Something for the Thorn out brigade to think about (1 Viewer)

Gaz

If you had us down as struggling too, then where did you think we would be Otis ?

Leeds sacked SG because they didn't think he was good enough.
The Leeds fans were not happy with this and pointed to player sales as the reason he was sacked.

Well, I understand that.

I had us down to struggle this season for sure. What I didn't have down though was us being rock bottom and 7 points adrift.

As I said on another thread, did Leeds sack Grayson because he was crap or because they needed to try something different because they felt it wasn't working?

It clearly isn't working here for Thorn and it has now gone past the argument of whether he is good, bad or indifferent. We need to change the mentality and belief and spirit. That is only going to come from a new manager bringing in fresh ideas and a new approach.

Bloodnut1964

oh I have to laugh at some of the stupid posts I see on here, SISU must be laughing their heads off at you, Thorn is not the problem as I have said before, bringing in a new manager may or may not be the answer either.
What I do know is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, respect it or not, this is the truth thou, this forum is only a very small minority of CCFC supporters so don't think what you see on here is the thoughts of everyone!!
Rant over.

Well, I understand that.

We need to change the mentality and belief and spirit. That is only going to come from a new manager bringing in fresh ideas and a new approach.

Do we? The players are giving 100%. Whatever you think of Thorn, our results aren't through a lack of team spirit.

This is why I don't buy this honeymoon period theory either. A honeymoon period happens when a team had stopped playing for the previous manager. That simply isn't the case here.

stupot07

not every manager has a honeymoon period - look teams in similar positions to ours Northampton, Plymouth, forest, Doncaster....

dadgad

Otis, I agree we need to change, bring in fresh ideas, etc. but that is assuming that those with the power to affect this change have the footballing interests of this club as a priority - which they don't.

not every manager has a honeymoon period - look teams in similar positions to ours Northampton, Plymouth, forest, Doncaster....

Something else I had meant to point out. Mind you, I don't know how that whingeaholic Cotterill could inspire anyone.

Nonleagueherewecome

...you don't get it. Think outside the box. I'm not suggesting we get a martin O'Neil. Just a decent manager with experience as Thorn is clearly not good enough for the job and the last person I would want if we go down.
As for perspective? Yes Blackpool 4th today...and your point? Means nothing in this league...we lost at Home to Ipswich that's a bigger point!

Look I don't want to insult you but you really should read more carefully before leaping on someones back with pointless argument.
If your username is anything to go by it's all academic to you anyway isn't it? You have us as a non league club before we even played a game! :wave:

I know you weren't saying we should get O'Neill: maybe you try reading my posts properly, eh?

You said look at the O'Neill honeymoon period: but that impact is because O'Neill is a world class manager, and he also had a large and under-performing squad to re-energise. We won't get a manager who can have that impact, and a honeymoon period is not guaranteed: Adams, after all, lost his first 5 games here!

My user name was to replace my old CT Forum one, which was Midtableobscurity: I reasoned that it was far too optimistic given the way the owners were treating us, and I genuinely believe that they will see us head the way of Luton, Plymouth, Grimsby and Stockport. Those who knew me got the joke!

Macca

to be fair I ve given up on the debate, he's staying and who can blame him,

the white flags are flying

Nonleagueherewecome

Do we? The players are giving 100%. Whatever you think of Thorn, our results aren't through a lack of team spirit.

This is why I don't buy this honeymoon period theory either. A honeymoon period happens when a team had stopped playing for the previous manager. That simply isn't the case here.

Like the Sunderland players had stopped playing for Bruce. You don't see Wigan fans calling for Martinez's head, and that's because he's still got the dressing room on side. There is a lot of evidence that AT has not lost the dressing room, notably on the pitch, where there is no lack of effort or graft. Quality, however..well that is lacking. Fitness too. If only we had a fitness coach..

Paxman II

No one has said Thorn has lost the dressing room?
I can't say I have ever seen that in any post?

However what some are saying is it has become more apparent as the games keep piling up and we keep losing badly are Thorn's tactical knowledge and managerial ability comes ever more into question.

I firmly believe if a more experienced guy was in charge we would stop the rot. Thorn's management has cost us vital points too often. Fact.
Keep him we are certain to go down. Replace him we may give ourselves some chance....and that's a maybe.

stupot07

No one has said Thorn has lost the dressing room?
I can't say I have ever seen that in any post?

However what some are saying is it has become more apparent as the games keep piling up and we keep losing badly are Thorn's tactical knowledge and managerial ability comes ever more into question.

I firmly believe if a more experienced guy was in charge we would stop the rot. Thorn's management has cost us vital points too often. Fact.
Keep him we are certain to go down. Replace him we may give ourselves some chance....and that's a maybe.

It hasn't happened at forest, Doncaster, Plymouth, Northampton, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread