St Andrew's it is then (3 Viewers)

Grendel

If the lease is broken, the freeholder takes back the site. So yes, the Council get it back.

Not exactly the case and it’s the clause that suggest sub tenants would have some rights of claim that to me explains the big issue here

GaryJones

We can not be expected to blindly follow the team over to Birmingham again without an honest explanation of exactly what’s happened here - you need to have the fan base onside and right now I feel we are not being treated with the respect we deserve.
This decision might be in the best interests of the club and if so we need the detail so we understand.
I’m bitterly disappointed after following the team to virtually every game home & away last season.
Travelling to Birmingham is expensive and inconvenient and I had made the decision to buy only 2 Season tickets last year instead of 4 as some of my guys couldn’t make the commitment.
I was going to buy 6 this year at The Ricoh but if we end up at St Andrews I will probably just buy 1 maybe 2 max - this is going to cost the club at a time when they have the fan base in the palm of their hand after the promotion - gutted!

shmmeee

We can not be expected to blindly follow the team over to Birmingham again without an honest explanation of exactly what’s happened here - you need to have the fan base onside and right now I feel we are not being treated with the respect we deserve.
This decision might be in the best interests of the club and if so we need the detail so we understand.
I’m bitterly disappointed after following the team to virtually every game home & away last season.
Travelling to Birmingham is expensive and inconvenient and I had made the decision to buy only 2 Season tickets last year instead of 4 as some of my guys couldn’t make the commitment.
I was going to buy 6 this year at The Ricoh but if we end up at St Andrews I will probably just buy 1 maybe 2 max - this is going to cost the club at a time when they have the fan base in the palm of their hand after the promotion - gutted!

They don’t care mate. There’s a bigger prize than a successful CCFC in their eyes. We’re just a tool to get it.

Nick

Administrator

I have a feeling more will come out, it seems the same as previously when they say something and wait for a response from Wasps / CCC then post up emails and stuff.

clint van damme

you are absolutely spot on.
I made the decision to go last season based on my belief, (which may have been wrong), that the indemnity backed the club in to a corner.
If that's not the case this time I want to know what is so I can decide whether to travel to Birmingham again.
Obviously, in reality, we'll be kept in the dark but it would be nice to have some explanation of events.

Nick

Administrator
I see this is now being spun by the media as ccfc 'ended talks', when in reality it seems that an already extended EFL deadline passed. Wasps would have known of the deadline and would have known no deal was reached, so why the fuck are they so 'surprised'?
Yep, it will be spun.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Disappointing but not at all surprised by the decision to stay at st Andrews. I have never thought a return to be likely unless wasps completely rolled over on a deal - that was never going to happen.

The purpose of the uni announcement was to put something on record to satisfy the efl that there was progress and therefore could sanction st andrews.

There was no logic to either set of owners changing their stance enough to get it over the line so I really don't see why anyone should be surprised

Will go to st andrews if I feel like I want to so will not say i wont go but not going to commit to a ST.

Am left with the usual feeling of EVERYONE STOP PLAYING GAMES WITH THE CLUB I LOVE!!!

Nick

Administrator
Disappointing but not at all surprised by the decision to stay at st Andrews. I have never thought a return to be likely unless wasps completely rolled over on a deal - that was never going to happen.

The purpose of the uni announcement was to put something on record to satisfy the efl that there was progress and therefore could sanction st andrews.

There was no logic to either set of owners changing their stance enough to get it over the line so I really don't see why anyone should be surprised

Will go to st andrews if I feel like I want to so will not say i wont go but not going to commit to a ST.

Am left with the usual feeling of EVERYONE STOP PLAYING GAMES WITH THE CLUB I LOVE!!!
Do you think they need the uni news to actually sanction st Andrews? It had already been sanctioned for 3 years.

Nick

Administrator
On a different note ...........

I bet the landlord at The Roost is celebrating this morning !!
The thing is, the pubs and everything around there have made much more effort for city fans than most of them by the Ricoh. (Aside from dhillons)

Nick

Administrator
It was sanctioned for 3 years so long as they could prove progress and would be reviewed annually by the efl
Not sure they needed to make a joint public announcement to show progress to the efl.

They could have just shown them privately.

Efl seem to also agree the Ricoh stuff was unworkable, I assume they have seen more about that too.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe to appease the fans

That's not to do with the EFL though, they could have just shown them stuff in private.

How many fans are realistically going to get a season ticket at St Andrews based on the Warwick uni announcement? Not many at all.

