Something urgent needs to happen (1 Viewer)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Not defending the ref but I missed it, I was following the ball and it was that late and sneaky, I know he is paid to spot this but maybe not easy when following play and watching the feet etc, Linesman or whatever they call themselves should be spotting it but they couldn't even call the throw ins right yesterday.

FA or whoever should review that yesterday, far more evidence and clearer than the Allen one which they could easily deny as deliberate

napolimp

I agree 100%.

As someone who once had their eye socket fractured (and still suffers visual disturbance 12 years later because of it), by a thug who got away with it, the level of passivity and ‘oh well, nevermind, what can be done’ I’m seeing on this thread is baffling.

You used to go on nights out with Di'Shon Bernard?

ProfessorbyGrace

So I've 'lost my head' by replying - Have you also? Or is that reserved for someone confronting your view?

It is not my 'ideology' it is indeed a fact that basing assumptions on heritage or physical characteristics is stereotyping.

To infer that because someone is Japanese, they must do martial arts, is to make a stereotype.

Must all Brits play Cricket? Take afternoon tea? Go Morris dancing? Must all French people eat snails? Smell of garlic? Be arrogant?

If we had knowledge that he is a Judoka, etc, then it is an acceptable comment. But assumption/stereotyping of 'The East' is reductive.

I don't need you to educate me on Japanese culture, I've spent time living and working there. I also have Japanese friends, none of whom are representative of your view.

They are individual people with individual values, interests, and traits, which is the crux of the issue.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
Agree 100%, however the essence of why I posted what I did, appears to have been swept aside. 🤷‍♂️

Frostie

Not defending the ref but I missed it, I was following the ball and it was that late and sneaky, I know he is paid to spot this but maybe not easy when following play and watching the feet etc, Linesman or whatever they call themselves should be spotting it but they couldn't even call the throw ins right yesterday.

FA or whoever should review that yesterday, far more evidence and clearer than the Allen one which they could easily deny as deliberate
Most people on here & at the game missed it too, it was intentionally sneaky & the ref is human, it happens. Those saying the lino should spot it, if he's in the correct position, up with the last defender, then it's likely out of his field of view too. For footy fans, first person to blame is always the ref, why not the player that committed the cowardly assault?

100% agree that he should be now cited & subsequently banned though. This kind of thing can't be allowed to happen & twice in a week, one leading to a serious injury, is really not acceptable.

Terry Gibson's perm

For these sort of incidents it would be fairer and better to ban the player from two future games against us so we get a benefit.

SkyblueTexan

Send this to the EFL and get retroactive red cards asap. They cannot get away with this and just say it’s part of the game. That’s bullshit. There has to be some punishment for this. The coaches are equally guilty.

Terry Gibson's perm

To me it's not about any benefits to us or other teams. It's to punish the culprit, plus if other sides are seeing punishment meted out, then they may be less likely to go for this kind of foul play in the future

He won’t care in the slightest either way and would do it again they are a team full of that type of player, never has a team been more modelled on their fans.

Skyblueweeman

It sits and waits we got no in game benefit and it could benefit your rivals if he doesn’t play.
But it'll work the same for us if a player gets sent off in a previous game playing against someone else and can't play for us.

Regardless, a player should be punished if they do something like this. It shouldn't matter who they don't get to play against - it matters that they don't get to play, due to their violent conduct.

Terry Gibson's perm

But it'll work the same for us if a player gets sent off in a previous game playing against someone else and can't play for us.

Regardless, a player should be punished if they do something like this. It shouldn't matter who they don't get to play against - it matters that they don't get to play, due to their violent conduct.

Just trying to look on it a different way.

I actually don’t think anything will happen.

