So out of touch with Premier leagure football now (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Man City are so far ahead of the rest could be because the rest are pretty average ? The Premier is 3 divisions in one as you've got six or seven at the top, then a large group in the middle, and then others fighting it out at the bottom. Personally I enjoyed the Championship, especially when we played midland clubs and the likes of Leeds,both Sheffield clubs, as the atmosphere was good and most games were lively. Not a big fan of the Premier it's become distant from "real football" and even though I watch games on the telly and in the pub, that's because I like football.

Disagree, below Arsenal it's a massive pile of dross that just happens to be in the fortunate position of being better run than the clubs further down. I don't look at Burnley in 7th and think they are infinitely better on paper than West Brom at the bottom. Yes Arsenal are wobbling a bit but once Wenger inevitably departs and a competent replacement is found it'll be the top 6 and everyone else.

bringbackrattles

Disagree, below Arsenal it's a massive pile of dross that just happens to be in the fortunate position of being better run than the clubs further down. I don't look at Burnley in 7th and think they are infinitely better on paper than West Brom at the bottom. Yes Arsenal are wobbling a bit but once Wenger inevitably departs and a competent replacement is found it'll be the top 6 and everyone else.
Burnley could end up sixth and Albion get relegated. So that means Burnley are a much better team than the Baggies.

Adge

It’s all a bit corporate now for me aswell, but I guess you have to move with the times. I remembered why I love football the other day at Forest v Blues-a proper old football ground, 2 proper traditional football clubs and supporters and a sizeable crowd. If we ever manage to get back to the Championship that would do me.
Mind you, again, some of the wages/transfer fees are also excessive.

Brighton Sky Blue

I hear Dyche is fancied for the Arsenal job. But he won't get it as he's not fashionable enough, so says the "experts" on the radio !

He would end up like Moyes at United. Didn't knock the quality of his management, but you can't seriously argue that Burnley have a team of galacticos at his disposal.

tisza

Problem is these PL just don't think.
There is no justification for paying out much if the money they do.
Fees & wages are expanding to fill the TV income. There aren't that many World class players in PL that justify wage levels.
Knock on effect down the leagues which again has no relation to income.

covcity4life

quick point on competitiveness

last season at same point in season

1 Chelsea 29 22 3 4 37 69
2 Tottenham Hotspur 29 18 8 3 36 62
3 Liverpool 30 17 8 5 27 59

and currently

1 Man City 29 63 78
2 Man Utd 29 34 62
3 Liverpool 29 35 60
4 Tottenham 29 31 58

so man u liverpool and spurs would all be in a title race any other year with their pts tally so its not a case of everyone else doing badly, city are just smashing it

ajsccfc

When the opposition reacts their play can be electric, but Chelsea were literally watching them do it almost as if they refused to play along.

To think Man City had what should have been a tricky run of fixtures and it that time only Wigan have brought it to them.

covcity4life

When the opposition reacts their play can be electric, but Chelsea were literally watching them do it almost as if they refused to play along.

To think Man City had what should have been a tricky run of fixtures and it that time only Wigan have brought it to them.

1 result in a season of 50 is enough to make them a bad team lol

btw i agree chelsea vs city was boring but thats chelseas fault not city. city can only be admired

ajsccfc

Eh? I'm not criticising Man City at all, there's not really much else they can do against a team refusing to even engage. Chelsea get all the blame here, it's like Conte's checked out already.

Ricketts

You said you could name 10 so I thought OK, i'll give it a go.

Daniel Sturridge
David Da Silva
Harry Kane
Berkovic ?
Callum Wilson
Deli Ali
Danny Rose (is is still a regular?)
Vincente Kompany (does he still play, Man City)
Walcote
Wayne Rooney
Kieron Dyer
Charlie Adam
Peter Crouch

Darren Bent?

Obviously there will be loads that I have heard of once I watch a match.

However it doesnt leap out at me as a spectacle. The match against Stoke was a reminder of how good and exciting football used to be. I know they are a Premier league team but it was more like a Championship fixture. Thats where the passion still is (I hope, when we get there)

covcity4life

You said you could name 10 so I thought OK, i'll give it a go.

Daniel Sturridge
David Da Silva
Harry Kane
Berkovic ?
Callum Wilson
Deli Ali
Danny Rose (is is still a regular?)
Vincente Kompany (does he still play, Man City)
Walcote
Wayne Rooney
Kieron Dyer
Charlie Adam
Peter Crouch

Darren Bent?

Obviously there will be loads that I have heard of once I watch a match.

However it doesnt leap out at me as a spectacle. The match against Stoke was a reminder of how good and exciting football used to be. I know they are a Premier league team but it was more like a Championship fixture. Thats where the passion still is (I hope, when we get there)

stoke was quality because we played a prem team

too much romantiacising of championship in my opinion, if we had played cardiff no way ricoh would have been rocking

covcity4life

Anyone who calls retaining possession goinf backwards is idiotic i am afraid

Look at the amount of goals peps teams score

clint van damme

He would end up like Moyes at United. Didn't knock the quality of his management, but you can't seriously argue that Burnley have a team of galacticos at his disposal.

I personally don't like him too much but I've heard a couple of extensive interviews with him and he has some fairly interesting ideas. Would like to se him have a crack at the Arsenal job just out of interest as I wouldn't really give two fucks what the outcome was.

SlowerThanPlatt

I can see City being a dominating force for the next 5 years at least. Yes they’ve spent loads of money in recent years but they’ve chosen the right players - Sane, Sterling, Stones, Jesus 23 or under.

Do you think Pep can win the CL this season CC4L? There’s better teams left in but could see Liverpool beating them over 2 legs

NorthernWisdom

I personally don't like him too much but I've heard a couple of extensive interviews with him and he has some fairly interesting ideas. Would like to se him have a crack at the Arsenal job just out of interest as I wouldn't really give two fucks what the outcome was.
I'd have thought Eddie Howe would be the better fit for Arsenal tbh.

And Arsenal for him too, if they kept to their seeming ethic of giving a manager time and space.

Terry Gibson's perm

Where would people rank Man City's team this season compared to the greatest PL teams? Arsenal 2003-2004, Chelsea 2004-2005, Chelsea 2015-16, United 1999-2000 and United 1993-1994. For me the Chelsea team under Mourinho is still the best I've seen as a whole unit

I think this Man City side would beat all of them but it wouldn’t be so easy if Liverpool of the 80’s

ccfcway

Hardly.
Silva passes to De Bruyne. De Bruyne gives it back to Silva (repeat)

as opposed to...

Mcdonald starts the hoof :(

Lots of hoofing it forward by us early on

Aimless so far :(

It never comes to anything on the deck either, pass it around and then hoof it. Strikers are chasing lost causes.

Lost count of long kicks to one of their defenders, nowhere near any of our players.

fernandopartridge

Hmm. Spurs were by far the better side over two legs, but the Juve nous got them through. Hardly schooled.
As for City, they were already through.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
They were schooled. Juve let their foot off the gas in the first leg. Cut through Spurs effortlessly in the second half last night. Spurs are supposedly some great side.

covmark

They were schooled. Juve let their foot off the gas in the first leg. Cut through Spurs effortlessly in the second half last night. Spurs are supposedly some great side.
Spurs are far from a great side but they outplayed Juve in the first leg. They had two chances in the second leg and scored two goals. Hardly cutting through them effortlessly.
Over the two games spurs were by far the better side, but that's what happens in football sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread