Squad Problems Solved... (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Who were the six who signed pro deals last year?

Bigi
Callum Wilson
Cyrus Christie
Lee Burge

The strange thing is you click on Josh Ruffles profile and it said he had signed professionally for the club last summer. Which makes sense baring in mind he was in the squad last season

I was also including Willis in this as he also featured in the squad last season However it says he signed in May 2012.

However I confess I did not click on the headline and assumed by the club putting it as exciting news and the reaction here that it was in relation to six new kids getting signed up.

Now I have clicked on it, this does not surprise me at all we need these 6 plus another ten signings.

I just assumed they were already signed up as most of them featured in the squad at some point last season.

Not news to me

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
perhaps given the size of our squad we are changing to playing futsal ...... seem more suited!

Player Rule A match is played by two teams, each consisting of not more than five players, one of whom is the goalkeeper. A match may not start if either team consists of fewer than three players. The match is abandoned if one of the teams has fewer than three players on the pitch.

Official competitions
Up to a maximum of seven substitutes may be used in any match played in an official competition organised under the auspices of FIFA, the confederations or the member associations. The number of substitutions that may be made during a match is unlimited.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/51/44/50/spielregelnfutsal_2010_11_e.pdf

mind you making that many substitutions would have AT in a spin :whistle:

aodea

I think people are missing the point here a bit. These lads would have signed contracts regardless of the state of our squad and whether we could sign players are not. They have turned the ages to sign pro terms and thus the club has signed them. These boys are not expected to feature heavily (but maybe that will be the case if we cant get some more players in). I presumme the idea is have them in with the squad training trying to help there development. Maybe its a sad state of our club that people are jumping on thier backs for not being new signings. If everything was rosey and we were signing people this press release would have gone by unnoticed.

Good luck to these lads. Hopefully one of them is a gem and two are solid players.

C

Clive Plattini

Ruffels played last season didnt he? He came on for McSheffrey at Palace and looked terrified.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Well done to the six of them .......... but it really shouldn't be big news should it? shouldnt it be more of a footnote to other stories ? .......... just shows the dire straits we are in.

These lads should be given time and experiences to develop properly in order to maximise their potential. Sadly I fear too much will be asked of them too soon.

I am pleased for them, I hope they do well.

ashbyjan

Personally I think its testament to the good job Rioch and his team are doing that even when the club doesn't have two pennies to rub together these lads are still good enough to warrant full time pro contracts - surely the cheapest option would have been to let them all go. I do worry that these kids will be rushed into the first team too quickly as it is not good for their long term development physically or mentally but lets hope they are bit part players rather than the core of the team - lets leave that to the reliable stars like Bell, Baker, McSheff ...... oh God help us!!!!

Brighton Sky Blue

Disagree Jan-I'd say that the kids are being signed up in bulk because they will settle for very cheap contracts and it saves the need to go out and sign players who will demand more. We have talented youngsters, there's no doubt of that, but throwing them in at the deep end way ahead of schedule is counterproductive and risks us damaging the future prospects of both themselves and the club. It's the cheaper option to have kids on short, low wage contracts than to go out and sign more experienced players who'll want higher salaries.

ashbyjan

But more expensive than not signing anyone which was the other option. Do SISU care if we have a squad capable of competing? Of course not all they want is a squad that doesn't cost any money. As I said if these kids form the backbone of the team its a terrible move but at least it shows the academy is bringing through some decent players - mind you if any shine through they will be sold asap.

dongonzalos

But more expensive than not signing anyone which was the other option. Do SISU care if we have a squad capable of competing? Of course not all they want is a squad that doesn't cost any money. As I said if these kids form the backbone of the team its a terrible move but at least it shows the academy is bringing through some decent players - mind you if any shine through they will be sold asap.

I think without doing this they would not have a squad.

They are putting forward a squad not capable of competing

However to not put forward a squad full stop would be no football clubthey are not ready to go there yet

dongonzalos

..................Murphy/Dunn/Burge

Clarke/Christie.......... Cameron / Wood.........Hussey/Willis ..................
................................. Henderson/Phillips

Bell/Baker ................ Deegan/ Ruffels .....................Sheff/Roberts .............................
.............................. Thomas

................................ Cody/Jeffers..............................
..... ............ ................Daniels/Wilson

To me this team will not compete and the 6 youth signings were necessary to have a squad and clearly this is the cheaper option. Anything less is would mean we could not fulfill our fixtures

smileycov

Facebook User
Here's a revolutionary idea.....lets see what the next month brings, then if we have no further signings we can kick off, but until then why we all getting in a tizz!! So some youth have signed contracts, good!! stops them going for nowt to the premiership youth system.

ashbyjan

The Clarke-Harris saga is a strange one - seems to be for disciplinary reasons (Thornton in the making) rather than footballing or financial but as ever with this barmpot club the truth is buried and kept away from the fans.

Looking at the squad you put up you assuming Bigi is a goner? But that notwithstanding it makes very depressing reading and Div 4 looks a certainty

dongonzalos

The Clarke-Harris saga is a strange one - seems to be for disciplinary reasons (Thornton in the making) rather than footballing or financial but as ever with this barmpot club the truth is buried and kept away from the fans.

Looking at the squad you put up you assuming Bigi is a goner? But that notwithstanding it makes very depressing reading and Div 4 looks a certainty

Yes I have made the presumption Keogh and Bigi will be gone if we have genuine offers. Although we may hold out for a bit more when have we not sold a player we get an offer for under SISU's reign. (I am not saying if it is right or wrong BTW)

Also I am presuming Cranie will get a contract in the championship
and that someone will come up with a 100k bid for Mcpake and ROD will be allowed to go for free.

So there are some presumptions however I think they are reasonable ones.

But like Smiley said I cant really chunter for another month. We may add the free transfers to the squad that I think we need by then. OSB heard the embargo was to be lifted on CWR so who knows

ashbyjan

I heard it was to be lifted two weeks ago but nothing happened so until it actually happens I will carry on worrying and chuntering!!!

Agree on Keogh, Cranie, ROD and McPake being gone but I still hope that Bigi will stay.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
OSB also qualified that as heard on CWR it was to be lifted in a couple of days but that the report might prove to be inaccurate :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread