In the championship, in bigger away stands, people tended to stand where they want as we rarely sold out but now it seems very regulated to be in your correct seat.

Most want to stand, but that shouldn't mean others can't sit down. Would rather the club offered seats at the front to those elderly or wanting to sit down.

Liquid Gold

Totally agree with many of the suggestions, but the best of all that avoids all confrontation are two simple words "unreserved seating". that would safely allow us to arrive early and get a seat at the front or back as desired. Others arriving later on the peripherals or looking for a gap. In fact late arrivals on the edge would also be better as they've had the extra beer that means they need to go to the loo every 5 mins too.
I've had people try and turf me out of a seat at Swindon before because the ticket had a seat on them but when you turn up they tell you it's unreserved.

You'd think in 2020 we would have this done by now. I think some of it is football's reluctance to accept people stand. As the law is no standing in the stadium they must be unable to assist with correct segregation. As I said at the start safe standing would sort it out and you either buy a standing or seated ticket.

PurpleBin

And that's wrong but we can't taint the rest of those that want to stand with that attitude, just like we can't judge the rest of those that want to sit with the "it's a seat, sit on it" bullshit. As adults we should be able to disregard the few (I've already said they're knobheads) and do something that works for 95% of fans.

Oh aye, not disagreeing with you. Pointing out that there are people with the attitude of that though.

Personally, i'm not mithered. I'll stand if everyone is standing, ill sit if everyone is sitting.

Londonccfcfan

Gone to pretty much 90% of our away games the last 4/5 years. I don't think we have ever sat in our seats I don't think I have ever even bothered check stand and seat number! lol
and i couldn't care less if anyone was sat in my seat.

If someone asked us to move as we were in their seat (hardly ever) I would just shuffle over. Saying that I would hate to move if we were winning. One of the many silly superstitions one of which we always like to sit on the left hand side of goal.

shmmeee

Are people saying “get there early” saying anyone who wants to sit can’t get a coach because otherwise I don’t see how that’s possible?

ccfchoi87

Are people saying “get there early” saying anyone who wants to sit can’t get a coach because otherwise I don’t see how that’s possible?

Why can’t they get a coach? Why are you bothered anyway you don’t have to stand to watch Ifollow?

greys4life

Why can’t they get a coach? Why are you bothered anyway you don’t have to stand to watch Ifollow?

Because some people may have medical problems which means they can't sit down for long periods of time on a coach or have to have frequent stops - my old Dad being one of them before he passed away and they didn't have ifollow in those days so should he have just stayed at home - which we were told in more choice language at a couple of games. This also applies to those saying well get there early if you want to sit at the front - it's not always possible; and as on Sunday someone is just not going to give a toss and will always want to stand at the front and unreserved seating doesn't actually answer that either.

Those saying most people want to stand at away games - do they really or is it just the case of 'well i've got to stand or see bugger all'? I don't know what the answer is, as some have said, it appears to be the times we live in.

ccfchoi87

Because some people may have medical problems which means they can't sit down for long periods of time on a coach or have to have frequent stops - my old Dad being one of them before he passed away and they didn't have ifollow in those days so should he have just stayed at home - which we were told in more choice language at a couple of games. This also applies to those saying well get there early if you want to sit at the front - it's not always possible; and as on Sunday someone is just not going to give a toss and will always want to stand at the front and unreserved seating doesn't actually answer that either.

Those saying most people want to stand at away games - do they really or is it just the case of 'well i've got to stand or see bugger all'? I don't know what the answer is, as some have said, it appears to be the times we live in.

Right so if someone can’t get a coach, they can’t get there early? I think you’ve missed the point of my reply

GaryJones

If you buy a seat you should be able to "sit" in it and get the view you paid for.
Until safe standing is introduced or terraces return everyone should be seated - thats common courtesy at the very least.
If everyone is seated everyone can see the game - if half or more than that insist on standing in a seated area those people who have paid for a "seat" and are unfortunate enough not to be either able or well enough to stand will miss out on the game that they have paid good money to watch.
People who want to stand up should accept that they cant and remain seated for 90 minutes IMO.
I dont buy the atmosphere argument - why should the atmosphere be any different standing with your mates rather than seated?

