Sol Campbell (1 Viewer)

hill83

Now now no need to get nasty x

I’m not arguing that. Go back and look, you’re the one who jumped on my post questioning the alleged “proof” about Sol Cambell not getting a managers job because he’s black. You posted a general stat which is not proof. You also mentioned the race card weirdly as that’s not a term I have or would ever mention. Quite odd really.

And as I said before it wasn't necessarily directly aimed at you. I wasn't trying to show proof, how is that link proof?
Neither was me saying that people have used the term 'race card' saying that you directly used it. It's been used on the thread. Two people have thought that now and I've not said anyone's name directly who used it.

I'm also not saying that you yourself are saying that discrimination doesn't exist. I'm saying I don't understand why people would say that. Which again, has been suggested on this thread.

Last edited:

robbiekeane

And as I said before it wasn't necessarily directly aimed at you. I wasn't trying to show proof, how is that link proof?
Neither was me saying that people have used the term 'race card' saying that you directly used it. It's been used on the thread. Two people have thought that now and I've not said anyone's name directly who used it.

I'm also not saying that you yourself are saying that discrimination doesn't exist. I'm saying I don't understand why people would say that. Which again, has been suggested on this thread.
Sorry if this is a stupid question then but why did you reply to my post?

shmmeee

Oh Jesus Christ, Diane abbott is a fucking idiot. Black white or yellow she is an idiot.

Disappointed in you Hill...you’re usually a reasonable poster, think you have a lot more credible champions for fighting discrimination than Sol Campbell and Diane Abbott hahaha

She graduated from Oxford in an age when black people from working class backgrounds don’t do that. She’s clearly not an idiot.

She’s a horrible politician, but to claim she’s an idiot because she messed up numbers in the same way that I’ve seen Philip Hammond and Sajid Javid do is just factually incorrect.

Boris is by far the bigger moron and a national embarrassment yet gets none of it.

hill83

She graduated from Oxford in an age when black people from working class backgrounds don’t do that. She’s clearly not an idiot.

She’s a horrible politician, but to claim she’s an idiot because she messed up numbers in the same way that I’ve seen Philip Hammond and Sajid Javid do is just factually incorrect.

Boris is by far the bigger moron and a national embarrassment yet gets none of it.

Boris is pure BANTA though so it's fine.

NorthernWisdom

Yeah, it's not like Abbot is the only politician who chats shit, or Campbell is the only footballer to say something stupid.

Mourinho's made a career of it, after all...

hill83

Yeah, it's not like Abbot is the only politician who chats shit, or Campbell is the only footballer to say something stupid.

Mourinho's made a career of it, after all...

Mourinho is* pure BANTA though so it's fine.

*was as he gets stick now

NortonSkyBlue

You can look at all sorts of reasons but here's an observation.
Frank Lampard, Derby, Steven Gerrard, Liverpool Academy and Glasgow Rangers, John Terry- Aston Villa #2
Sol Campbell, Macclesfield Town. I wonder if there is another stand out reason why that is so?
Abbott is a poor politician in my opinion whether she was white or black but the abuse she gets is fundamentally about her skin color.

hill83

doesnt surprise me that many mowbray haters are also racist

evil is evil!

FFS

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
Easy judge to see if somebody is racist.

Out of the 2 female judges on the greatest dancer, who would you prefer?

If you say Cheryl Cole, you are clearly doing it based on race and should be ashamed or you should go and have a word with yourself.

(We can allow sexism)

hill83

Easy judge to see if somebody is racist.

Out of the 2 female judges on the greatest dancer, who would you prefer?

If you say Cheryl Cole, you are clearly doing it based on race and should be ashamed or you should go and have a word with yourself.

(We can allow sexism)

Do you watch that in Starbucks?

Nick

Administrator
Do you watch that in Starbucks?

Nah, they refuse to put it on.

I've only seen it once for about half an hour but it was enough to show that Cheryl Cole is way overrated.

Don't act like you haven't googled to see!

