Squad Problems Solved... (1 Viewer)

spwaverley4916

perhaps they are the 'signings' AT was on about -SISU will probably tout them around the other clubs from the 25th June to see if they can make some dosh for their investors!!

ccfctommy

Point of this is?

Youngsters sign pro deals every year as they are now too old for the U18 team.

This happens at every club in the country.

SkyBlueJohnso

surely the 6 lads signing pro contracts is no different to signing a new player/free agent, which we currently can't do cos of the transfer embargo??

TheRoyalScam

Point of this is?

Youngsters sign pro deals every year as they are now too old for the U18 team.

This happens at every club in the country.

If you look at the thread title, you must realize that as soon as I read this I breathed a sigh of relief.;)

Out of interest they're not all too old for the U-18s - two of them are still 17.

mexico88

Honestly, can you really, truthfully, say that the total of in-experienced players in our current squad is a positive thing?

Giving time to poor and experienced/poor players is something we seem to be very good at - winning is not. Is there a link?

These players are supposed to be going out on loan to gain experience, not taking part in a make-or-break promotion campaign.

TheRoyalScam

Honestly, can you really, truthfully, say that the total of in-experienced players in our current squad is a positive thing?

Giving time to poor and experienced/poor players is something we seem to be very good at - winning is not. Is there a link?

These players are supposed to be going out on loan to gain experience, not taking part in a make-or-break promotion campaign.

If this is a question for me, could I refer you to this: http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/satire?q=satire

And I thought the ;) would have given it away......

smileycov

Facebook User
More likely aimed at me!! However, i stand by what i said ...yes it is positive that we are producing youngsters. Do i want to fill the first team with them and not get anymore "proper" players in, NO!! however just cant recall saying that......kindly point it out for me please :whistle:

Gray

BANG.........BANG.........BANG.........BANG.........BANG.........BANG.........:claping hands:

Sub

youth team next season fookin great !!!!! SISU are a bunch of complete and utter :jerkit::jerkit: and they can stick their season ticket up thier arse !!!!!

D

Deleted member 4232

I hope these young lads surprise the hell out of even the most cynical sky blue.

Astute

what a great idea. Lets all slag off these youth players before they make a mistake for the 1st team :thinking about:

CUS Wyken

what a great idea. Lets all slag off these youth players before they make a mistake for the 1st team :thinking about:

Whose slagging them off?

I'm personally not happy with that fact that this shows were not bringing many players in.

Basically replacing players with youngsters. Same as last season and we all know what happened then.

coundonskyblue

Its not going to be good for these lads being thrown in at the deep end. If we don't perform this season I suspect last season's 'protests' will look pretty small.

Bringing kids trying to learn their trade into this environment isnt wise imo.

ccfctommy

Whose slagging them off?

I'm personally not happy with that fact that this shows were not bringing many players in.

Basically replacing players with youngsters. Same as last season and we all know what happened then.

No it dosen't.

We are under an embargo at the moment yes, but this is just youth team players in the last year of their youth contracts signing pro deals. Does not mean they will play and we won't sign anyone.

oakey

If you took a look at the team sheet v. Southampton this was entirely predictable.
Folks saying we need 6, 8 players or more can now subtract 6 from that figure and arrive at a more realistic 3 or 4, even allowing for 2 or 3 more to leave.
If we sign more than 4 more than we let go from now on I will be amazed.

CUS Wyken

No it dosen't.

We are under an embargo at the moment yes, but this is just youth team players in the last year of their youth contracts signing pro deals. Does not mean they will play and we won't sign anyone.
I said a sign that we won't bring many in. Didn't say none did I?

Usually a couple of players get promoted from youth system not 6. Next season half of our squad will be under 21. Does not bode well

D

Deleted member 4232

I don't get what all the panic is about. Has a statement from the club been released saying
"these are all of the players we will use for the season, we will acquire no more"?

While embargo is up, we might as well clean up the backyard; academy. It makes sense to get this done early. And the fact that 6 have signed is great, I'm sure they've earned it. Andy Thorn is a good talent spotter above most, and I for one will trust his judgement.

League one is a great opportunity and level to develop youth. While its not ideal for a promotion push, it is a good level for them to grow. Top clubs loan youth to league one all the time, however they don't have as much riding on the results of the season as we do.

Until the transfer window closes, don't get yourself in a mess over cynical speculation.

Deep breaths lads.

ccfcway

no panic, no shock either

Willis will replace Craine in the squad
Philips Replaces Herman
Henderson replaces Keogh
Ruffels replaces Clingan
Roberts replaces norwood
Daniels will replace Nimely

Astute

I don't get what all the panic is about. Has a statement from the club been released saying
"these are all of the players we will use for the season, we will acquire no more"?

Andy Thorn is a good talent spotter above most, and I for one will trust his judgement.

Don't you remember last season? They might be decent youth players, but what about the lack of experience? AT wouldn't have much of a choice if SISU wanted to give them a contract to boost our numbers.

I have seen nothing to say we are going to bring in experienced players. We are desperate for an experienced striker or two that can score goals. Are we supposed to rely on 17 and 18 year olds again? I hope not.

Sub

waiting for the press release from the club soon city sign 6 new players to bolster squad thorn says they were all number one targets, all our ducks were in a row. waggot has worked really hard. and we went bang bang bang and got them in im really pleased at getting every player i asked for in the transfer window!!!! fooking disgrace this club is a joke hope the lads do well, but is this our promotion challenge squad is it ???:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Andy Thorn is a good talent spotter above most, and I for one will trust his judgement..

And here lies the problem! He's a good scout and not manager!

I too trust his judgement on a player (the majority of the time), but I don't trust his tactics, decision making, general management skills (too nicey nicey with the players)

thorninmyside

i suppose the club are at least being positive. at the end of the day a couple of seasons with the young lads developing might turn out to be a good thing. i hope we use what we have got and dont bring in any new players. 17 to 19 in a div 3 and 4 team isnt a bad thing... by the time we reach the championship they will be established

dongonzalos

i suppose the club are at least being positive. at the end of the day a couple of seasons with the young lads developing might turn out to be a good thing. i hope we use what we have got and dont bring in any new players. 17 to 19 in a div 3 and 4 team isnt a bad thing... by the time we reach the championship they will be established

I dont think he was nicey nicey with fat fred

dongonzalos

I am also glad to see young players breaking through. Usually this should be 2-3 in a season.

However I don't think we have six to follow the six from last season because ours are that good, you have to bring them in, like Fergie did.

Not sure if this is fair on the kids or us, it is purely a financial decision and may ruin these kids careers before they start

If we use what we have minus Mcpake, Big, Keogh, Cranie, (Platt and Clingan) ROD

I take you are happy with a relegation battle. Then any of those kids who do managed to shine get will be sold on and replaced with a new kid followed by another relegation battle if we were lucky enough to stay up?

dongonzalos

no panic, no shock either

Willis will replace Craine in the squad
Philips Replaces Herman
Henderson replaces Keogh
Ruffels replaces Clingan
Roberts replaces norwood
Daniels will replace Nimely

Jeffers - Platt

We did drop to league one didnt we, have I missed us going into liquidation and we were actually dropped to league 2 hence the above and we are assembling a team to try and stay up?

smileycov

Facebook User
Or, possibly we have signed up the best so we do not lose them to the big clubs for nowt!! hasn't the rulling on youth players changed? Just a thought

Grendel

Jeffers - Platt

We did drop to league one didnt we, have I missed us going into liquidation and we were actually dropped to league 2 hence the above and we are assembling a team to try and stay up?

No we are not even trying to stay up Captain Relegation is still in charge.

Users who are viewing this thread