Sky Blue Pete

If you buy a seat you should be able to "sit" in it and get the view you paid for.
Until safe standing is introduced or terraces return everyone should be seated - thats common courtesy at the very least.
If everyone is seated everyone can see the game - if half or more than that insist on standing in a seated area those people who have paid for a "seat" and are unfortunate enough not to be either able or well enough to stand will miss out on the game that they have paid good money to watch.
People who want to stand up should accept that they cant and remain seated for 90 minutes IMO.
I dont buy the atmosphere argument - why should the atmosphere be any different standing with your mates rather than seated?
Here here

pastythegreat

The bloody issue is obvious and has been stated numerous times on here.

kids can’t watch the game and older people are choosing not to go. Bloody hell
So go to the tennis or the snooker or something if you want everyone sat down quietly behaving!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

SBAndy

Always tended to stand but then again I’ve always tended to go to the seat I’ve been allocated. Had one chap at Brighton the other year threaten to knock me out because I’d asked him to move. Not really sure how a group of 5 of us are expected to find another set of seats together in that instance.

shmmeee

lol lol lol. Classic deflection.

Because they don’t control when the coaches turn up and being disabled are likely to walk slower than others on the coach.

ccfcway

it’s not just our club and it’s not just football. Was dragged to see Lewis capaldi last year. Everyone was standing and i sat, couldn’t see shit all

Sky Blue Harry H

Never really thought about it, but everybody sits down at home games (unless we score a goal - hugs all round), but away i stand, only because it's a way of seeing (but I'm always mindful of who's behind me, and will happily sit when the people in front of me are - which isn't very often!)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Yep, something needs to be done.

Opposite to some on here, I stand at every game and that won't change. I'm certainly in the majority at away games. There does, this season, seem to be a fair few more recently sitting down. Therefore I'm in a position where I don't want to block the view in front but can't move elsewhere. I felt guilty Saturday for standing.

You shouldn’t have felt guilty for standing on Saturday, you didn’t block any of our view :emoji_grin:

ccfchoi87

lol lol lol. Classic deflection.

Because they don’t control when the coaches turn up and being disabled are likely to walk slower than others on the coach.

I’ve got a coach to every game for the last 5 years and not been late once.

As you would say, if you want to change it, do something about it. If not, suck it up.

shmmeee

I’ve got a coach to every game for the last 5 years and not been late once.

As you would say, if you want to change it, do something about it. If not, suck it up.

Who said anything about being late?

Thats what we are discussing here dude. What can be done. Are away grounds run by a clearly defined set of rules that can be used by a majority to get what they want? No? Well then this is nothing like it, is it?

Anyway, that’s well off topic, but my offer to be proxy for anyone who can’t make it still stands. Funnily enough I’ve had exactly zero DMs taking me up. Maybe they’ve all got a religion that forbids private messaging huh?

pusbccfc

Atmosphere is much better standing up. You can't celebrate properly sitting down.

If I had to begin to sit down at matches, I'd stay at home and watch IFollow.

shmmeee

Atmosphere is much better standing up. You can't celebrate properly sitting down.

If I had to begin to sit down at matches, I'd stay at home and watch IFollow.

Standing is way better. It shouldn’t be one or the other. It needs a campaign at the EFL across to make awareness that the first few rows are for those that can’t stand but then they’d have to admit people stand.

ccfchoi87

Who said anything about being late?

Thats what we are discussing here dude. What can be done. Are away grounds run by a clearly defined set of rules that can be used by a majority to get what they want? No? Well then this is nothing like it, is it?

Anyway, that’s well off topic, but my offer to be proxy for anyone who can’t make it still stands. Funnily enough I’ve had exactly zero DMs taking me up. Maybe they’ve all got a religion that forbids private messaging huh?

You said they can’t get there early to get a seat? The official coaches always arrive well before kick off and most of the time at least an hour before kick off. The coach I get is always there for half 2. Not sure why this wouldn’t be early enough to secure a seat.

Yes the majority want to stand and do so. The majority also stand where they like. That’s the rules of going away across the country.

So ‘dude’ what’s your plan to get this changed? There’s no appetite for it but I’m interested to hear your plans.

PurpleBin

You said they can’t get there early to get a seat? The official coaches always arrive well before kick off and most of the time at least an hour before kick off. The coach I get is always there for half 2. Not sure why this wouldn’t be early enough to secure a seat.

Yes the majority want to stand and do so. The majority also stand where they like. That’s the rules of going away across the country.

So ‘dude’ what’s your plan to get this changed? There’s no appetite for it but I’m interested to hear your plans.

How are you quantifying this statement? The majority? What rules are there for "going away" ?

Do you mean you and your mates prefer to stand?

Users who are viewing this thread