(I was just taking it to ccfc4life's level of working things out)

ajsccfc

I saw the first episode, it's got all those shit hallmarks of a show made by Simon Cowell where it cuts to audience reactions filmed at different times and you hear witless mutterings from the thick British public. Undecided which is worse, that or the showoff singing thing with Ginger Spice.

covcity4life

if you are in relationship you should see all other females as your daughters,sisters or mothers(depending on their age)

stop lusting!

skybluegod

Agree with what you said... RE Abbott

But you can't say that Diane Abbott is smart because she went to oxford? When Boris went to Oxford too... And some of the best schools in the world also...

Grendel

I believe the point is she did it without the leg up of cash and being coached in the 'right things to say.

I’m sure she was coached at her all girls grammar

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I really can't understand why any owner of any business wouldn't hire someone because of their race or colour if they were best fit for the position. But obviously they do and if your talking of arrogance how the hell did Brian Clough ever get a managers job?

Warwickhunt

Boris knows he's an Idiot and plays on it!

Grendel

If it's anything like the grammar schools in Rugby were, she certainly wouldn't have been.

Lawrence Sherrif is one of the top rated in the country isn’t it?

ceetee

I went to Lawrence Sherrif and certainly wasn't coached in any way as implied but that was 60 years ago!

NorthernWisdom

Lawrence Sherrif is one of the top rated in the country isn’t it?
Is now.

Its pretty lazy to suggest a state school offers the same coaching of how to enter Oxbridge as some of the top private schools. To say that isn't even to denigrate those who go to Oxbridge from those schools either - but it's fair to give credit to those who buck trends rather than look for every avenue to pursue a one dimensional narrative.

Grendel

Is now.

Its pretty lazy to suggest a state school offers the same coaching of how to enter Oxbridge as some of the top private schools. To say that isn't even to denigrate those who go to Oxbridge from those schools either - but it's fair to give credit to those who buck trends rather than look for every avenue to pursue a one dimensional narrative.

It isn’t - interview technique, personal statements and coaching form a big part of such schools.

Also of course it’s worth noting that many of those schools sent children to such institutions - many of whom entered politics. The school is now closed and it’s replacement is a comprehensive - something Miss Abbott clearly doesn’t value as we all know.

Grendel

I can say from personal experience... they don't!

Or certainly didn't in my day, and I'm younger than Diane!

I’ve edited it. They clearly did as many senior politicians went to them

Grendel

If you didn't get advantage from certain private schools... why would anybody pay the money?

Well simply because they can. It’s a status thing.

It’s clearly also a better system than comprehensive education which brings you down to the lowest common denominator - elitism has grown due to the closure of schools that allowed selection in the state. Now it’s a race to the bottom.

NorthernWisdom

Well simply because they can. It’s a status thing.

It’s clearly also a better system than comprehensive education which brings you down to the lowest common denominator - elitism has grown due to the closure of schools that allowed selection in the state. Now it’s a race to the bottom.
So what we can ascertain is that Diane Abbot is intelligent then.

Which brings us back to the question as to why she gets more stick than others for gaffes.

Maybe it's a status thing...

better days

You can look at all sorts of reasons but here's an observation.
Frank Lampard, Derby, Steven Gerrard, Liverpool Academy and Glasgow Rangers, John Terry- Aston Villa #2
Sol Campbell, Macclesfield Town. I wonder if there is another stand out reason why that is so?
Abbott is a poor politician in my opinion whether she was white or black but the abuse she gets is fundamentally about her skin color.
It's unfortunate that this thread has gone the way it has
Tony Adams was at least as good as Campbell and in the same era yet he had to start at Wycombe and only got the Portsmouth job once they were a basket case and he was assistant and in place when the manager went
Teddy Sherringham had to start at Stevenage and now Paul Scholes looks like he's going to Oldham
Even Gareth Southgate couldn't get a decent club after being bombed out at Middlesbrough in his first job and had to come back via age group teams
Lampard, Gerrard and John Terry are the exceptions

Grendel

So what we can ascertain is that Diane Abbot is intelligent then.

Which brings us back to the question as to why she gets more stick than others for gaffes.

Maybe it's a status thing...

So is Dominic Raab then. Even David Davis got to Harvard yet they are regularly mocked for their stupidity

Users who are viewing this thread