Stand up if you've never watched Wasps (1 Viewer)

Grendel

This forum is hilarious, you lot should see how sad you look.

“Ooh ooh I hate wasps so much I didn’t leave the house all summer in case I saw one!”

“I even hate the letter W A S and P, and have refused to watch Wife Swap in protest!”

“I work in Rugby and haven’t turned up in two years because I can’t stomach the thought of accidentally supporting the same sport!”

Get a life you lot.

Look whose crawled out of the Council Crypt for Christmas.

Legia Sky Blue

So Northampton, Gloucester, Leicester, Exeter to name but a few are not partisan fans? They would move to another town?

A move to Watford is out of London? Really? Reading? Oh dear.

I love it when someone says “I’m no wasps fan” and then frantically makes the longest post in their brief posting history to defend an indefensible position. It’s very transparent.

I prefer the views of more independent sources

Nick Cain: Good luck ‘Coventry Wasps’, the great club I joined is dead | The Rugby Paper
You really are a sanctimonious moron. You are also a hypocrite who gladly followed our football club to another town, but is outraged when others do the same elsewhere. Shame you weren't so vocal when your beloved SISU sent 'our' club over the cliff to the all time low we find ourselves in now. Anyway congratulations, you've got me to bite, so you can congratulate yourself on a job well done.

Grendel

You really are a sanctimonious moron. You are also a hypocrite who gladly followed our football club to another town, but is outraged when others do the same elsewhere. Shame you weren't so vocal when your beloved SISU sent 'our' club over the cliff to the all time low we find ourselves in now. Anyway congratulations, you've got me to bite, so you can congratulate yourself on a job well done.

Ok Nicky try again and do better next time.

fernandopartridge

I agree. As much as I don't have any interest in watching Wasps, I wouldn't criticise anyone else for doing so and some of the comments slagging off people for watching a sports match of their choice, is just embarrassing.
In fairness you've more than shown your colours in the past. Your opinion is meaningless as you're a Johnny come lately City fan more likely to sympathise with Johnny come lately types full stop.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Calista

It’s always painted as black and white, when surely there are shades of grey. Wasps weren’t ripped from a local community (like Wimbledon to MK), they were ripped from a region, which diluted the impact. They’d been out of London for a very long time, on an industrial estate in a town way outside the M25, which is the only way to explain why moving to the Ricoh only sparked some angst on social media. With no proper protest, there was nothing to coalesce around – CCFC fans marching on Twickenham in support of angry Wasps supporters might have made a difference, who knows? I’d have been there myself if Wasps fans had felt strongly enough about it to do that, but it didn’t happen and wasn’t likely to.

I’ve said similar to the above a few times before and got slammed for it, so I threw in the towel, but it’s still my view. Depressingly here we are years later with Sky Blues Talk in still in full swing (even on Christmas Day) name-calling and agonising over the morality of it, while lots of people enjoy watching the new West Midlands regional rugby franchise, and the world of rugby seems to have taken it on board with little problem. I don’t see Wasps as particularly evil, if anything I’m glad they’re putting the stadium to use for top sport in Coventry – but when there are TWO top clubs playing there I’ll be a lot happier. Some kind of more equal partnership has got to happen in the long run, I just don’t know how given the mountainous debts on both sides. It will probably take a decade and few more insolvencies and legal battles I fear.

I have never been to a rugby match btw, and it’s highly unlikely that I ever will. Six Nations or World Cup on the telly is about it for me.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Bollocks, it's not football. We've got nothing to learn from those cunts.
Well let me tell you if you don't learn in this world you die all three of them are City fans .If they don't make your visit an enjoyment you stop coming take a look round the crowd has more than halved and still dropping lift your head out of the sand and take a look around and learn from anyone including Wasps if need be

oucho

In fairness you've more than shown your colours in the past. Your opinion is meaningless as you're a Johnny come lately City fan more likely to sympathise with Johnny come lately types full stop.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Is that meant to mean I'm a glory hunter? Don't know how to start LOLing at that one.

I've been watching CCFC for 10 years....how long deforestation my opinion counts for something?

oucho

They’d played at the Ricoh in semi finals - it’s like saying we’ve played at Wembley.

“Rugby is a more nomadic sport” - go on provide some evidence.
But they did so as their designated home ground not as a neutral venue.

More examples, OK. London Irish moved from Sunbury to share the Madesjki in Reading. Sale left their old ground at first spent a decade playing in Stockport before moving to Salford. Sarascens left their old ground and shared out at Watford for years before then moving to Barnet. In Rugby League, London Broncos have had about 6 different home grounds around the city over the years. Didn't hear any football fans moaning about that in the way they did about MK Dons.

oucho

He said the sport was nomadic - which of course is total bollocks.
Back in your box, see above.

