Something urgent needs to happen (1 Viewer)

Hobo

He obviously saw he caught him at the time. Could have at least gone to Sakamoto after and said something, or given him a pat on the shoulder or something.

So many players do offer some kind of sympathetic gesture after they have caught a player and it was an honest challenge.

I'm glad he's made the statement, but I'm not quite buying it.

He did Otis in the next break in play he went to Tats spoke, then they shook hands.

wingy

This comes up all the time, and I’m sure there’s a middle ground to be found, but ultimately there’s no point in trying to force a team of nice guys to try and pretend to be horrible bastards. I know there are some fans who enjoy watching players chase the ref around and kick the shit out of each other for 90 minutes, but the fact that we don’t default to The Dark Arts every time doesn’t seem to stop us winning games, so why change it?
To win more or all games, no?

pusbccfc

Another one tonight.

That one on Sakamoto is unforgivable from the ref. It's clearly an accident but he didn't even give a free kick.

djr8369

Another one tonight.

That one on Sakamoto is unforgivable from the ref. It's clearly an accident but he didn't even give a free kick.
I thought the one on Tats was the worse. He’s made no attempt to jump for the ball and gone under Tats so he lands awkwardly. Looks like he’s out for the season and from what Robins said potentially more serious than that.

I know you see it every game but never understood why it’s let go. A serious injury like tonight was bound to happen.

pusbccfc

I thought the one on Tats was the worse. He’s made no attempt to jump for the ball and gone under Tats so he lands awkwardly. Looks like he’s out for the season and from what Robins said potentially more serious than that.

I know you see it every game but never understood why it’s let go. A serious injury like tonight was bound to happen.

The fact the ref didn't give it is the biggest issue. They are missing incidents like this that are genuine life changing injuries.

Nick

Administrator
Interesting the lino was next to it and missed it but decided to give a free kick randomly later on in the game.

djr8369

The fact the ref didn't give it is the biggest issue. They are missing incidents like this that are genuine life changing injuries.
Right in front of him as well.

I know we were terrible but that was a ridiculous game. How many times was Palmer shoved in the back?

pusbccfc

Right in front of him as well.

I know we were terrible but that was a ridiculous game. How many times was Palmer shoved in the back?

Yep, it was good to see Palmer having a pop at him. Just a shame it took till the late stages of the match for the players to call it out.

The foul on Sakamoto was attempted a few times on Simms and Haji. It's a dangerous thing to do when a player is jumping.

Hobo

In rugby it would be a red card.

Nuskyblue

I wonder if the ref was made aware of the severity of the injury.

He was completely different type of incompetent in the second half.

Chris1987

I am sick and fed up of our best players getting kicked to shreds on a weekly basis with no protection from referees. How can it possibly be allowable for players to dish out this skulduggery with little fear of punishment ? I hope that Preston twat has a conscience about what he did and their shit house fan base revert from absolute denial to acknowledging the reality. What would their opinion be if the situation was reversed ? We all know the answer to that . Bloody hypocrites. We've had numerous instances of our players being targeted and for a coach (Wagner) to publicly imply that our players were picked out for rough treatment is misguided at best , disgraceful in reality. That's the kind of statement that does nothing to encourage referees to crack down on this thuggery.
Something needs to happen and soon or we end up with a player incurring a very serious injury. Saka has been a breath of fresh air at this club and deserves way better in terms of protection from disgusting targeted violence ( Millwall) and deliberate fouling.
I hope that the club creates a real stink about this persistent exposure to dangerous and targeted fouling.

djr8369

I am sick and fed up of our best players getting kicked to shreds on a weekly basis with no protection from referees. How can it possibly be allowable for players to dish out this skulduggery with little fear of punishment ? I hope that Preston twat has a conscience about what he did and their shit house fan base revert from absolute denial to acknowledging the reality. What would their opinion be if the situation was reversed ? We all know the answer to that . Bloody hypocrites. We've had numerous instances of our players being targeted and for a coach (Wagner) to publicly imply that our players were picked out for rough treatment is misguided at best , disgraceful in reality. That's the kind of statement that does nothing to encourage referees to crack down on this thuggery.
Something needs to happen and soon or we end up with a player incurring a very serious injury. Saka has been a breath of fresh air at this club and deserves way better in terms of protection from disgusting targeted violence ( Millwall) and deliberate fouling.
I hope that the club creates a real stink about this persistent exposure to dangerous and targeted fouling.
It was the same with Gyok last season. Luckily he was a beast.

Same with Palmer, Simms and Wright last night. Pushed in the back every time they jumped for the ball or received it to feet. Defender climbing on their back every time they were in possession. No intervention from the ref 80% of the time.

Nick

Administrator
He was wank

Absolutely lost in the game. No control. Seemed to flip a coin for most decisions. But in the end had little impact on the game yes.

I liked it when we made a challenge, he carried on, their bench went mad, he gave a free kick, their bench still went mad, he booked their manager.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If anyone says we moan about shit refs I think the injuries to Allen and Saka (both of which didn't even get a card at the time) proves we get a shit deal.

And that's without even mentioning all the little fouls we suffer and don't get anything. We do it once and it's a yellow.

How many time do we see attackers backing into our defenders and getting a free kick, but when our attackers do it they get penalised?

Really starting to piss me off now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread