Songs We No Longer Sing (2 Viewers)

Joy Division

Between 2015 - 2017 Tony Mowbray to League 1 relegation season Three Little Birds was a regular. I used to like that but just seemed to stop by the time the League 2 campaign started.

Legia Sky Blue

Tiswas/Swapshop, (in the West End) when there weren't many away fans to have banter with (or when the game was deadly dull)! Edit: if I scroll back through the thread, I've probably already mentioned this🤣

I don't remember that, but I do remember Rangers/ Celtic for the same reasons as you mention for your chant.

Milne Out

Minority chant, around ‘84 ,
back of the Sky Blue Stand,
away, and certain pubs in the town

“Knock Knock …. Who’s there ,
Lena… Lena who ?”

Anyone remember to finish the lyrics !?

Legia Sky Blue

Minority chant, around ‘84 ,
back of the Sky Blue Stand,
away, and certain pubs in the town

“Knock Knock …. Who’s there ,
Lena… Lena who ?”

Anyone remember to finish the lyrics !?

I remember it being sung at Anfield when we got done 5-0. I won't finish the lyrics but if it was sung these days people would be getting lifetime bans.

Milne Out

I remember it being sung at Anfield when we got done 5-0. I won't finish the lyrics but if it was sung these days people would be getting lifetime bans.
Was that the bank holiday Monday game !
If so , I was one of the other unlucky souls to have made the trek !

Legia Sky Blue

Was that the bank holiday Monday game !
If so , I was one of the other unlucky souls to have made the trek !

Yes, sounds right. I think Rush scored 4! It's funny the things you remember from so long ago but I associate that song you mentioned with that particular game. It must have been a pretty uncomfortable time for women to go to games in those days as football crowds were extremely sexist, with any woman attending likely to face the 'get yer tits out for the lads' chants, which would be unthinkable now. With my daughter being a big City fan I'm glad they've gone too!

There was another dodgy song I remember from that Liverpool match 'I am the music man I come from down your way, what can you play', which also led to a line about Michael Jacksons hair being on fire. I think the route of these random songs was connected to the old gallows humour of being determined to have a good time despite watching our team taking a spanking.

Users who are viewing this thread