TewkesburySkyBlue

What does it achieve in all honesty, critise the officials on the day by all means but it benifits everyone else apart from us with retrospective action?
Sorry Wingy I completely disagree, that thug needs to pay for his actions.
Millwall should be equally discussed with him.
OK many say it reflects that club but I don't believe that. There was a guy from one of the Millwall fansites on think it was SKy Blues TV and he was a very reasonable guy.
Maybe someone should send him the clip.

wingy

‘Tenuous’, oh dear. Martial arts are culturally ingrained in the Far East, you may or may not accept this, but that’s your choice - by the standards of Eastern society, I doubt it would be close to ‘discriminatory’ to assume someone does/doesn’t have skill in martial arts.

And it’s also your choice to label a cogent explanation to a cultural norm in the East as ‘counter productive’ to suit your ideological stance, however it is not. It’s culturally accurate.

Before you lose your head any further, I did actually condemn the ‘stereotype’ that he would have dealt with the assault himself, if he was trained. However, your rhetoric kind of nullified it.

What one may consider irrelevant, is subjective. All I was attempting to do was educate, so that a hasty conclusion wasn’t drawn.
I suppose the marketing ploy of Hai karate needs looking into!

TewkesburySkyBlue

Sorry Wingy I completely disagree, that thug needs to pay for his actions.
Millwall should be equally discussed with him.
OK many say it reflects that club but I don't believe that. There was a guy from one of the Millwall fansites on think it was SKy Blues TV and he was a very reasonable guy.
Maybe someone should send him the clip.
Sorry for the typo should be disgusted with him

Boicey

Saka is such a honest, genuine player he just gets up and gets on with it even after a forearm smash….
Maybe MR will tell him to lie down, get treatment and let people focus on the incident more, especially if on TV.
As well as more of our players getting involved, carefully.
I guess we, sadly, need to be a bit more streetwise in this Div.

Terry Gibson's perm

Saka is such a honest, genuine player he just gets up and gets on with it even after a forearm smash….
Maybe MR will tell him to lie down, get treatment and let people focus on the incident more, especially if on TV.
As well as more of our players getting involved, carefully.
I guess we, sadly, need to be a bit more streetwise in this Div.
Then he gets punished having to stay off the pitch for 30? Seconds while the criminal stays on

AOM

Clive was saying on Friday with regards to the Jamie Allen injury that there couldn't be any retrospective punishment or investigation as the referee dealt with it at the time during the match and so the rules were that it couldn't be looked at again.
A ridiculous rule assuming that is the case, as we know referees don't have access to a replay at the time, and can only go with what the officials have seen.

wingy

Clive was saying on Friday with regards to the Jamie Allen injury that there couldn't be any retrospective punishment or investigation as the referee dealt with it at the time during the match and so the rules were that it couldn't be looked at again.
A ridiculous rule assuming that is the case, as we know referees don't have access to a replay at the time, and can only go with what the officials have seen.
Who are the people on the committee, referee's or otherwise,?

Sky Blue Pete

Normally if it’s been punished so free kick or booking but surely the ref can have another look and if he thinks bloomin eck I was wrong he can change his mind

AOM

Normally if it’s been punished so free kick or booking but surely the ref can have another look and if he thinks bloomin eck I was wrong he can change his mind

Yep, exactly! Referees don't have any VAR to refer to in the football league and we know they can make mistakes in the moment, so it would only be fair to get second opinions after the incident.
Teams can appeal red cards, so not sure why they can't look at possible violent conduct

wingy

Yep, exactly! Referees don't have any VAR to refer to in the football league and we know they can make mistakes in the moment, so it would only be fair to get second opinions after the incident.
Teams can appeal red cards, so not sure why they can't look at possible violent conduct
Next year isn't it?

Sky Blue Pete

Most people on here & at the game missed it too, it was intentionally sneaky & the ref is human, it happens. Those saying the lino should spot it, if he's in the correct position, up with the last defender, then it's likely out of his field of view too. For footy fans, first person to blame is always the ref, why not the player that committed the cowardly assault?

100% agree that he should be now cited & subsequently banned though. This kind of thing can't be allowed to happen & twice in a week, one leading to a serious injury, is really not acceptable.
I’m still surprised they both missed it where they were but I’m also absolutely ok to accept that neither of them did see it

Users who are viewing this thread