The fact is they own the Ricoh fair and square and have every moral right to do so. Serves us right for trying to screw the council once they'd delivered their end of the Ricoh bargain.

Grendel

More examples, OK. London Irish moved from Sunbury to share the Madesjki in Reading. Sale left their old ground at first spent a decade playing in Stockport before moving to Salford. Sarascens left their old ground and shared out at Watford for years before then moving to Barnet. In Rugby League, London Broncos have had about 6 different home grounds around the city over the years. Didn't hear any football fans moaning about that in the way they did about MK Dons.

Saracens moved back so they are comparable to Brighton FC although of course Watford is as close to London as they could get as they are a London club.

London Irish then is the only example so they can be classed as Wimbledon to MK Dons

Wasps played Northampton saints as a neutral venue in a semi final

So thanks for proving it’s no more nomadic than football.

Grendel

Back in your box, see above.

The fact is they own the Ricoh fair and square and have every moral right to do so. Serves us right for trying to screw the council once they'd delivered their end of the Ricoh bargain.

At least FP has now explained your curious dispassionate view to the football club

chiefdave

Sixfields was our designated home ground so using your logic nobody should have any complaints if we move there permanently.
London Irish moved from Sunbury to share the Madesjki in Reading.
Irish are still based in Sunbury but play their home games 40 mins away in Sunbury. However they will be moving back as soon as their new ground is completed. Coincidentally its the same ground Wasps turned down.
"The club announced on 15 August 2016 of their intention to return to London and that they were in formal discussion with Houslow Borough Council to play at Brentford FC's new stadium. On 10 February 2017 the club confirmed that Brentford had approved their application to use the stadium for rugby effectively allowing them to move into the new stadium from its opening season."
Sale left their old ground at first spent a decade playing in Stockport before moving to Salford.
They moved 8 miles, in the process destroying the football club playing there. They then moved to a new stadium closer to Sale,
Sarascens left their old ground and shared out at Watford for years before then moving to Barnet.
All Saracens grounds have been inside the M25. As they claim to represent London rather than a specific borough of London how is that an issue?
In Rugby League, London Broncos have had about 6 different home grounds around the city over the years.
Exactly the same as Saracens, they represent London and have always played in London.

What your post does show is that all those clubs had no problem finding multiple grounds to play at in London yet we're supposed to believe it was impossible for Wasps and they had to move here.

oucho

At least FP has now explained your curious dispassionate view to the football club
Eh? Of course I'm dispassionate. Supporring a football team doesn't mean I should support their owners tearing up a valid lease. Loyalty to a football team doesn't and shouldn't blind us wrongs when we see them such as deliberately trying to bankrupt ACL.

But then you think Watford is in London, shows what your views are worth!

oucho

Sixfields was our designated home ground so using your logic nobody should have any complaints if we move there permanently.

Irish are still based in Sunbury but play their home games 40 mins away in Sunbury. However they will be moving back as soon as their new ground is completed. Coincidentally its the same ground Wasps turned down.
"The club announced on 15 August 2016 of their intention to return to London and that they were in formal discussion with Houslow Borough Council to play at Brentford FC's new stadium. On 10 February 2017 the club confirmed that Brentford had approved their application to use the stadium for rugby effectively allowing them to move into the new stadium from its opening season."

They moved 8 miles, in the process destroying the football club playing there. They then moved to a new stadium closer to Sale,

All Saracens grounds have been inside the M25. As they claim to represent London rather than a specific borough of London how is that an issue?

Exactly the same as Saracens, they represent London and have always played in London.

What your post does show is that all those clubs had no problem finding multiple grounds to play at in London yet we're supposed to believe it was impossible for Wasps and they had to move here.

Wasps had other options but theybwere entitled to move here and did so. We went to Sixfields solely to bankrupt ACL, which is why I opposed the move alobg with other fans. If we genuinely had no other choice most fans including me would have supported to move to Northampton. But we CHOSE to leave the Ricoh in 2013, we were not kicked out, Fisher flounced out to try and starve ACL and get the Ricoh for next to nothing. See JR1 for more info.

Grendel

Eh? Of course I'm dispassionate. Supporring a football team doesn't mean I should support their owners tearing up a valid lease. Loyalty to a football team doesn't and shouldn't blind us wrongs when we see them such as deliberately trying to bankrupt ACL.

But then you think Watford is in London, shows what your views are worth!

Watford is a London borough and on the underground system. To compare to moving 85 miles as an attempt to justify the disgraceful actions of wasps exposed you for what you are.

Grendel

Wasps had other options but theybwere entitled to move here and did so. We went to Sixfields solely to bankrupt ACL, which is why I opposed the move alobg with other fans. If we genuinely had no other choice most fans including me would have supported to move to Northampton. But we CHOSE to leave the Ricoh in 2013, we were not kicked out, Fisher flounced out to try and starve ACL and get the Ricoh for next to nothing. See JR1 for more info.

