Sporting in for Latibeaudiere? (1 Viewer)

PVA

He’s Portuguese 👀

Season 1 Grease GIF by Paramount+

steve101

Players like Latibeudiere are more valuable in squads like ours. Although we will hopefully improve our squad depth next year, it isn't going to be massive. He rarely has a bad game wherever he plays on the pitch. Despite being relatively short, he is one of the best of our players in the air. Unless we were offered a ridiculous fee or he wanted to leave, I would hang on to him.

CovLis86

I'd rather keep him for next season and if performs reasonably but we've people ahead of him, see what bids come in next summer.

long way home

Would we sell?, if a value we have on any player is met and time is right to do a deal, then Yes. If that allows more quality depth in multiple positions to be brought in then its a no brainer, that's the model that we have adapted. It creates a culture of the team is more important than the individual and the players except it.

Everybody has a price, but if we keep enough on long enough contract, we get to determine the time. With Lats his strength is his ability to play multiple positions and that adds value not only in cash amount to this squad, but the versatility he gives us. He is not too good that he cant be replaced, its the money we would need in a fee that would allow us to bring cover his roles that could determine the outcome.

Either way we hold the cards and any decision made, it will be for the benefit of the team. The strategy and policy of investing in young players on long term contracts is going to pay off. And don't be shocked if this happens and we are already working on the next Lats type of player to walk through the door

Last edited:

Terry_dactyl

He’s been good for us and, has been said multiple times, more than adequate cover in a number of positions. Making him pretty important in my book.

As with most of our team, he’s also young enough to get better.

I’ve noticed that he’s not afraid to give someone a boot/barge/dig etc when required, even when it’s not required tbh. He doesn’t make a fuss. I like that.
Eccles is also very good at this.

KersleyDigs

Lati was captain at Man City all through the age groups and an England youth international. Viveash states twice in his CET interview how important he is for us (as he can shift during the game into 3-4 different positions).

We paid £4.5m for Kitching in L1, Lati is comfortably £6m + player now

Can't see us selling him though tbh

SkyB

Wouldn't let him go for anything under £5mill now we have a firmer financial footing we don't have to sell to the first offer that comes in, which is a strange, but nice, position to be in as a Cov fan.

However, I don't think Ajax and Sporting send scouts over to watch just Lats. I can very much see both of them looking at Haj and Simms after there's and Viks success.

Raises another hypothetical... How much would you want for Simms and How much would you want for Haj? We don't need to sell, we have a pretty comfy final position, especially if Vik goes in the summer and I'm sure Robins sees Haj and Simms as essential for us to make the next step.

Personally I think £25mill for Haj and £20mill for Simms would be our price, not that I expect anyone to pay that.

Sky Blue Pete

Wouldn't let him go for anything under £5mill now we have a firmer financial footing we don't have to sell to the first offer that comes in, which is a strange, but nice, position to be in as a Cov fan.

However, I don't think Ajax and Sporting send scouts over to watch just Lats. I can very much see both of them looking at Haj and Simms after there's and Viks success.

Raises another hypothetical... How much would you want for Simms and How much would you want for Haj? We don't need to sell, we have a pretty comfy final position, especially if Vik goes in the summer and I'm sure Robins sees Haj and Simms as essential for us to make the next step.

Personally I think £25mill for Haj and £20mill for Simms would be our price, not that I expect anyone to pay that.
Picked up Cameron archer for free when barrow were in the championship and had not intention of selling him he was worth about £20m but Real Madrid bid £42m I had to

messiahrobins

Lati was captain at Man City all through the age groups and an England youth international. Viveash states twice in his CET interview how important he is for us (as he can shift during the game into 3-4 different positions).

We paid £4.5m for Kitching in L1, Lati is comfortably £6m + player now

Can't see us selling him though tbh
Lti is around £4.5m i would think but if selling him id want £5m plus as he is an important player for us

Mucca Mad Boys

£30+ million for both. We have 3 years left on the contract and they’ve both had good goal scoring seasons.

It’s on the high side but we don’t need to sell.

Hertsccfc

I thought he did really well today and perhaps should have come on earlier. I was worried Somerville could do him for speed but Latibeaudiere dealt with him really well under intense pressure. Incredible really considering how much football he has played recently.

Martin180

I thought he did really well today and perhaps should have come on earlier. I was worried Somerville could do him for speed but Latibeaudiere dealt with him really well under intense pressure. Incredible really considering how much football he has played recently.
He is hugely underrated by some on here . He's been a massive part in the season so far , he's not a luxury player but always gives a wholehearted performance and never shirks away .
You only have to hear Robins and Viveash talk about him to realise his value to the squad

Mucca Mad Boys

That would make them the most expensive championship players of all time :ROFLMAO:

We’re not in a position where we need to sell. Firstly, they’re under contract for the next 3 years. Secondly, they’re in great form - 20+ goal a season strikers tend to perform well in the Championship.

If Gyokeres weren’t in his final 12 months of contract, we could’ve demanded £30+ million and a sell on clause.

HadjiChippo

Not really, Southampton sold a bunch of players for more last summer
Lavia, Tino, Ward-Prowse all went for an incredible combined amount. Maddison also left Leicester for £40 million-ish.

Also pretty sure Joao Pedro left Watford for Brighton for £30+ million.

Simms, considering contract length, English tax, and current form, has to be worth at least £20 million. A 20+ goal return next season and he’s got to push £30 million, unless FFP/PSR kills the transfer market before then.

Sky Blue Pete

Lavia, Tino, Ward-Prowse all went for an incredible combined amount. Maddison also left Leicester for £40 million-ish.

Also pretty sure Joao Pedro left Watford for Brighton for £30+ million.

Simms, considering contract length, English tax, and current form, has to be worth at least £20 million. A 20+ goal return next season and he’s got to push £30 million, unless FFP/PSR kills the transfer market before then.
Brighton should be ok

skybluecam

Not really, Southampton sold a bunch of players for more last summer
After being relegated from the PL yes. Those players were bought based on their performances in the premier league, not the championship. I think only Ward Prowse actually played a championship game.

Users who are viewing this thread