Something for the Thorn out brigade to think about (1 Viewer)

Any new manager that comes in has to get to know the players again and with little time. Players that are already giving 100% for the manager and still have belief and confidence in their own ability and the ability of the manager. I actually think it's more likely that the players would be unsettled by yet another change.

covandy

why not use the youth team manager as we will be using a lot of the players in L1 i say give Gregor and Carsley a go

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't see how the players keep going after 2 defeats like that in a week-and they're the ones paid to turn up. Fair play to all the fans who keep going up there because frankly, this week is the straw that broke the camel's back.

covcity4life

have you never heard of a honeymoon period??????????????

if this is palyers giving 100% we may aswell hand out defualt 3-0 wins to the opposition

Otis

The "Thorn OUT" brigade aren't very good at thinking tho'.

That's right. The Thorn out brigade are all thick as two short planks and haven't got a brain cell between them.

What a stupid post. :facepalm:

Nonleagueherewecome

Beat me to that one, dadgad: the post following yours being a prime example! My favourite was the knob on the phone-in who had a go at Thorn for being incapable of motivating, followed up by "The players just need to get a brain in them!" Well, which is it: revolutionary brain surgery, or man-management?!

Otis

The guy on the phone in is a knob because he believes Thorn incapable of motivating? Is he not allowed to have an opinion then and because his opinion differs from your own he's a knob?

Didn't particularly agree with the call, but in no way did he come across as a knob.

:(

Paxman II

...and Martin O'Neil took how long to get wins for Sunderland exactly?

A new man must be brought in on Monday. Vital if we are to try and stay up!

craigus12

there's not much point in getting rid now as we're already down. but definitely want someone new for next season as he hasn't shown anything to me that he could be a successful manager.

note to whoever responds about some shite analogy about needing correct tools to do an occupation, he would have been fully aware of the constraints before he signed his contract.

simon grayson once the season is finished please.

Nonleagueherewecome

there's not much point in getting rid now as we're already down. but definitely want someone new for next season as he hasn't shown anything to me that he could be a successful manager.

note to whoever responds about some shite analogy about needing correct tools to do an occupation, he would have been fully aware of the constraints before he signed his contract.

simon grayson once the season is finished please.

He clearly was not: the budget was later changed, Clouting is on the record as saying that.

It's like trying to build a cathedral with a children's plastic tool kit. There ya go :p

Grendel

No you're right lifes great. We are top of the league if we hold the paper upside down. Did you pay for your frontal labotomy? I'd get the money back if I were you.

Nonleagueherewecome

Martin O'Neill is IMO the best manager in the UK. He should have got the England job when he replied. He is the new Clough.

So, who are we gonna get in who is that good then, Paxman? :facepalm:

BTW Blackpool go 4th today..perspective, eh?

Grendel

He clearly was not: the budget was later changed, Clouting is on the record as saying that.

It's like trying to build a cathedral with a children's plastic tool kit. There ya go :p

No it's like trying to construct a building with a plumber as the main architect. Come on, admit it it's over for thorn now.

Nonleagueherewecome

No you're right lifes great. We are top of the league if we hold the paper upside down. Did you pay for your frontal labotomy? I'd get the money back if I were you.

At least he had a brain in the first place to be operated on.

stupot07

It's a bit different taking over a decent squad than an average one....Plymouth have also seemed to have benefited from a change in manager.....

1ccfc

there's not much point in getting rid now as we're already down.
We still have 51 points to play for, and in my opinion with better management we could be getting better results. At this point do we have anything to lose? Getting rid of Thorn is hardly a knee jerk reaction.

Gaz

Past history shows that we don't get anywhere changing the manager all the time.

Let's hear the names of new managers from the Thorn out mob, who is going to come in and save our season then ?

Nonleagueherewecome

Didn't Adams lose his first 5 games in charge?

torchomatic

The stock answer is to let Lee Carsley ''have a go''.

Past history shows that we don't get anywhere changing the manager all the time.

Let's hear the names of new managers from the Thorn out mob, who is going to come in and save our season then ?

Nonleagueherewecome

The stock answer is to let Lee Carsley ''have a go''.

Which is:

a) admitting that SISU won't replace Thorn with a proven manager
b) possibly the most stupid idea I've ever heard. Whatever Carsley does know about management, it's what he's been learning off Thorn. Ask him!

Otis

What the fook is it with this thread?

Unbeliveable. Sure have opinions, but if the only thing people can come out with is just how stupid Thorn out people are, then that's all very petty and pathetic.

Posters may not have said 'stupid' in so many words, but the inference is there.

Is this the way forward you think? Resorting to abuse? Does this aide any debate at all?

Last edited:

Gaz

Oh Otis, shut up FFS

You moan about others if there opinion is different to yours enough, so don't all of a sudden try and take the moral high ground.
What the fook is it with this thread?

Unbeliveable. Sure have opinions, but if the only thing people can come out with is just how stupid Thorn out people are, then that's all very petty and pathetic.

Posters may not have said 'stupid' in so many words, but the inference is there.

Is this the way forward you think? Resorting to abuse? Does this aide any debate at all?

Otis

Not taking the high moral ground.

Just tell me exactly how making out that anyone who wants Thorn out is thick contributes anything to any debate on any level?

What is my opinion exactly then? Please do tell me.

1ccfc

gaz

So I take it you would give Thorn a new contract for the sake of stability?

Gaz

Why would I tell you what your opinion is ?
Your opinion is your own, it's not for me to tell you what your opinion should be.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't try to force my opinion on others or tell them what there's should be.

torchomatic

Otis look at the Thorn Fuck Off thread and look at what those on "your side" are saying to others. Stop being such a baby.

Big Cyrille

Until today i've backed AT completely saying he hasn't got the players but today i think we deserved everything we got. The tactics were really negative. We played poor Clive Platt on his own up the front and i thought i heard him say Nimely came here because he was going to be played in his right position.........

Gaz

So I take it you would give Thorn a new contract for the sake of stability?

Letting Thorn see out his contract and giving him a new one are two different things.

Having a manager for half a season and then sacking them gets the club no where.

It hasn't worked since we came into the championship so don't see why it would work now.

Otis

Why would I tell you what your opinion is ?
Your opinion is your own, it's not for me to tell you what your opinion should be.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't try to force my opinion on others or tell them what there's should be.

But you are making out that i force my opinions upon people. I believe that not to be the case. Therefore I wonder what you think these opinions are that I force upon people?

Users who are viewing this thread