Wasps weren’t kicked out - they chose to move.

chiefdave

How can you say Wasps had other options but its fine for them to move here but then say we were wrong to go to Northampton because we had other options?

oucho

How can you say Wasps had other options but its fine for them to move here but then say we were wrong to go to Northampton because we had other options?

Because we weren't genuinely trying to relocate and relaunch our club, we were only there to screw over our previous landlord. We went through the whole fiasco purely due toba failed land grab. It wasn't the move itself that was immoral, it was the motivation behind it and all the shameless lies and bullshit Sisu used to try to dress it up.

torchomatic

chiefdave

Because we weren't genuinely trying to relocate and relaunch our club, we were only there to screw over our previous landlord. We went through the whole fiasco purely due toba failed land grab. It wasn't the move itself that was immoral, it was the motivation behind it and all the shameless lies and bullshit Sisu used to try to dress it up.
Our move to Northampton was purely an attempt by our owners to benefit themselves financially.

Wasps move to Coventry was purely for their owner to benefit himself financially. Paid himself from the bond issue and eventually admitted in the CT that it was a move based on property development with the rugby club nothing more than an afterthought. Believe he referred to Wasps as a property development business with a rugby club attached.

They are one and the same.

With your logic if there's a ground anywhere in the country that offers our owners a better financial future you would not object to us being moved.

Grendel

Like eastwoods lies when he assured fans they’d remain in the London area or had to move as they’d go bust and the claim they loved as it’s easier for the fans to get to Coventry?

NortonSkyBlue

Our move to Northampton was purely an attempt by our owners to benefit themselves financially.

Wasps move to Coventry was purely for their owner to benefit himself financially. Paid himself from the bond issue and eventually admitted in the CT that it was a move based on property development with the rugby club nothing more than an afterthought. Believe he referred to Wasps as a property development business with a rugby club attached.

With your logic if there's a ground anywhere in the country that offers our owners a better financial future you would not object to us being moved.
I wish we could move on from the historical perspective and focus on the future.

oucho

The two are not comparable at all. Our owners were trying to screw over their former benefactors. Wasps weren't.

oucho

Like eastwoods lies when he assured fans they’d remain in the London area or had to move as they’d go bust and the claim they loved as it’s easier for the fans to get to Coventry?

How is that relevant? Wasps didn't do anything wrong. Sisu tore up our Ricoh lease which was despicable and unforgivable. Although we have disagreed on this i acknowledge you are an intelligent person but I do not understand why you seem to support Sisu's acts on the basis that the intention was to better CCFC's interests. Surely you can't support something morally wrong even if it does benefit us.

chiefdave

The two are not comparable at all. Our owners were trying to screw over their former benefactors. Wasps weren't.
Who is it you think meets the definition of benefactor to CCFC?
benefactor noun /ˈben.ɪ.fæk.tər / ben.ə.fæk.tɚ
someone who gives money to help an organization, society or person

chiefdave

Wasps didn't do anything wrong.
Well we don't have a lease to tear up now so if SISU decide it is in their, not the clubs, best financial interests to move CCFC 85 miles away can we assume you will be posting on here defending them and telling us they have done nothing wrong?

Nick

Administrator
How is that relevant? Wasps didn't do anything wrong. Sisu tore up our Ricoh lease which was despicable and unforgivable. Although we have disagreed on this i acknowledge you are an intelligent person but I do not understand why you seem to support Sisu's acts on the basis that the intention was to better CCFC's interests. Surely you can't support something morally wrong even if it does benefit us.

Do you really think tearing up a lease is worse than permanently moving a club 80 odd miles?

I think if we moved 80 miles for good, nobody would have a second thought about any lease.

Pretty weird thread, you have started a thread like this and are trying to defend everything they have done as much as possible. You seem to have more passion for leases and court cases than any football match or anything like that.

Gosford Green

Why would I support or watch Wasps? Franchised sport, not for me.

The first rugby score I look for is Cov Rugby followed by Wasps because I cheer on whoever they are playing hoping they loose.
BPA is a good day out, more good pubs in the area than you can shake a stick at and a successful team with an ambitious and committed owner.

Otis

Why would I support or watch Wasps? Franchised sport, not for me.

The first rugby score I look for is Cov Rugby followed by Wasps because I cheer on whoever they are playing hoping they loose.
BPA is a good day out, more good pubs in the area than you can shake a stick at and a successful team with an ambitious and committed owner.
Same here.

After City's result the first I look for is Cov's and then I look in the hope that Wasps have lost if they are playing.

Users who are viewing this thread