Sporting in for Latibeaudiere? (1 Viewer)

skybluecam

He was virtually ever present (when fit) for a side that finished 10th last year, and who wanted to keep him, and is now virtually ever present in a side pushing for the top 6. All these appearances in various positions..

He’s obviously not a brilliant CB, RB and DM, because if he was he’d be in the Premier League.

But he’s a very solid Championship player capable of perming well in all three of those positions, and that is worth a lot.
Virtually ever present is pushing it. He’s not first choice in any position.

Martin180

He hasn’t played bad(ly), he’s been fine. I don’t get the hysteria over him. Claiming Kelly is better, he’s terrible where he plays, he runs like a young Forrest Gump, he’s a decent utility player who is young and clearly has leadership qualities as well as the odd goal. Why are our fans obsessed with finding a player we own and making out he’s stealing a living. Weird.
Have you read the O'Hare thread ?
Joel is a very important squad player , shows good leadership and doesn't shirk a challenge

Evo1883

He hasn’t played bad(ly), he’s been fine. I don’t get the hysteria over him. Claiming Kelly is better, he’s terrible where he plays, he runs like a young Forrest Gump, he’s a decent utility player who is young and clearly has leadership qualities as well as the odd goal. Why are our fans obsessed with finding a player we own and making out he’s stealing a living. Weird.
If we are being honest you do exactly the same to allen and Kelly and have done for years

skybluecam

He's played in 35 of 39 games. And has played the 5th most minutes of anyone in the squad. I'd say that's virtually ever present.

And again, that's because of his versatility not because he's first choice in any one position - and that's the point people are making.
Largely due to us starting the season with a back 5 and now Sakamoto’s injury has pushed MVE forward so he’s filling in at right back. I expect his minutes to be reduced next season if we stick to a 4 and have more depth on the wing.

Ccfcisparks

Largely due to us starting the season with a back 5 and now Sakamoto’s injury has pushed MVE forward so he’s filling in at right back. I expect his minutes to be reduced next season if we stick to a 4 and have more depth on the wing.
If our squad was fully functioning he would be nowhere near the 11. With us likely signing a COH replcement and EMC I would hope that he would have less opportunity to play.

Martin180

Be interesting to see what his average rating over the course of this season is on the player ratings threads

PVA

So... he's serving his purpose very well as a versatile utility player, which is what people are saying is so useful!

You're kind of proving my point :ROFLMAO:

Ccfcisparks

So... he's serving his purpose very well as a versatile utility player, which is what people are saying is so useful!

I'd rather us have competent back ups so we arent plugging square pegs in round holes.

Cally Fedora

We’ve had a good season. He’s played a lot of games. So he’s doing OK. He’s young, versatile and is an international. So we should be pushing to retain barring a ridiculous offer.

wingy

When's the last time you had chips? 🤔
Went in about two months ago for haddock and chips, about a tenner, thought I better do my bit and support a local business, got to keep moving that government handout money up the chain so the elites can keep buying those assets!!

skybluecam

What is your point?

My point is you would bite someone’s hand off for 4-5m for a championship squad player.

Marty

Have the papers not just got MVE and Latibeaudiere mixed up here? MVE was actually a target for Sporting last summer I believe.

As for Lats, he's alright, does a job but he's limited. He's an option to fill in various positions but never excels. Wouldn't be that bothered if he moved on if we got a good deal.

SkyBlueMatt

I'd rather us have competent back ups so we arent plugging square pegs in round holes.

We are never going to have 22 first team, top 6 quality players.

Lati may not get the plaudits like other players but he is a good, important player for us. He is still only 24, according to my days of FM, he still has 2/3 years until his prime.

Saying that, 5 mil would be a good return.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The utility player thing is a slightly different argument to his overall ability in any given position. Sure, it is useful to have a player that can play in several places, but how good are they in any of those positions?

I want to like Latibeaudiere. I like the way he speaks when interviewed, and his commitment on the pitch is commendable. He doesn't shy away and certainly gives his best all the time. As for his genuine ability though? He's one of our weakest defenders. I've noticed him at fault for quite a lot of goals this season and there's been a few times something has happened that I've then watched back and not been particularly surprised that it was him who was the culprit. Not as bad as JDS, and you could argue many other defenders have had their moments, but as others have said he wouldn't be starting with everyone fit.

A great squad player who I'm pretty happy with overall, but if a really silly offer came in it would surely be a pretty easy decision to make.

blunted

Adi Vivash singled him out for praise. That is good enough for me. Only 24, his best years ahead of him. Great pedigree, won the u17 World Cup with England. Regular Jamaican international. Can play different positions and has played a lot of games this season. Good engine and plays when returns from internationals. Tough too and very experienced for a 24 year old.
Thinking Sporting may be looking at Hadji Wright or Simms.

Brighton Sky Blue

If those clubs are seriously interested perhaps they have seen something that we oiks on a forum haven’t. Though I have a hard time believing it to be honest.

Direct swap for Gyokeres please

PVA

If those clubs are seriously interested perhaps they have seen something that we oiks on a forum haven’t. Though I have a hard time believing it to be honest.

Direct swap for Gyokeres please

Maybe after the success of Gyokeres and Hamer these clubs are just going to think all our players and signings are ace now.

£10m for Tavares please!

Users who are viewing this thread