So who do we want? (1 Viewer)

The Philosopher

Dennis Wise anyone?

Possible even Dowie as co-Manager? (Or one assisting the other)

One a in motivator role, one an intelligent fitness/tactical role?

A lot of these people who have been out of the game for a couple of years (and already have a few quid but don't want to simply fade away) may be willing to work for very little just to keep their names relevant.

speedie87

How about a Cov dream team of

Graham Alexandra manager
Greg Abbott assistant
Eric Black scout
Bobby Gould Chief Scout
Oggy - Goalie coach
Richard Money u21 manager
Trevor Gould Academy manager

Colonel Mustard

Doesn't really matter. Put together a list of the applicants, close the eyes, stick a pin in one of the names. Hope they work out. And if they do, hope they don't then jump ship at the first decent offer from another club.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Wonder what Nigel's thoughts are on Beattie; he wants a striker after all! ;)

Although he seems to have his heart set on Dublin stepping up!

As does another caller tonight (was his name Nigel too? Old boy) who has his heart set on Bobby Gould. Knows his parents and everything (then went on to say they are 'probably' no longer with us anymore....so probably never knew them anyway ;) )

RoboCCFC90

From Cov Mad:

Coventry City have had sixty applicants phoning Steve Waggott about the vacant manager's job.
City sacked Steven Pressley at around 10,15am-10.30am this morning and Mr Waggott has said that his phone has been busy all day taking over sixty calls about the job.
Steve Waggott has said that the club will take its time over the appointment of a new manager.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monners

Colin Calderwood - he lives round the corner from me, and seems a friendly chap - another Scottish manager though?

tisza

1. we haven't got time to wait to make an appointment.
2. what sort of management is it that hasn't been thinking about replacement managers for at least a couple of weeks?

Jackoskyblue

Been bored read everyone's comments and the shortlist us lot have come up with is

Top 5 most suggested

Graham Alexander
Uwe Rosler
Richard Money
Mark Warburton
Nigel Adkins/Keith Hill/Dave Jones

M&B Stand

From Cov Mad:

Coventry City have had sixty applicants phoning Steve Waggott about the vacant manager's job.
City sacked Steven Pressley at around 10,15am-10.30am this morning and Mr Waggott has said that his phone has been busy all day taking over sixty calls about the job.
Steve Waggott has said that the club will take its time over the appointment of a new manager.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They may have had sixty calls, but 58 of them were just offering compo for PPI. Dunno if we took out PPI on Robinsons loans??

Great_Expectations

Been bored read everyone's comments and the shortlist us lot have come up with is

Top 5 most suggested

Graham Alexander
Uwe Rosler
Richard Money
Mark Warburton
Nigel Adkins/Keith Hill/Dave Jones

To be fair, that is a pretty strong shortlist. I hope someone from the club is reading this site.

Unfortunately of the seven names listed; realistically I think we could only attract three - Alexander, Money and Hill. The others would deem themselves too big for a struggling league one club, wouldn't gain anything from taking us over (i.e. The risk of failure and a tarnished reputation far outweighs the chance of success) or simply would not come without assurances of money.

We we need a manager with something to prove, eager to succeed and willing to work with a limited transfer kitty.

sotv1987

Yh me too, you play for the club? Ironically Craig was a better player when he was younger, yet Graham went onto make the big time!

yeh, played for Canley for a while, i wasn't that good, Craig was defo the better player, Graham got the break though, Wakey should have gone places too

Chipfat

Hockaday will get it till the end of season,,if we beat MK Dons.... Scary thought but Sisu will not be wanting this revolving door and multiple pay offs going on.. Short term deal see what next season brings will be SW wish i would of thought...

Users who are viewing this thread