St Andrews (1 Viewer)

Grendel

He’s calling fans Sisuphiles now. Oh dear

ajsccfc

That cityfan with the lack of photo has to be one of them just using a new account for an extra layer of anonymous and witless shit.

shmmeee

Now I’ve read it, not sure what the fuss is about that TBH.

Is this just people don’t like sexual assault ever used in an analogy, or have I missed something?

clint van damme

Is this just people don’t like sexual assault ever used in an analogy, or have I missed something?

It's in very poor taste and trivialises sexual assault in my opinion.
And of cours, he knew exactly what he was doing as far as im concerned.
Whoever he is he's an absolute wanker and best ignored if you ask me.

shmmeee

It's in very poor taste and trivialises sexual assault in my opinion.
And of cours, he knew exactly what he was doing as far as im concerned.
Whoever he is he's an absolute wanker and best ignored if you ask me.

Not sure it does. But I don’t buy that argument generally, it’s usually used to confect offence when someone you don’t like has done it. If I called Grendel a black hole of grumpiness I’m not trivialising the awesome force of black holes am i?

I mean he probably is a wanker, I don’t do CCFC Twitter or stalk members on here enough to get angry about them. Just this recent thing of not being allowed to use certain subjects as rhetorical devices seems silly to me.

clint van damme

Not sure it does. But I don’t buy that argument generally, it’s usually used to confect offence when someone you don’t like has done it. If I called Grendel a black hole of grumpiness I’m not trivialising the awesome force of black holes am i?

I mean he probably is a wanker, I don’t do CCFC Twitter or stalk members on here enough to get angry about them. Just this recent thing of not being allowed to use certain subjects as rhetorical devices seems silly to me.

I think it does and I think he knew what he was doing. Nothing will change my mind on that though personally I wouldnt engage with the prick.
If you think it's ok that fine, you're entitled to your opinion.
I'm not saying he shouldn't use the analogy, I just think he's a c**t for doing so.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Not sure comparing the upset that football fans feel about their clubs misfortunes to the emotional and physical turmoil that goes with something like rape is particularly acceptable on a public forum, but to each their own.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Also agree with Clint that he knew exactly what reaction he wanted and that in itself is a reason to find it out of order. Using sexual assault to score internet points, hmm.

pusbccfc

As someone who's enjoyed the novelty of St Andrews, today was the first game I've really missed the Ricoh.

While the atmosphere in similar situations would be poor at the Ricoh, it was horrific today. The longer journey meant I had to be out early which wouldn't have been as much of an issue in Coventry.

The crowd was also, despite the given attendance, much lower than any I've been. This meant we had Tranmere, fucking Tranmere fans taking the piss out of our support all game. Unlike previous games, the city fans couldn't even give it back to them.

If our form skydives, I've got a feeling the novelties of playing in Birmingham will quickly go away for most.

pusbccfc

Or if we win the next two at home it will be “fortress St Andrews” again.

In the real world... if we are doing well, it’s a good day out, if we lose and it’s raining.. it will be a shit day out.

Exactly the same as the Ricoh and Highfield Road and every other ground in the country.

St Andrews has become increasingly worse the last 3 or so games.

No one can tell me the atmosphere was as bad at the Ricoh as it has been recently.

letsallsingtogether

It was my second game today sorry but the place is really depressing.
Fans arguing again swearing and trying to fight with the stewards at the end of the match.
Atmosphere was dire today yes the result didn't help but we played some nice football but all you got was moans and growns, no backing the team.

pusbccfc

It was my second game today sorry but the place is really depressing.
Fans arguing again swearing and trying to fight with the stewards at the end of the match.
Atmosphere was dire today yes the result didn't help but we played some nice football but all you got was moans and growns, no backing the team.

Yep. First few games everyone was behind the team. Now everyone is comfortable, the groaners are back.

The Lurker

Or if we win the next two at home it will be “fortress St Andrews” again.

In the real world... if we are doing well, it’s a good day out, if we lose and it’s raining.. it will be a shit day out.

Exactly the same as the Ricoh and Highfield Road and every other ground in the country.

I disagree. yesterday wasnt good and I think that will be a sign of things to come. shit weather will put more people off. the journey is getting more of a headache. I’ll still be there Wednesday but not looking forward to it

Warwickhunt

Think being on TV fucked the gate if you ask me!

skyblueinBaku

I disagree. yesterday wasnt good and I think that will be a sign of things to come. shit weather will put more people off. the journey is getting more of a headache. I’ll still be there Wednesday but not looking forward to it
Wednesday?

ccfcway

completely get the novelty of going to a similar ground to Highfield Rd with better pubs than cov can ever wish for surrounding the journey.

That said, be interesting to see how attendances hold up in the winter, especially midweek

Boddy said the are having dialouge with wasps, but not constructive due to court case. We best get used to being here, as its our home until we find another one

clint van damme

completely get the novelty of going to a similar ground to Highfield Rd with better pubs than cov can ever wish for surrounding the journey.

That said, be interesting to see how attendances hold up in the winter, especially midweek

Boddy said the are having dialouge with wasps, but not constructive due to court case. We best get used to being here, as its our home until we find another one

I think we'll see a dip. Especially if we aren't winning consistently.
After the hassle I had going to the last midweek game I don't think I'll bother with Fleetwood. In my case with a ST I think I'll still be counted in the attendance but I'm sure the POTG will take a hit.

torchomatic

I think you've used something similar in the past on here, haven't you? Wife going back to husband who beats her...

torchomatic

If our form skydives, I've got a feeling the novelties of playing in Birmingham will quickly go away for most.

Of course it will. We do well, no one complains, a defeat or two then loads complain. it was no different at the Ricoh. We only heard SISU out chants when we were playing poorly or losing.

Granted, we shouldn't be at St Andrew's, but the atmosphere there will be never be as poor as it can be at a soulless Ricoh.

torchomatic

True. Attendances will always dip mid-week due to the location. Despite our great start - and it still IS a great start - a defeat or two will always make the fairweathers stay at home in the warm.

Grendel

I think you've used something similar in the past on here, haven't you? Wife going back to husband who beats her...

Yeah he’s a weirdo

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Of course it will. We do well, no one complains, a defeat or two then loads complain. it was no different at the Ricoh. We only heard SISU out chants when we were playing poorly or losing.

Granted, we shouldn't be at St Andrew's, but the atmosphere there will be never be as poor as it can be at a soulless Ricoh.
Wrong there was no atmosphere on sunday

torchomatic

Wrong there was no atmosphere on sunday

Wouldn't agree with that at all. The atmosphere at St Andrew's this season has generally been very good and positive, but no surprise you and yours will slag it off. Fair enough, I wouldnt expect anything different.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Wouldn't agree with that at all. The atmosphere at St Andrew's this season has generally been very good and positive, but no surprise you and yours will slag it off. Fair enough, I wouldnt expect anything different.
Why is that, is it because you have to disagree with everything I say? Is it because only your opinion counts? And why shouldn’t I be able to slag off a whole experience that is totally awful? Does it stop me going, no it does not. Do I enjoy it no I do not. Are the stewards better or more friendly than at the Ricoh I don’t know I don’t talk to any of them at both grounds. Are the pubs better in Small Heath I don’t know as I don’t drink and never have done before or after a game. Are there people undeservedly moaning about certain players while undeservedly praising others yes so what’s new. Has St. Andrews got a soul same as the Ricoh no, grounds do not have souls.
Now here is the difference between you and me you don’t like Coventry I love it. You don’t care if we never return to Coventry, I do.

Users who are viewing this thread