So now we know (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I think the pcwh threats at the time were to put anybody off the scent - I questioned whether he was on the payroll, and quickly got the lawyers threat

Which threat did you get?

Was it the "family of lawyers" or the "you wouldn't like to see so many lawyers angry" one?

Fuck off you slimey little tweed infested weasel.

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

Surely investments are public and in the accounts?
Like Tizsa says, "not necessarily".

If the council wanted to make this sort of investment I am pretty sure they could bury it sufficiently well to avoid detection.

It occurs to me that a 'promise' of a 'generous' and 'guaranteed' return on investment might be something that could persuade councillors from all parties.

NorthernWisdom

Like Tizsa says, "not necessarily".

If the council wanted to make this sort of investment I am pretty sure they could bury it sufficiently well to avoid detection.

It occurs to me that a 'promise' of a 'generous' and 'guaranteed' return on investment might be something that could persuade councillors from all parties.
I don't think this kind of deal would persuade your average councillor, tbh. Whatever party they come from, they tend to be conservative (small c)

Grendel

Which threat did you get?

Was it the "family of lawyers" or the "you wouldn't like to see so many lawyers angry" one?

Fuck off you slimey little tweed infested weasel.

I was told to “watch my step“ and “be careful”

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

I don't think this kind of deal would persuade your average councillor, tbh. Whatever party they come from, they tend to be conservative (small c)
I value your opinion, but I'm not so convinced.

I've come across plenty of councillors with inflated opinions of their own abilities. I can well see some snake oil salesman massaging council egos before flogging the idea that they would be really clever if they completed the sale of the Ricoh and tied this into a purchase of bonds that were probably sold on the basis of high interim returns. Perhaps this is what went on at that meeting to agree the sale to Wasps (the one that was closed to the public and at which no minutes were taken).

Fergusons_Beard

As I say, most councillors either have no opinion on CCFC, or actively support them. So I find the idea they’d, to a man, turn their back on CCFC as opposed to Sisu, hard to swallow.

But they fucking did tho Shmeee.

And they CONTINUE to do so.

It’s not a conspiracy pal-it’s a fact.

Otherwise this debate would not be happening as CCFC would own the Ricoh and WASPS would be still playing down south.

End of pal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fergusons_Beard

It was literally being reported by the Telegraph and CWR as too close to call which way the vote would go heading into the meeting. Then there's a behind closed doors meeting with Wasps in attendance from which there is absolutely no details recorded, not a single note anywhere and suddenly its a unanimous vote. How does anyone look at that at not at the very least want to know what went on in the meeting?

One of those ex councillors from that meeting needs to break the silence of exactly went down in that meeting with WASPS.

I bet ‘promised much-delivered little’ is used to described the sale of the Ricoh to them.

Fergusons_Beard

I get that. But firstly these sorts of economic analyses always overplay their hand, secondly we aren’t in the Prem, and thirdly Sheffield council don’t have to balance that against potential losses of property or legal costs.

But what it DOES prove is that by having a successful football team in the city means a huge financial benefit to local business and community!!

Fergusons_Beard

As I said, it isn't me being emotional. You are the one trying to say everything and anything is a conspiracy.

It obviously has nothing to do with trying to play down the wrong doings of organisations your dad has been the leader of.

It is you who needs to step back and take the emotional and personal involvement out of it.

It is every thread where something has been said that makes CCC not look very good at all.

Confirmation bias right there Nick.

shmmeee

But what it DOES prove is that by having a successful football team in the city means a huge financial benefit to local business and community!!

Yeah all things being equal, of course. If we assume perfectly spherical chickens ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

Still no idea why nobody decided to pressure that little c**t. He would have lost his head quicker than everybody else.

I spoke to him in person without realising who he was at a Trust meeting years ago. Then he went on stage as the guest speaker haha

shmmeee

It is quite funny seeing people try to make out that an Aldi closing as there is another one just up the road is on par economically with a championship football club.

It's desperate.

Shit mate. Who’s doing that?

Skyblueweeman

Well that’s the question isn’t it? How much does it help CCFC as opposed to Sisu?

This is why the “future of the club” stuff worries me. Are Sisu saying the club only has a future if two future legal decisions go their way?

As I’ve said, personally I can’t see that happening and would rather we just dropped the legals () and got on with the football in Cov. But IANAL and honestly don’t know how strong the case is.
What does IANAL stand for?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Well that’s the question isn’t it? How much does it help CCFC as opposed to Sisu?

This is why the “future of the club” stuff worries me. Are Sisu saying the club only has a future if two future legal decisions go their way?

As I’ve said, personally I can’t see that happening and would rather we just dropped the legals (😝) and got on with the football in Cov. But IANAL and honestly don’t know how strong the case is.
I'm not too worried about the 'future of the club' comment. Sounds v much like a 'won't someone think of the children' to get attention.

As discussed (very sensibly by all I must add!) earlier; SISU losing millions on an indemnity/court case/stock market crash won't affect CCFC unless they chose to stop funding. Which would put their PR back to square one.

shmmeee

tisza

Talking of working against the club. Weren’t the council championing a “city of rugby” - how’s that going?
Is there even a need/demand for a city of rugby?
Population of 56 million and basically 11 properly professional teams -average crowds around 13/14k?
Many big cities don't even have one. Birmingham, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield,Bradford and many more.

ccfcway

I find it surprising how just how much people don't seem to know.

I am by no means saying I know everything and anything, I am a sad c**t who has probably discussed it a lot more than most and looked into things.

People are now seeming surprised when things are being said that happened pre-SISU that I assumed were common knowledge.

Selective hearing or simply people aren’t as immersered In it as others.

I only found out today how dogs drink water, despite having dogs all my life.

Nick

Administrator
Selective hearing or simply people aren’t as immersered In it as others.

I only found out today how dogs drink water, despite having dogs all my life.

Yeah but have you been giving opinions on how dogs drink for years?

ccfcway

Yeah but have you been giving opinions on how dogs drink for years?

The options have been available but I haven’t read them.

Not disagreeing with you, but by and large, the average fair weather fan isn’t as informed as a couple of hundred who are all over this

Users who are viewing this thread