Grendel

Yeah it’s a real kick in the teeth

The club have improved their relationship with the fans and many will take the new ground at face value. To me it’s a nothing statement and I won’t be believing it till I see it

The real issue anyway is it would easily take 5 to 7 years. The club can’t operate away that long and that makes me more dubious

On the other side I strongly suspect wasps and the council don’t want the club back under these owners and this is all just a game of cat and mouse.

fernandopartridge

The club have improved their relationship with the fans and many will take the new ground at face value. To me it’s a nothing statement and I won’t be believing it till I see it

The real issue anyway is it would easily take 5 to 7 years. The club can’t operate away that long and that makes me more dubious

On the other side I strongly suspect wasps and the council don’t want the club back under these owners and this is all just a game of cat and mouse.
I just don't understand what the end objective is

Gynnsthetonic

Cant see SISU going anywhere. It should have nothing to do with the council who owns the football club, what other councils get involved with club ownership!

Nick

Administrator
Cant see SISU going anywhere. It should have nothing to do with the council who owns the football club, what other councils get involved with club ownership!

prestonkh.jpg

Grendel

The council have invested fully in wasps and it will be a major embarrassment if they fail

They also wouldn’t want to be left with an empty decaying stadium to manage on a 38 year lease or get into an admin bidding process

wasps and the council want to force Sisu out and Sisu are entrenched

Brylowes

Agree with most of that except the University announcement, think that was more about
appeasing the fans than the EFL, a reassuring promise of progress and commitment prior
to the St Andrews shitshow.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Agree with most of that except the University announcement, think that was more about
appeasing the fans than the EFL, a reassuring promise of progress and commitment prior
to the St Andrews shitshow.

Think that was the second element to it but only PR because I feel they have known for sometime ccfc would be at st Andrews. They had to prove they were trying to get back short term and long term to the efl. Just my opinion

covcity4life

Hopefully we can be competitive and stable financially in championship whisky in Birmingham. Buy us time in this war of attrition

Nick

Administrator
The council have invested fully in wasps and it will be a major embarrassment if they fail

They also wouldn’t want to be left with an empty decaying stadium to manage on a 38 year lease or get into an admin bidding process

wasps and the council want to force Sisu out and Sisu are entrenched

Exactly, it's obvious there's something in that. The unwillingness of anybody to ask CCC / Wasps about Overson's claims about Hoffman etc shows that people don't want to touch it.

Look back through all of the statements from takeover time, the council were all in. They were promised a training ground, loads of jobs in Coventry and said it would never harm CCFC.

They will do their best to make sure the Wasps shit won't fail. They are doing the same with Coombe Abbey and pumping money in to keep that going too.

Gynnsthetonic

Exactly, it's obvious there's something in that. The unwillingness of anybody to ask CCC / Wasps about Overson's claims about Hoffman etc shows that people don't want to touch it.

Look back through all of the statements from takeover time, the council were all in. They were promised a training ground, loads of jobs in Coventry and said it would never harm CCFC.

They will do their best to make sure the Wasps shit won't fail. They are doing the same with Coombe Abbey and pumping money in to keep that going too.
When the Wasp deal was going through 2013 they made the meeting in a closed chamber so no outsiders ever knew what was said or went on

It is the same old sisu, put out a good news story, before the bad news that it is another year in Birmingham. Well the "Joint" statement is strange as Warwick uni has put nothing out. In fact the internal newsletter to the staff from the Chancellor does not mention anything about it, (there was news about Lotus cars building at the Wellsbourne campus". If you read the statement about the new stadium, it mentions the light rail. To get a stadium built, they will have to improve the transport system to accommodate a stadium and the light rail/ relief road would be required. The uni first mentioned this rail in 2016,(4 years later nothing) and the latest news on it is to build the first line to Walsgrave hospital, (In the council dreams for 2024). The relief road has no planning, no funding, (cost £100 million) even if that road went ahead, 8 years before it would be finished. The stadium is another smoke screen like all the others they went on about. The only hope is Sisu sell up, or wasps sell the stadium, to pay their debts.

Mucca Mad Boys

100% agreed.

As A fan base, we need to do everything we can to hold the owners (and possibly even UoW) to account on making progress on this partnership.

Before this potential partnership was announced, I could accept that there was considerable difficulty finding land for such a project outside of CCC jurisdiction.

Now, there’s a means to crack on with this, there’s no excuse to not press on with these plans.

theferret

It is the same old sisu, put out a good news story, before the bad news that it is another year in Birmingham. Well the "Joint" statement is strange as Warwick uni has put nothing out. In fact the internal newsletter to the staff from the Chancellor does not mention anything about it, (there was news about Lotus cars building at the Wellsbourne campus". If you read the statement about the new stadium, it mentions the light rail. To get a stadium built, they will have to improve the transport system to accommodate a stadium and the light rail/ relief road would be required. The uni first mentioned this rail in 2016,(4 years later nothing) and the latest news on it is to build the first line to Walsgrave hospital, (In the council dreams for 2024). The relief road has no planning, no funding, (cost £100 million) even if that road went ahead, 8 years before it would be finished. The stadium is another smoke screen like all the others they went on about. The only hope is Sisu sell up, or wasps sell the stadium, to pay their debts.

Warwick uni put nothing out? It was on the news section of their own website you clown.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Users who are viewing this thread