St Andrews confirmed! (1 Viewer)

oldfiver

SISU take £x out of the club regardless (in terms of balance sheet). Drop in income = drop in ££££s available to CCFC. Extra income = extra for CCFC. SISU have tried to make us self sustaining, which is a good thing (about the only good thing they have done)

Can I ask what accountancy qualification you have ??

Grendel

I haven't read the entire thread but I haven't seen anyone mention that even if Wasps do go bust they don't have to sell the ground to SISU. They will make far more selling it for housing like at Highfield Road.
And of course even if SISU did prove the council were wrong to sell to Wasps it doesn't mean they will be entitled to compensation. State Aid affects everyone not just the owners of a football club.
I can't see a scenario where the Sky Blues own their own ground unless they build it for themselves, and that will never happen under SISU. They are not in the business of building things.

They are not allowed to do that under the lease arrangement

oldfiver

Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2019, 15:40
Subject: Council statement on CCFC announcement
To: Skinner, David (Cllr) < [email protected]>

For Residents
I forward verbatim today’s joint statement. Please tell anyone who may wish to know.

Cllr. David Skinner
Westwood Ward
Members Support, Coventry City Council
Council House, Earl Street
Coventry, CV1 5RR

TEL: 024 7697 5555
http://www.coventry.gov.uk

07 June 2019

Joint statement on CCFC announcement

Joint statement from Cllr George Duggins, Leader of Coventry City Council and Cllr Gary Ridley, Leader of the Opposition Conservative Group, Coventry City Council:

“We share the bitter disappointment of Coventry City fans with today’s announcement by the football club.

“The Council like everyone was hopeful that April’s Supreme Court judgment could lead to a license extension.

“While Coventry City Council has not been party to the negotiations, we understand the endless litigation in its various forms by the football club’s owners remained the barrier for a deal to be agreed.

“It is extremely disappointing that after six years of legal action – that has been tested numerous times in the courts and has been comprehensively dismissed every time – cannot now be dropped to secure the club’s future.

“We urge the football club’s owners to address this situation promptly to ensure the return of the football club to the city at the earliest possible date.”

skyblue1991

For Residents
I forward verbatim today’s joint statement. Please tell anyone who may wish to know.

Cllr. David Skinner
Westwood Ward
Coventry, CV1 5RR

07 June 2019

Joint statement from Cllr George Duggins, Leader of Coventry City Council and Cllr Gary Ridley, Leader of the Opposition Conservative Group, Coventry City Council:

“We share the bitter disappointment of Coventry City fans with today’s announcement by the football club.

“The Council like everyone was hopeful that April’s Supreme Court judgment could lead to a license extension.

“While Coventry City Council has not been party to the negotiations, we understand the endless litigation in its various forms by the football club’s owners remained the barrier for a deal to be agreed.

“It is extremely disappointing that after six years of legal action – that has been tested numerous times in the courts and has been comprehensively dismissed every time – cannot now be dropped to secure the club’s future.

“We urge the football club’s owners to address this situation promptly to ensure the return of the football club to the city at the earliest possible date.”
Give us the Westwood Heath land then. Or tell Wasps to drop the stupid financial demands.

You wankers.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

RegTheDonk

And then what - agree a rental deal with wasps where they control our destiny still?

Nah fuck Wasps.
Trouble is huck the alternative is building our own and I can't see that happening even if the council didn't put up any barriers. Its' the Ricoh or nothing I think unfortunately.

Wasps were on about a partnership months ago, presumably to pave the way for Hoffman if they ever took the club over. There must a be a good reason for this, but I can't see why they cant agree that IF the EU finds wasps need to stump up the real price, SISU could buy into the partnership by paying that.

RegTheDonk

Angry and upset, but not surprised at this. Three groups of cunts using the club as a chip for greater ends. Dismayed at the amount of people on CWR tonight with such biast viewpoints. Its clear whos won the PR war in the press on and social media.

We have to truck on and support the club as best we can. Still got to pick my games due to the money but for me, it actually will be a bit easier as the Worcester line can take me straight to Moor Street.

Otis

giphy.gif

For Residents

Cllr. David Skinner
Westwood Ward
Coventry, CV1 5RR

07 June 2019

Six years of legal action. :(

Ashdown

Do you think we will here from 'Chief Dave ' ever again once his constant PR exercise for SISU has ceased ?! Fucksake you would think that folk can't see patterns on here........this is the most pro SISU platform out there. I will now get a barage of prove it but all the same fingers continue to blame everyone but Joy and her crowd and have done for years. We all know CCFC has been done over by CCC but it's seems more important to many on this site than the future.

shepardo01

Angry and upset, but not surprised at this. Three groups of cunts using the club as a chip for greater ends. Dismayed at the amount of people on CWR tonight with such biast viewpoints. Its clear whos won the PR war in the press on and social media.

