I know some have been knicked of course but

We’ve got a big swede
He’s Brazilian
We’ve got Ohare
Jamie Allen baby
He’s here he’s there sheaf

it’s really good and I just don’t hear other fans go through such a repertoire

and love it or hate it the woke up this morning
I think literally all of them have been taken from other teams, except maybe the Vik one.

Terry_dactyl

As an aside, my family are well and truly bored of me singing “we’ve got a big Swede on our side…” around the place.

Fuck ‘em. That ain’t gonna stop me.

I used to like us chanting ‘Seeee-Rollll! Seeee-Roll’ at Cyrille when he scored.

Sick Boy

You put your left leg in, your left leg out
In out, in out, shake it all about,
You do the Ady Williams and you turn around,
That's what it's all about,
Ohh the Ady Willams, ohh the Ady Williams

I'm pretty sure people used to dance along to it as well.

Mcbean

As an aside, my family are well and truly bored of me singing “we’ve got a big Swede on our side…” around the place.

I used to like us chanting ‘Seeee-Rollll! Seeee-Roll’ at Cyrille when he scored.
Or indeed nice one Cyril let’s have another one

DannyThomas_1981

Love the Big Swede and Hamer songs - it's not often that we've had decent songs with 3-4 lines for a single player.

It might be my poor memory but we had nothing like that for Dion or Hucks during that era?

One current song I hate is the Mark Robins one - should come up with something much more original than that rubbish.

Sick Boy

Love the Big Swede and Hamer songs - it's not often that we've had decent songs with 3-4 lines for a single player.

It might be my poor memory but we had nothing like that for Dion or Hucks during that era?

One current song I hate is the Mark Robins one - should come up with something much more original than that rubbish.
For Dublin, I think it was just Dion, Dion Dublin, Dion (to the tune of Go West) and Dion, Dion, Dion.

Terry_dactyl

Exactly - we should have done better - in general our songs/away support is much better now than in the Prem days (just my view).

My Spurs mate always said 'we only had one song.' Not the case now.
I think I agreed with your spurs mate. Prior to Dublin we also had Speedie (‘Speed-O, Speed-O) and Gallacher (“oh Kevin Kevin, Kevin Kevin Kevin, Gallagher”). Rubbish.

torchomatic

I have to say some of the new songs are pretty brilliant.
As a kid I used to start a lot of the songs away but never invented them

Well apart from we all dream of a team of Gary breens!!

I know some have been knicked of course but

We’ve got a big swede
He’s Brazilian
We’ve got Ohare
Jamie Allen baby
He’s here he’s there sheaf

it’s really good and I just don’t hear other fans go through such a repertoire

and love it or hate it the woke up this morning

Funnily enough I was watching the Inverness- Killie game last night and the home fans sung a lot of the same songs as we do, changed to suit though, of course.

Happy_Martian

I have a vague recollection of being in the west terrace and a couple of the women who worked in the bar (or somewhere) would walk along the side of the pitch, behind the goal. every match with about 10 mins to go. they’d get a load of ‘good humoured’ abuse…”who ate all the pies” etc without fail.
Then final game of the season they got a standing ovation.

I might have dreamt it all.

No you didn't imagine it, I was there :) It was a couple of the programme sellers or turnstile operators, one of which was a slightly overweight middle-aged woman, who had to walk past the WT to go wherever they had to. Without fail, they'd (or more specifically "she'd") get the chorus of "pies". Last game of that season, they began the walk of embarrassment and some did start the chant but they were quietened very quickly by a couple of fans at the front. And as the lady reached the area behind the goal, the same couple of fans stepped out in front of them and presented her with a bouquet of flowers. Got a well meant round of applause from all present.

Happy_Martian

One we had for at least the first six months of his time with us was "🎵Johnny Williams, he's so fast it's unbelievable🎵". The ex-postman and fastest player in the Football League lost his way (and the ball) after that and so did the song. But he still liked Cov after he left. Met him a couple of years later when he was playing for Wycombe alongside Lee Hendrie. Went into the players bar with him after the game and he was giving the ex-Villa toiletbrush some real stick :ROFLMAO:

SBT

The only truly original songs we’ve had in my time as a fan were the ones for Gary Breen and Chippo/Hadji/Keano, both of which were brilliant.

Terry_dactyl

The only truly original songs we’ve had in my time as a fan were the ones for Gary Breen and Chippo/Hadji/Keano, both of which were brilliant.
‘Team of Gary Breens’ has been a staple Nursery Rhyme for my kids. If I read that correctly @Sky Blue Pete you came up with it, I owe you one. Got me through many a kids ‘sing along’!

LastGarrison

Sing your hearts out for the lads!

Another one that’d regularly get sang in the Terrace when the atmosphere had dropped.

fernandopartridge

Both of them were their names sang to the tune of Go West by the Pet Shop Boys

SBT

Both of them were their names sang to the tune of Go West by the Pet Shop Boys
There was some insanely bad 90s techno song about Huckerby that was doing the rounds on YouTube years ago, soundtracking some of his highlights for us. If I wasn’t on a crowded train then I’d try and find it…

fernandopartridge

There was some insanely bad 90s techno song about Huckerby that was doing the rounds on YouTube years ago, soundtracking some of his highlights for us. If I wasn’t on a crowded train then I’d try and find it…
He's your man or something, it was on that compilation they brought out late 90s

Torquay Sky Blue

I personally much prefer traditional songs about the city, than songs idolising a specific player.
In our Coventry Homes was nicked from the scousers In our Liverpool Homes as were so many songs in the 70's.
Probably a scaffold song . A lot of their's were

Happy_Martian

Thought the song for Hucks was "Offside, offside. Offside, offside" and repeat.

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s in the COV album, still have it somewhere

torchomatic

I personally much prefer traditional songs about the city, than songs idolising a specific player.

Apart from the frankly embarrassing "Oh, Coventry is wonderful", surely?

Users who are viewing this thread