He’s only a poor little Cockney,
His face is all tattered and torn,
He made me feel sick,
So I hit him with a brick
And now he don’t sing anymore!

Calista

Remember going in the late 60s and hearing
E for B and John O'Rourke
I think that originated from a TV advert for eggs?
'E for B [= eggs for breakfast] and Georgie Best'. Best featured in the ad, but the saying made no sense really, and even less when changing it to John O'Rourke! I dare say fans up and down the country adapted it to their own players.

pusbccfc

Go for it City, Sky Blues, shooting to win.

Still sung fairly regularly. Wish it was sung more often considering it is so unique compared to other songs passed around the country.

Johhny Blue

I think that originated from a TV advert for eggs?
'E for B [= eggs for breakfast] and Georgie Best'. Best featured in the ad, but the saying made no sense really, and even less when changing it to John O'Rourke! I dare say fans up and down the country adapted it to their own players.
There was a point in that ad where a kid says to his dad “You just ate Bobby Charlton”

Torquay Sky Blue

I remember e for b and John O'Rourke. About the same time as "Hutch on the wing and Stein in the middle, that's what you call supreme "

Torquay Sky Blue

Also Chelsea were supposedly ran out of the West End ... I don't remember that happening but folklore has it. And for a short while after Cov fans would sing across to away fans "You'll get the same as Chelsea"
That one used to amuse me

ProfessorbyGrace

Aloisi, Johnny Aloisi, Aaaaaaaloisi, Johnny Aloisi…repeat a few times before the cringe sets in.

We are City, Mighty City, something something…

torchomatic

We went through that phase of singing Three Little Birds, didn't we?

speedie87

Oh Coventry - is wonderful, oh Coventry is wonderful, it’s full of tits fanny and football , oh Coventry is wonderful

Calista

(Sung at the Villa keeper, who wasn't in the best condition)
One Fatty Rimmer
There's only one Fatty Rimmer

slowpoke

Also Chelsea were supposedly ran out of the West End ... I don't remember that happening but folklore has it. And for a short while after Cov fans would sing across to away fans "You'll get the same as Chelsea"
That one used to amuse me
Don’t think they ever did, West Ham did.

ProfessorbyGrace

Yessir, not sure why, but I did cringe. Maybe it was the weirdos around me at HR, going from slating him cos he had no pace and missed a chance (which was rare) to then screaming his name and fawning over him when he scored.
Then two minutes later, ‘ohhh fffuuuhhh, pass and move Aloisi, drop the shoulder, make a run, just shoooooooot! He’s shit!’ 🤷‍♂️

Johhny Blue

Yessir, not sure why, but I did cringe. Maybe it was the weirdos around me at HR, going from slating him cos he had no pace and missed a chance (which was rare) to then screaming his name and fawning over him when he scored.
Then two minutes later, ‘ohhh fffuuuhhh, pass and move Aloisi, drop the shoulder, make a run, just shoooooooot! He’s shit!’ 🤷‍♂️
Don’t remember that one. What’s the tune?

Torquay Sky Blue

Oh Coventry - is wonderful, oh Coventry is wonderful, it’s full of tits fanny and football , oh Coventry is wonderful
There was a disgusting racist song that mirrored that one with the wonderful word changed to colourful and directed at any apposing fans. I'd rather not repeat the rest.
Probably a sign of the times and the nastiness of the 70's but no excuse it was plain awful.

Calista

Don’t remember that one. What’s the tune?
Usually sung, with cello and woodwind accompaniment from the West Stand above, to the tune of the final movement of Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 3 in D major.

DannyThomas_1981

Not a song.

But the next TacticGenius who shouts “SHOOT” at a pro footballer whenever we’re in possession and over the half way line - should be automatically banned for life.

Almost as bad as “FORWARD.”

Never want to hear either again.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

On a side note, who was the first player to get a song about him??
I can't remember many before the 70's hahahaha

edit; senility is a wonderful thing, lets you spout stuff and claim it wasn't you.
I mentioned 2 earlier in the posts 1 about Ian Gibson and 1 about Ronnie Rees they were both in the sixties.Speaking of Rees he has been in Hengoed Court care home after haveing a stroke in 1995.His birthday on April 4th be great if a few City fans could wish him happy birthday.

SkyBlueCharlie9

Not a song.

But the next TacticGenius who shouts “SHOOT” at a pro footballer whenever we’re in possession and over the half way line - should be automatically banned for life.

Almost as bad as “FORWARD.”

Never want to hear either again.
What about current parlance screaming... "HIGH PRESS" and "FEED THE GYOK" !

LastGarrison

One thing that I had an irrational hatred of was the ‘slow hand clap’ if the ref had made a shit decision.

Even typing that it sounds utterly bizarre and pisses me off.

Boosh

One thing that I had an irrational hatred of was the ‘slow hand clap’ if the ref had made a shit decision.

Even typing that it sounds utterly bizarre and pisses me off.

I despise the Doug King song and ‘Gets Battered Everywhere They Go’

Also, only city fans could sing ‘he’s Brazilian’ to a player who hates Brazil

Users who are viewing this thread