We have to truck on and support the club as best we can. Still got to pick my games due to the money but for me, it actually will be a bit easier as the Worcester line can take me straight to Moor Street.
I was on there tonight... Certainly did not put over the boycott/ only sisu to blame side... mentioned the trusts anti sisu stance and fact that if fans didn't go we'd end up dropping down leagues again... said council need to hang head in shame...

Elseb

Hello everyone, hope you're well. I'm a Brum fan and just wanted to welcome you to ST Andrews and wish you the best of the luck for the new season.
I know it's not ideal and can completely understand your frustration, seems you've been let down by a few few people. The Brum fans are actually very positive about it, rivalries aside, nobody wants to see a team get kicked out of the league or face extinction.

If anybody needs any information regarding the ground or surrounding areas, give me a shout. More than happy to help.

Oh and finally, Paul Telfer. One of my favourite footballers as a kid for some reason, never hear anybody speak about him nowadays!

BornSlippySkyBlue

Picked up the boys from school and told them and the older cheered saying it will be a big adventure going on the train etc and then started asking where we are going to sit
My 10 year old was totally ‘meh’ about me telling him we’re in brum next season. I think he thinks it’s an adventure.

The fact we live in Birmingham (and he’s a born and bred brummy Cov fan ) might have something to do with it, but the point still stands. If you want to take your kids, you still can and they will only get fucked off with it if you put that thought in their head.

It’s all an adventure when you’re a kid, the politics mean f all.

Don’t let kids stop you going. That is all.

Hobo

Do you think we will here from 'Chief Dave ' ever again once his constant PR exercise for SISU has ceased ?! Fucksake you would think that folk can't see patterns on here........this is the most pro SISU platform out there. I will now get a barage of prove it but all the same fingers continue to blame everyone but Joy and her crowd and have done for years. We all know CCFC has been done over by CCC but it's seems more important to many on this site than the future.

Yes and chiefdave and others are very pompous in their approach and very negative about protest. I must admit I feel very paralysed as a fan. So I have been chucking money at Coventry Rugby, Warwickshire CCC and Nottinghamshire CCC. Having a great time but with a very heavy corner of my heart. Have been to a few CCFC games but havent bedn back to Wembley since David Speedie.

Otis

Hello everyone, hope you're well. I'm a Brum fan and just wanted to welcome you to ST Andrews and wish you the best of the luck for the new season.
I know it's not ideal and can completely understand your frustration, seems you've been let down by a few few people. The Brum fans are actually very positive about it, rivalries aside, nobody wants to see a team get kicked out of the league or face extinction.

If anybody needs any information regarding the ground or surrounding areas, give me a shout. More than happy to help.

Oh and finally, Paul Telfer. One of my favourite footballers as a kid for some reason, never hear anybody speak about him nowadays!
Oh dear, oh dear and you were doing so well there until you mentioned Paul Telfer.

Now we all know your post isn't genuine.

Westendlad

Just been reading the Small Heath forum............Surprisingly not to concerned and feel for the shite we're going through

chiefdave

Do you think we will here from 'Chief Dave ' ever again once his constant PR exercise for SISU has ceased ?! Fucksake you would think that folk can't see patterns on here........this is the most pro SISU platform out there.
Maybe if they can see patterns they can look back to the days when I was accused of being a council employee and doing their PR.
Yes and chiefdave and others are very pompous in their approach and very negative about protest.
Negative about protests? I've encouraged and supported many ideas put forward on here for protests so not sure how you've come to that conclusion.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Maybe if they can see patterns they can look back to the days when I was accused of being a council employee and doing their PR.

Negative about protests? I've encouraged and supported many ideas put forward on here for protests so not sure how you've come to that conclusion.
You still here? Ashdown predicted you'd never make a reappearance! :yawn:

Nick

Administrator
Quite Otis and the impact on local business around CV6 and further afield is awful. There are plenty of clowns here talking up St Andrews but the reality is despite the blame game it's Cov people's jobs that will be affected and Cov business losing revenue.
Yet the council leader was more bothered about saving an aldi

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The following statement has been issued by Coventry City's Owners SISU

SISU remains committed to providing CCFC with its own stadium in the Coventry area. We are grateful to the EFL for their support and patience in this matter and will continue to work closely with them throughout the planning and development process. We will provide CCFC with all the assistance required to enable the Club to return to the Coventry area, in a stadium it and its fans can again finally call home.

At least we have a new stadium to look forward to and in Cov .

Now where have I heard that before ?

giphy.gif

Super Graham Withey

Does anyone remember seeing Hagi play against City at St Andrews in a pre season friendly circa 1992? I think he may having been playing for Italian side Brescia.

Users who are viewing this thread